It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I am not even going to go through how insane your statement is equivocating murders to people with a policy disagreement.

I will just say as long as people with your insane mentaality are out there, this sort of violence is inevitable.

I agree.
Let's bring all the troops home and stop justifying violence around the world.

Oh and let's demilitarize our police forces here at home too, they have way too much firepower for mere domestic issues.
And let's scale down the police raids and all that stuff.
Etc etc

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Downplaying tye obvious roles the MSM and rest of the sources of the neverending parroting of DNC/SJW/etc talking points is what you do here in every attack.

It is disingenuous for us to blame others for the acts of individuals. Their beliefs may be informed from outside influences, but in the end it is their responsibility to bear.

If its Islamic terrorism even in the EU youy march in that it isnt radical islams fault.

I've never said that. You made that up.

If its mass murder at a BLM protest well BLM had nothing to do with it; they didnt inspire it, and everyone who thinks that is crazy.

I've never said that. You made that up.

If a a Bernie/Hillary supporter guns down GOP well NOPE wasnt the DNC MSM etc and the increasingly loud screams for civil war everyday.

It wasn't the DNC or the MSM. I was a man that did it.

Also, there are no increasingly loud screams for civil war everyday. Again, you made that up.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm done. I've said my peace about the issue and I'm not going to dwell on it any longer.

If people want to continue pushing these narratives about the Left, extreme or otherwise, it appears there is nothing I can do about it.

Apparently ignorance has a mind of it's own.

But thats the point. You didn't talk about the issue. You talked about yourself, your perception of an attack on you and people like you, and that you are defending yourself and others against that attack.

Did it ever occur to you that its not about you at all? Why do you think "others" want or need you to defend them? Why do you identify yourself as hard left and then act surprised when the tide turns against you in light of the violence that just occurred?

You just wanted attention. And I gave it to you. Shame on me. But shame on you for taking a sick attack on innocent people and turning it in to a soap box for your persecution complex.

The attacker WAS a liberal extremist. He DID attack republicans. For every attempt you make at obfuscating his motives I suggest using the same line of questioning on yourself. Did you talk to him directly? Do you know for a fact it was not an attack on republicans and just a random act of violence by some nut job?

link   
And, now his most active and recent FB account has been pulled down.

ETA: Now both have been pulled.
edit on 14-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheRedneck

Reports say police responded to his home back in March for shots fired.
He had a permit for the weapon.

Also reported he also has a criminal history, including assaulting his girlfriend in 2006.

Isn't domestic violence a huge red flags when it comes to getting a gun permit?

It should be, and also indication of one prone to violence in general.

However, he had at least an M4, as far as what his criminal convictions are, and where he got/bought the gun, who knows.

Where did you hear he had an M4? That's very, very unlikely.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

B-b-but tolerance! Understanding! I thought the left "evolved" beyond using violence and hateful rhetoric to achieve their goals. Peace, man!

At least we can see pass the farce now, right?

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Not shocking at all, I was going to mention that someone screencap it but I figured that was too obvious.

It is a government site afterall, so they will come in after the fact and do cleanup.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You have constantly looked to undermine the legitimacy of the Trump Administration and promoted the traitor and impeachment narrative, thus reinforcing Trump is a traitor. Trump has destroyed our Democracy, if that was actually the case then any true American Patriot would be entitled to violently resist the Government if all legal means fail, that's the supposed reason they have the guns in the first place, your participation in the promotion of the false narrative triggered this individual to think that such a situation prevailed, you twisted the guys thinking so much he thought shooting up Congressmen was defending Democracy..
edit on Kpm630164vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I read a piece a while back that stated many times when someone goes nuts and shoots up a place, they often have issues of violence at home.

Makes sense. Normal people don't go out and shoot up a place. For certain he had 'issues' of some kind.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

Also reported he also has a criminal history, including assaulting his girlfriend in 2006.

However, he had at least an M4, as far as what his criminal convictions are, and where he got/bought the gun, who knows.

It's all but impossible he had an M4.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Not shocking at all, I was going to mention that someone screencap it but I figured that was too obvious.

It is a government site afterall, so they will come in after the fact and do cleanup.

People archived them...but there were four years of post on one. I am glad I took the opportunity to read through it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: face23785

That was pretty much what I was getting at. Probably reported by the same people who think my AR-556 is 37 times deadlier than an AR-15.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I am not even going to go through how insane your statement is equivocating murders to people with a policy disagreement.

I will just say as long as people with your insane mentaality are out there, this sort of violence is inevitable.

I agree.

Oh and let's demilitarize our police forces here at home too, they have way too much firepower for mere domestic issues.
Etc etc

Personally I am for bring almost all of our troops home.

As for the police, some are armed too much, but its more nuanced than you make it. Thats another topic.

I don't know what to make of your posts on here. If I am reading you correct, yu are just saying humans are inherently violent and so....?

I think you are doing a terrible injustice comparing this madmans behavior to the founding fathers. The founding fathers attempted dialogue, and held huge debates with each other on how to deal with the British.

This guy cowardly shot at people playing baseball.

He is not a hero, and the founders were not madmen. To compare the two only serves to justify future political violence.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

All politicians use tragedy to push their agenda, it's been happening for centuries.

Enjoy your dry-heaves.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I read through a good bit of his fb posts too. Interesting reading. Unlike most fb pages his was very solidly political, not much else on there. At least not that I saw. I have a fair amount of political stuff on my page. But you are more likely to find something funny about dogs than you are to find politics at any given time. His page seemed to be very single minded, not very convincing of a real web page at all. I cant go as far as to say it was fake, but it seemed odd.

link   

original quote form Mr. Spock

I've heard 'M4' and 'M16 variant'.
media doesn't know squat about weapons. presumably the cap police will do a press conference later.
edit on 14-6-2017 by ElGoobero because: fix quote

link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I agree.

Etc etc

Boy when you go off-topic you go right the hell off the rails, don't you?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have to ask, for those claiming that the MSM/celebrities/DNC/etc are in some way culpable what do you propose should be done?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
the shooter was in the parking lot when he asked the guy that question, so he would not have seen the jerseys they were wearing until he got closer...they said he is from Illinois, he left a trail behind on facebook anti trup posting and other media,,,,on the tv a little while ago they said he is dead

bad enough this happened, now we have a ups employee went postal and shot a bunch of employees in san francisco

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What I find odd is that it's been reported that the guy asked if the players were Republican or Democrat...when it was clear, from the on scene interview of Jeff Flake, that the players were wearing red jerseys with the name 'REPUBLICAN' emblazoned across the chest.

Could the shooter not read?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: muzzleflash

B-b-but tolerance! Understanding! I thought the left "evolved" beyond using violence and hateful rhetoric to achieve their goals. Peace, man!

At least we can see pass the farce now, right?

You've been fanning the flames this entire thread....
edit on 14-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join