It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Shooter has died.

link   
President Trump: Shooter dead.

link   
Trump: Shooter now dead from injuries.

link   
The assailant has died.

link   

edit on 6/14/2017 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

He's going to be interrogated, there will be a trial, he's gonna talk.

Nope. Trump just confirmed the assailant is deceased.

How convenient.

link   
Pres Trump announces that assailant is DEAD..

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, a little off topic but if you really want to play with tanks and stuff you can signup for different packages near Houston, Texas.

Drive and shoot real tanks! The World's premier living military history adventure. Experience the historic and rate anti-tank guns and machine guns.

Drive and shoot real tanks

link   
Trump just stated the gunman has died.

link   
a reply to: SBMcG

SBMcG,

Can I ask you a question?

Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert... can I ask you what these two have done which is hateful or hate-filled? The only reason I ask is because these people are not covering their platforms in their spittle, and screaming and shouting in spasms of pure rage, faces flushed with murder lust. They tell jokes, they apply sarcasm, but they do not express actual, genuine rage toward folk. They use people as the laughing stocks they ought to, but nothing else besides. They are not the lefts answer to Alex Jones or anything like it, so where did you get this description from?

I am genuinely curious as to how you are formulating the opinion you hold.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's relevant because it shows a sentiment that is held when people perceive a government is tyrannical, on both sides of the isle.

That you project everything onto "the left," and blame "the left" for the perceived ills while denying it is applicable to both parties shows your confusion, partisanship, and hypocrisy.
edit on 14-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   
Let me get this straight....

Somebody gets up today, grabs their rifle, and thinks "I need to go shoot me some Republicans".

He goes to a baseball field, not knowing who is there. Somehow randomly ending up there?
Then asks "Are these Reps or Dems?"
Whereupon discovering it's Reps, he then proceeds to unload.

----------
This story is so absurd and unlikely I'm gonna have to say I don't believe it at all.
Why would he go to the ball park if he didn't know who was playing?
How did he know it's political like Reps or Dems if he didn't know which one it was to begin with?

Could someone please do some research and find out if the Democrats also practice for baseball at this park regularly?
When was the last time they met and practiced there?

If the Democrats are not meeting here at all, the story is completely bogus.
If the Dems do indeed meet there weekly and recently, than maybe there is a chance the story could have some validity and the shooter knew they practiced there and was just making sure it's the right group to shoot before unloading.

Plus how did the guy who reported the guy questioning "is this Reps or Dems" know that this was the shooter ? How was this association made? Did he see the shooter firing and remember "oh wow that's the guy that just asked me that!" or what?

See how many strange aspects to this there are just at face value of the story claimed in the first page of this thread?
edit on 6/14/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Shooter is dead...

Terrible. Now he can't be interrogated for information to find out who helped him.

link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sounds like Scalise was on the ground out in the open for a few minutes as the rest of them were taking cover in the dug out... if there were no security there, then he'd be dead, as would many others.

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.” Rep Mike Bishop (R-MI)

That brave person was one of the security officers assigned to protect Scalise, not a free-range citizen with a gun.

What's your point?

This "free range citizen with a gun" would have acted in exactly the same manner as uniformed security with very likely the same result.

It's disgusting how quickly leftists are to jump on a shooting like this and blame it on the 2nd Amendment, especially in this case where the shooter was targeting Republicans.

I don't know how you can be so sure about that. A free range citizen might be more inclined to run to safety than stay and do their job. Who knows what they woulda done.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The difference here is the individual has responded to the narrative of the MSM, Trump is a traitor and Trump has destroyed Democracy, not some fringe Reactionary group, as soon as it happened it was entirely predictable what his motives and inspiration were and not in the least surprising, it's consistently been pointed out that they've been priming people to take the Law into their own hands in such a manner and that many a virtue signalling Tweeter has been posturing accordingly.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I love how people always put the blame on someone else. In this case the media.

As someone mentioned, most of this outspoken groups are not out doing these events.

The blame goes on the person for acting outside of what is acceptable to society.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It's relevant because it shows a sentiment that is held when people perceive a government is tyrannical, on both sides of the isle.

That you project everything onto "the left," and blame "the left" for the perceived ills while denying it is applicable to both parties shows your confusion and partisanship.

Yes, and perceptions are being skewed by hate filled rhetoric from the left wing media.
You've obviously fallen for it, or you wouldn't have referenced Rand Paul's tweet.

link   
Holy cow. I think my dad knew the shooter. Unfortunately, my Dad passed away last year. I'm messaging my brother in Belleville to confirm right now.

I haven't lived in Belleville since 2000, but I have numerous friends and family there and I go there regularly.

I think he was a customer at wholesaler on main street when my Dad worked there after retiring from the USAF.
My first thought was that it was my dad's crazy neighbor who has political signs all over his yard adjacent to the corner of Godfrey street, but I am not sure. His business was on the west end by Emge school , I think.

Like I said, i'm waiting on confirmation from my brother.

They just showed a photo of him on CBS and he looks familiar, but i can't say that I ever met him.

link   

Yes its official he was targeting Republicans,Congressman Jeff Duncan said in the news.

So you are right.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree, time to declare ANTIFA a domestic terrorist group, who knows it maybe foreign agents attach to them financially too.

Anything to cause chaos and mayhem in our nation.

The way they work they are getting a lot of funding from somewhere.

Probably reptilians. That has just about as much evidence to make it worthy of speculation. Ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join