It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sounds like Scalise was on the ground out in the open for a few minutes as the rest of them were taking cover in the dug out... if there were no security there, then he'd be dead, as would many others.

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.” Rep Mike Bishop (R-MI)

That brave person was one of the security officers assigned to protect Scalise, not a free-range citizen with a gun.

What's your point?

This "free range citizen with a gun" would have acted in exactly the same manner as uniformed security with very likely the same result.

It's disgusting how quickly leftists are to jump on a shooting like this and blame it on the 2nd Amendment, especially in this case where the shooter was targeting Republicans.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Me too! My first thought was the crazy guy with a cannon and signs in his yard by Lindenwood.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm saying that is his excuse to go out and kill people. If Trump was never elected I'm sure he would have found some other reason to pull the trigger on someone.

link   
a reply to: Byrd

Doesn't matter much. The point is, someone was there to return fire and help buy time so that people could get to safety. In this case, it was their armed security, but the same principle applies to an armed citizenry.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Donald Marsel is also on the friends list of the shooter's FB page. He has a picture of Seth Rich on his 'wall,' or whatever you call it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'm saying that is his excuse to go out and kill people. If Trump was never elected I'm sure he would have found some other reason to pull the trigger on someone.

I don't think so. This was a targeted assassination attempt.

R ep. Mark Walker says gunman targeted congressional baseball practice 'to kill as many Republican members as possible'

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

He used his political stance as an excuse to try to kill people?

Maybe his political stance was the reason he targeted a certain group of people?

You know, like Dylan Roof targeted black people because he was a white racist.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This was a politically motivated attack by a far left communist trying to kill Republicans by the look of it.

Being confirmed now he asked Jeff Flake who the guys playing baseball were and whether they were Republicans or Democrats.
edit on 14/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This guy's FB page is purely manufactured, with users on his friends list getting their pages taken down within seconds of me posting this.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

This was a politically motivated attack by a far left communist trying to kill Republicans by the look of it.

That is exactly what it looks like to me.

(Feeling sick...there were children there.)

link   
Soo the shooter planned the whole thing knowing that the Congressman were in that park playing for years, so he knew when they were gathering and probably how many.

Now if the Shooter had to drive hours to get to the place, that means that somebody else was watching the area waiting for the right time for the shooting to move in.

This is going to be interesting, in my opinion he was not acting alone.

I wonder how many other sites of government gatherings are been under surveillance for attacks right now, I mean any attacks.
edit on 14-6-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
Several years ago it was a Democrat politician who was shot now it's Republicans. This reeks of being more than what it is and one can only ponder where this is heading.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Flashback Wednesday:

link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: jordan77

But that's not even the point. The point is, it's ok to say we don't know why this guy did what he did until it's revealed. And he's alive so it will be soon enough.

That doesn't mean a damn thing. Just because he's alive doesn't mean we will hear a word from him about his motives.

Well they stand a better chance of getting an answer with him I've no?

link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

This guy's FB page is purely manufactured, with users on his friends list getting their pages taken down within seconds of me posting this.

I am sure people are trying to disassociate themselves from him... lest they be part of the investigation.

link   
The president is getting ready to speak.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Fascinating...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

oh, I'm not really a big proponent of gun control, after all I would really like a nice tank to park in my driveway and drive around town!!
I am just pointing out how hypocritical the american people have become....
that the position they will take are so dependent on their political party like this.
taking advantage of a tragedy is wrong, if it's justifying gun control, but right if it's justifying a muslim travel ban....
is it wrong, or right to take advantage of a tragedy for political gain or not? if it's wrong, it's wrong in both cases...
otherwise, aren't you also taking advantage of said tragedy yourself by criticizing the opposing party for doing the very same thing that you would do if you could find a way to use it to justify one of your political beliefs...
like...um... demonizing all liberals along with all media that opposes the songs you favor for the actions of one crazy person??

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Flashback Wednesday:

You highlighted the problem. You think the govt is tyrannical because that is what has been spoon fed to you.
Enough with the nonsense.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

By the looks of it, this was another false flag/Manchurian-style attack to keep the people at the ends of our false political dichotomy at each other's throats.

I mean seriously, who takes a poll before going on a rampage?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join