It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
(post by dfnj2015 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What I find odd is that it's been reported that the guy asked if the players were Republican or Democrat...when it was clear, from the on scene interview of Jeff Flake, that the players were wearing red jerseys with the name 'REPUBLICAN' emblazoned across the chest.

Could the shooter not read?

Desantis was approached in the parking lot. It could be that he had a jacket covering the tee shirt.
edit on 14-6-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My update:

A police spokeswoman confirmed the suspected shooter had been shot and was taken to a hospital. Brown said five people have been taken to local hospitals, but the specific injuries were not immediately known.
President Trump issued this statement: “The vice president and I are aware of the shooting incident in Virginia and are monitoring developments closely. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected.”

Trump later tweeted: “Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, a true friend and patriot, was badly injured but will fully recover. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”

I agree that linking updates in this thread would help more than attacking each other.
Link to updated Washington Post

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
so, msn and cnn has been telling it's viewers that it's okay to punch a nazi??
have a question here.....
where's the nazis, aren't they rather old and feeble now and many in jail... wouldn't it be kind of mean to go around punching the old geezers?
oh, you mean nazi, as in another label, stereotype, that is left up to to apply as we see fit??
and so since some seem to view others as nazis or whatever and act insanely, (although you have to admit they might be acting insanely for another reason), others are labeling people as "liberals", prone to violence, and I do believe that at least on post on this thread has said that they should be killed, for the "nazi's" self preservation....

that clears everything up!! we're all INSANE!! LOCK US UP!!! LOCK US UP!!! LOCK US UP!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Sorry the whole South Africa thing got me...
former post deleted
edit on 14-6-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: Not the mud pit.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I had a feeling that there would soon be a high profile shooting...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Late night, just awoke. Who is the shooter? What do we know?

link   
ATTENTION

This is not the MUD PIT and the topic is not each other.

STICK TO THE TOPIC.

Do not reply to this post.

Carry on.
edit on 14-6-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
My update:

A police spokeswoman confirmed the suspected shooter had been shot and was taken to a hospital. Brown said five people have been taken to local hospitals, but the specific injuries were not immediately known.
President Trump issued this statement: “The vice president and I are aware of the shooting incident in Virginia and are monitoring developments closely. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected.”

Trump later tweeted: “Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, a true friend and patriot, was badly injured but will fully recover. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”

I agree that linking updates in this thread would help more than attacking each other.
Link to updated Washington Post

Appropriate and quick response from the President. Didn't try to score any points, which was very sensible.
If this can be a catalyst to calm everyone the F down, that would be a silver lining.

link   
a reply to: Martin75

What a crap are you posting?! "CNN=ISIS": this is either devalueing the threat of IS or completely overestimating CNN's influence.

If you read the whole article, you would have found not only the sentence you didn't like (but what happened in reality, anyway), but also some very nice worded infos about Scalise, for example:

- "Inside Congress, Scalise has been described as a pragmatic conservative and has helped bridge the widening rifts between stark conservatives and more traditional Republicans."
- "Scalise won the House seat in Louisiana that was vacated by Bobby Jindal when he ran for governor in 2007.
He is avid baseball fan and has played on the congressional team since he entered Congress. His leadership office is lined with pictures from past years' games.
Scalise, 51, was a computer systems engineer before joining Congress. He and his wife, Jennifer Scalise, have two children. "

What you didn't like: "As he was running for House Majority Whip, a scandal emerged when it was revealed Scalise had spoken to a group led by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2002. Scalise called it a mistake and apologized. Then-House Speaker John Boehner supported Scalise and Rep. Cedric Richmond, a black Democrat from Louisiana, also supported Scalise."
This is not a negative connotation CNN tries to add to the readers view of Scalise, but another piece of information about him.

You don't like CNN, and that is nothing new. But you are trying to paint CNN as a permanent "look-downer" on REPs. I disagree, this article seems to me (having known nothing about Scalise before) balanced with care.

+3 more 
link   
Woke up to this terrible news!

Every night and day on MSM, you have media pundits lying and frenetically spewing hate against our President and Party.

You have celebrities holding up the bloody decapitated head of our President.

Nightly on TV, you have so-called comedians saying vulgar and violent things about our President, and telling people lies about Rep. motives and platform, and policy....bold face lies being told to the American people.

You have celebrities and others talking about burning down the White House.

This is a daily and nightly thing in the media. The hate against the winners of the last election has reached foaming-at-the-mouth anger for the losers.

I have said it many times on this board.....there is a mental psychosis taking hold of many on the far left and a thought disorder seems to be evolving right in front of our eyes, along with a deep hate that is becoming almost maniacal.

The man that did this may be nuts, but to ask if you are R or D before shooting, has taken it to a new level. We are becoming so divided that the nut jobs are now taking up arms?

edit on 14-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
Just hearing about this, was it an attack on republicans?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: kosmicjack

Regardless, we have nothing to suggest, as of yet, that Scalise was a specific target.

Although, it's interesting that the gunman would start shooting at the one person on the field who brought his own security team.

That is because that security detail around only one man singled him out as the most important Republican on the field. The shooter asked if they were Dem or Rep earlier at the field.

This is a clear political attack motivated by the far Left. Only difference between this and the organized attacks by political operatives at Trump rallies is the gun.

This was the third highest ranking Congress member, you can bet everyone in Congress is going to go full ape# over this and demand investigations upon investigations, appropriate massive funding for security from now on and a real hunt can start for the perpetrators not some fake witch hunt looking for Russia under Trump's mattress.

Rand Paul said that the security detail were not on the field - they were parked in an SUV near the field.
They responded when the shots were fired...

He was the only person who showed up with a security detail though. That would be easy to see for a Left wing operative in the third base dugout stalking his prey.

Maybe - we don;t even know if he turned up in the same car as them, though.
Lot's still to understand.

Showing up with an entourage is obvious. The shooter would have to have planned this out. They practiced there for weeks. That means planning getting the gun and ammo there beforehand, prepositioning, learning the timing. Some random nut walking around with a rifle stumbling upon a group of Congressmen practicing ball is not a likely scenario.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

5 shot... Scalise, one staffer and 3 law enforcement I believe.
No fatalities as the security detail managed to pin the shooter down as Congressmen took cover.
Some reports that the shooter was targeting Republicans.

Not much known about the shooter.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No fatalities as the security detail managed to pin the shooter down as Congressmen took cover.

thanks

15-50 shots?

he must have been a bad shooter

link   

originally posted by: veracity
Just hearing about this, was it an attack on republicans?

Looks that way, but not confirmed.

link   

originally posted by: veracity

thanks

15-50 shots?

he must have been a bad shooter

At least 50 shots according to Rand Paul.

I think most of the shots may have been the cross fire between security and the shooter, taking cover and pinning each other down.
I did hear on FOX that the first shot that made the Congressmen run for the dug out was not at Scalise, but another Congressman...it missed.
edit on 14/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

"Sounded like a AR15"

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join