It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just read about this...not much on major outlets yet.

BREAKING: House Representative Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice, by a gunman with a rifle.

twitter.com...

Valerie Vining‏ @ValerieVining 26m26 minutes ago More Rifle attack at a GOP baseball practice. 50 shots fired.At least 5 people shot. More coming up @realtalk995

twitter.com...

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides were shot at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday, Fox News confirmed. The shots were reported on East Monroe Street in Del Ray, Alexandria police said on Twitter at 7:30 a.m. The location was near a YMCA.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 6/14/2017 by shawmanfromny because: added info

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is so jacked up. No words. This country is #ing devolving.

Confirmed via MSNBC/CNN

Anywhere from fifteen to fifty shots fired. Scalise, an aide and two Capitol Police Officers.

Steve Scalise, House Majority Whip

edit on 6/14/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So far no news if he is alive or dead.

Interesting to note that he is a Trump supporter, from what i can tell he does not sit on any sensitive committees

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

he is a Trump supporter

For some, that is reason enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Park is guarded with armed officers during the Congressional practice at Simpson Field and the shooter still managed to attack. Dog park adjacent.

Congressional Baseball game was to be held tomorrow at the Nationals Field, this was a practice.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree. This country is so divided now and will soon reach a breaking point I'm afraid. They say everything eventually repeats itself. For the sake of my children and the future of our country, I hope this doesn't escalate into another civil war.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Scalise shot in leg. Aid also shot.
Gunman dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Scalise in stable condition after being shot in the hip. One to two Capitol police officers also shot. Scene secured.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Gunman was said to have a long rifle. Sniper?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Long rifle or long gun can refer to a wide variety of firearms.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Fox is saying shooter was shot and apprehended - not dead.

ETA: Shot by security detail who himself was shot
edit on 14-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Long rifle or long gun can refer to a wide variety of firearms.

True.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have heard as many as five shot and being treated at a hospital. And conflicting reports of gunman shot or captured. This via the radio.

Bad situation. I blame media hysterics that pushed this individual.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Rep Ron Desantis is saying someone walked up to them at the basbeall field and asked if they were Republicans or Democrats.

Obviously this man is angry with the Republican party.
edit on 14-6-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

he is a Trump supporter

For some, that is reason enough.

Who exactly is it reason enough for?
Deranged Leftists?
edit on 14-6-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

link   
gunman taken down by a member of security detail...whom was also wounded.

link   
Rand Paul on MSNBC right now giving a harrowing account. Wow.

Paraphrasing Pauls account as aired live :

Members of Congress and staffers sitting targets on the baseball field itself, surrounded by fence. Paul was int he batting cage. Scalise shot and tried to crawl away as best he could but was pinned down on the field. One staffer scaled a 20 foot fence to go hide. Heard fifty or sixty shots. One shot then a rapid succession of shots. Sounded like an AR-15. Coming from the outfield around the third base line. People pinned down in dugout and also behind out building. Shots hitting the dirt around people laying low on the field.

If Scalise wouldn't have been there, Capitol Police wouldn't have been there. Scalise being there saved other peoples lives. Otherwise it would have been a massacre. One Capitol Police Officer was still protecting the scene even though he was shot. Fellow Congressmen put tourniquet on Scalise.

They have been practicing at that field for two months for the game. Just Republicans at this practice.

Will post video of account when it posts to the web.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
shooter seen behind third base with a rifle.
Scalise behind second base in outfield.
edit on 14-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Rep Ron Desantis is saying someone walked up to them at the basbeall field and asked if they were Republicans or Democrats.

Obviously this man is angry with the Republican party.

Yep - just heard that too.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Is there any word as to motivation?

It does not seem as if anyone had a reason to shoot this particular individual, or his aide. I could understand it if someone was pot shotting Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, or The President himself, because all of these people have made very justly angry enemies over the years. Sessions tried like stink to suppress the civil rights movement, Pence is a homophobic piece of dirt, and Trump pisses just about everyone he ever did business with, right off.

But this fellow... I know of no particular thing which would invite the necessary ire for someone to shoot him with a rifle in such a manner. Anyone have any idea what might have motivated this, beyond the casual assumptions and weak tribalism people usually blame for this sort of activity (despite simplistic explanations of complex problems being invariably inaccurate)?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join