It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Anti-Terrorism Conference Opens In Riyadh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The four-day Counter-Terrorism International Conference opened today in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Delegations from over 50 coutries are attending, including 15 from the Arab countries. Crown Prince Abdullah delivered the opening address.

www.cbc.ca
In his opening remarks, the Saudi Crown Prince tried to play down western suspicions that his country is the chief exporter of terrorism.

Prince Abdullah said the fight against terror can be linked to the fight against arms smuggling, drug trafficking and money laundering.

He called for countries worldwide to create an international anti-terrorism centre that would allow for a greater exchange of information.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think it is a really good idea for countries to get together and come up with new strategies on how to fight terrorism on an international basis. What I do have to question is the location of the conference. Why would anyone choose Saudi Arabia for an anti-terrorism conference?

Related News Links:
saudiembassy.net
saudiembassy.net

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
What I do have to question is the location of the conference. Why would anyone choose Saudi Arabia for an anti-terrorism conference?

Perhaps because the links between US and the Saud Royal family, and Saudi Arabia after has been involved on financing terrorism, and let's not forget 9/11 operatives, most of them were Saudi nationals.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps because the links between US and the Saud Royal family, and Saudi Arabia after has been involved on financing terrorism, and let's not forget 9/11 operatives, most of them were Saudi nationals.

Exactly my point. Can you think of a less appropriate place to hold this conference? How ridiculous is this?

Who's bright idea was it to gather all the anti-terrorist experts together in one of the easiest places for the terrorists to blow them all up?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Perhaps public opinion will play a role on having talks in Riyadh, to show that after all is not hard feelings between US and Saudi Arabia.

People in America will go humm.......they are fighting terrorism.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You could be right on that one.

I just finished reading a news article on Condi's trip to Europe, where she was quite harsh on Russia, and indicated that many of the coments in the State of the Union Address were addressed at Russia, not Saudi Arabia. It had this statement in it regarding the State of the Union Address:

Rice said the United States had made its concerns clear to Russia even before that speech Jan. 20, and she reaffirmed that the address was not intended to represent a dramatic change in policy toward allies such as Saudi Arabia.

cbc

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It looks like Miss Condi is preaching democracy in the wrong places, she should be in Saudi Arabia doing the preaching not Russia.

So if Russia decided to do their own thing and laugh to Miss Condi's words what Bush is going to do invade Russia?

I don't think Russia cares very much about what Miss Condi has to said.

Now, how about Saudi move to democracy?

The Saud Royal Family has to much involved in the US and the US on the Saud Royal Family.

new topics

top topics

join