It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Call me a conspiracy theorist .

Given a choice between stupidity and conspiracy - chose stupidity

What you have is situation where company installing insulation picked the cheapest - saved whooping L2 per square

Installed them badly well leaving gaps between walls and insulation panels allowing fire to spread both horizontal
and vertical. Add in refrigerator maker whose models have a distressing habit of catching fire ... Again picking the
cheapest.....

London Fire Brigade, one of the best in world, did not have a chance of putting out fire

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Have any of you seen the Facebook rumours about D notices being slapped on the reporting of casualty numbers?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Have any of you seen the Facebook rumours about D notices being slapped on the reporting of casualty numbers?

I have seen a few.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: 23432

Call me a conspiracy theorist .

Given a choice between stupidity and conspiracy - chose stupidity

What you have is situation where company installing insulation picked the cheapest - saved whooping L2 per square

Installed them badly well leaving gaps between walls and insulation panels allowing fire to spread both horizontal
and vertical. Add in refrigerator maker whose models have a distressing habit of catching fire ... Again picking the
cheapest.....

London Fire Brigade, one of the best in world, did not have a chance of putting out fire

You are basically saying sh1t will always rise to top as it did in this occasion too .

I agree .

Consider the covert operations to advance a cause ; in this case de-stabilising a government while simultaneously attacking the same governments interest in ME which is worth a cool 8 trillion dollars.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, those rumours are bull5#17. "D-Notices" have an almost mythical status in the UK and every dimbo likes to stir up intrigue by mentioning them. You can read about what they really are, and how they are really used, on the D-Notice Committee's top-secret website, which is only available to anyone who can use the internet.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

From what my Mrs tells me, the rumors started over a fireman not being able to give casualty info to some people.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is a link to an interview with Philip Hammond. Where he BRAGS that the conservatives should be PROUD in getting rid of health and safety regulations. The makers of the cladding said that it should not be used on buildings over 10 meters tall. In fact the cladding is banned in Germany and the USA. Its also banned in the UK. But if the Tories can make a few quid then who cares about them being banned or dangerous.

www.independent.co.uk... acebook-post

He was also on the mars show this morning and could not remember how he voted on the motion to make all homes safe for human habitation. Of course Mars reminded him that he voted against the bill. Well seeing that he is a rich land lord he just wants more money regardless if its made at our expense. How were these snakes allowed to vote on this bill if they are landlords? There were about 60 MPs who voted against it. No doubt they were also landlords. Conflict of interests?

edit on 18-6-2017 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Conflict of interests?

In my view, a big yes.

Hopefully everyone who lives in a similar building like the Grenfell tower will be rehoused untill these buildings are meeting the required safety standards.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, those rumours are bull5#17. "D-Notices" have an almost mythical status in the UK and every dimbo likes to stir up intrigue by mentioning them. You can read about what they really are, and how they are really used, on the D-Notice Committee's top-secret website, which is only available to anyone who can use the internet.

I've been following the link to "Agenda" from all the MSM. They all show the same 5 notices with a page last updated January this year. Your link states 14th Aug 2013. I'm sure there is some mistake somewhere... *raises eyebrows*

One other thing that seems to be slipping under the radar is the fact that people are being rehoused, up to over 200 miles away.
If victims do not take up these offers, they are being told that they are making themselves intentionally homeless. This is an outrage after the trauma they have been through.

Oh yeah, if you make yourself "intentionally homeless" you give up all benefit entitlements.

Seems a bit convenient that the victims have been "diasporated". Very difficult to organise a unified protest when you're scattered to the four winds...

Shameful.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nirgal

Your link states 14th Aug 2013. I'm sure there is some mistake somewhere... *raises eyebrows*

Those are the five standing D-Notices, as in they are in permanent effect.

There are very obvious reasons why the D-Notice committee does not publish a description of each new D-Notice it issues, if you think about it for a moment or two.

The point of the link was to show that D-Notices only concern matters of 'core national security'. It's a committee run by the military, with defence matters in mind. The site explicitly states that D-Notices are not issued to save politicians from embarrassment, or to cover up administrative scandals.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I tend to agree with you, it just seems odd that two links yeild two differing "last updated" messages, both of which are at least four months old. Of course if my TFH was really tight I might suggest that a D-Notice was not required if MSM was tacitly colluding...

That said I think the bigger scandal is the one I highlighted above. Whilst I appreciate that social housing is not always readily available in the immediate vicinity, if these residents are being coerced, with the threat of benefit withdrawal, to relocate permanently it does seems just a bit TOO convenient if you want your little problem to slip away without a fight...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This just keeps getting uglier and uglier as the days go on. So if these people did have jobs they are now just suppose to commute 200 miles a day to work back and forth?

I'm guessing not all of them are being pushed 200 miles away but stillyou are correct, even a handful is shameful after what they have been through indeed.

The whole situation just stinks on so many different levels.

Are other city people outraged about this or just more the ones that are more personally involved? I mean is it still something being talked about non stop or is it already starting to slip into past of thought and carry on?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

Are other city people outraged about this or just more the ones that are more personally involved? I mean is it still something being talked about non stop or is it already starting to slip into past of thought and carry on?

Attention will now move to a retalitatory attack on Muslims in North London last night. Grenfell is completely off the media radar this morning.

You could almost say the timing is perfect...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yes, the timing is almost uncanny isn't it. Why is it so obvious to us? Sigh...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Bull cookies papers & news still full of stories re tower.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is an interesting short video clip Just published on the BBC news page.
Sorry cannot embed but will provide the link.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now I used to be a Firefighter here in the UK and was hoping for a view from first attendance but this take is well into the
incident. I have looked around for first pictures but non from 1AM arrival seem to be available ?
I look for I would like to find out with hindsight whether I will whisper " The job was lost " Meaning was it possible it could have been caught before it took off ? I do not know but in time we may well find out.. Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

From what I recall the firefighters where there quickly enough, at least it didn't seem to of taking them an unusual amount of time. Pretty sure it is stated somewhere back earlier in the thread.
These guys in the video though, they sound basically defeated before they even got there. I can't say as I blame them either looking at it the way they were. Very brave guys to be looking at something like that and still heading towards it to go into it.

There was another video from that same page of some pictures from the inside of some people's homes that did get out. Just really mind boggling to put into context really.

Inside Tower Photos

edit on 6/19/17 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Bull cookies papers & news still full of stories re tower.

Yup, the Standard still had a lot today. Same with the Guardian and also the Mail.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
This is an interesting short video clip Just published on the BBC news page.
Sorry cannot embed but will provide the link.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now I used to be a Firefighter here in the UK and was hoping for a view from first attendance but this take is well into the
incident. I have looked around for first pictures but non from 1AM arrival seem to be available ?
I look for I would like to find out with hindsight whether I will whisper " The job was lost " Meaning was it possible it could have been caught before it took off ? I do not know but in time we may well find out.. Peace.

As a reply to myself I have just watched a Panorama program with much more detail I will post if it appears online.
( Usually appears on you tube after a week )
The original fire it was stated was extinguished from inside it was put out. The problem was it was still raging under the cladding outside and spreading faster than it could be tackled. Sorry if anyone was offended by my earlier posting..
Lets hope it cannot be repeated.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
...Added elsewhere..
edit on 20-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join