It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now... there was no Russian collusion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I disagree. The Monica Lewinsky/Clinton scandal was the biggest waste. I do think that the unbridled attacks on Trump will run a higher bill by the end of his administration tho.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don't think you are alone in your opinion.

I think we are hearing Democrats scolding their fellows that are pushing for impeachment because they know that they have played the Russian angle for all it is worth.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If that were the deal, then why didn't Trump drop sanctions?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

Really I think the repeal 100bajillion Obamacare votes they knew were getting vetoed.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

If that were the deal, then why didn't Trump drop sanctions?

Yet...

And mike Flynn was fired specifically because he got caught saying trump would drop sanctions..

Out of all the conspiracy theories in circulation very few have this neat and clean of a quid pro quo trail.

Trump obviously has already gotten paid with the leak and mike Flynn was caught saying trump would pay them back!

That is a good way to know though...

If trump never drops sanctions.. maybe even increases them and either Russia doesn't move on its neighbors or they do and trump goes to war. Then hypothetically the theory will be busted..will be busted to me. ..

Would you make the same deal in reverse???

If trump drops sanctions then let's Russia take Ukraine would that make you a believer?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think my main take away from all of this is the covert amalgamation of Russian interference & Russian collusion.
They took one, created another, and all of a sudden we have this sh*t show that is infesting ATS.

I'm pretty bored of it all to be honest.

Think I'll go and read about Area 51 for a bit.

Exactly. At least we have proof positive that Area 51 exists.

I'm taking a break too from political threads.

edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 13 Jun 2017 18:30:24 -05006pmTuesdayth06pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The "non-fictitious" scrawls of collusion are morphing into fictional works of art!

LOL

edit on 13-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Flynn wasn't fired because he told Kislyak Trump would drop sanctions.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The real shock and awe will happen when this flips on it's ear and the massive Podesta brothers' connections to Russia and the money that changed hands in Hillary's campaign thanks to that connection becomes a discussion point for the committee.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sure glad the U.S. has never been involved in such shenanigans.

From todays LA Times:

The U.S. has a long history of attempting to influence presidential elections in other countries – it’s done so as many as 81 times between 1946 and 2000, according to a database amassed by political scientist Dov Levin of Carnegie Mellon University.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

well Chuckles, even though you cheapened your work by the news reference, it's good to see you thinking logically, and not just through partisan rose colored glasses. Trump will do many dumb things in his term, I'll call that one right here and now, and I didn't even watch the news today. But if those who continue to look for tiny scabs to pick at would just let things be for a tiny bit, one of two things will happen. Either things will start to get done, or Trump will do something radically stupid on his own and everyone will have President Pence. I hope for the first option. (and please note, my use of the word 'hope' in no way means I am forcing anyone to accept my desires.)

Good to see you aren't afraid to be ridiculed by the leftovers.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good to see you aren't afraid to be ridiculed by the leftovers.

Well it wouldn't be proper of me to focus all my attention on silly right wing narratives.

This site is about denying ignorance as far as I'm concerned.
So that's how I will continue forth.

P.S: the news reference was just a little joke for myself to enjoy.
& honestly I wish I could have those 40mins back now.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I think it's unlikely that Trump personally colluded with Russia and I've said so on numerous occassions going back months. I wouldn't be so quick to say the same for Carter Page or Paul Manafort but there again, that could go either way.

The reason for the shift in *apparent* focus has a lot to do with Trump's behavior and the actions of the administration. I think part of it is wishful thinking on the part of Democrats and also there is a desire by Trumpologists to move the goal posts to "collusion" because the original position — no Russian interference — has been discounted by anyone who matters except Trump himself.

Specifically, I would point to his many statements, the collusion that sure as hell seems to have happened — with Devin Nunes — to derail the House Intel Committee investigation and of course, the firing of Comey.

My personal theory has been that Trump himself isn't sure that *nobody* in his orbit colluded with the Russians. He admitted as much to Comey. Somehow this is being pointed to as "vindication" of Trump's repeated efforts to kill the very legitimate investigation into Russian interference.

Firing Comey! Overall, we will probably never know why Comey was fired. So far, we have a lot of conjecture about it... But it could just as easily be Trump's ego coming into play.

We have Trump's own statements to Lester Holt. We have Trump's alleged statements to Russian diplomats. I think it's pretty obvious that the firing stemmed from Comey not playing ball.

Sessions avoiding questions!

There are a few important questions that he's going to refuse to answer that merit some action to compel him to do so. One of these is whether or not Donald Trump solicited the "recommendation" from AG Sessions and Deputy AG Rosenstein. A follow up to that would be, what was the explanation given for soliciting it.

Firing Mueller?

It won't happen. I think it's f'ing bizarre that Newt Gingrich is beating the drum for that and some Trump supporters think that he should. It would be political suicide.

What is President Trump hiding?

Trump is hiding a lot. Is he hiding anything related to Russian interference? I personally doubt it, at least not directly. That doesn't mean that his shenanigans aren't indirectly providing cover for somebody who might be.

A gigantic waste of time, getting in the way of some real needed legislation. At best, Russia found a couple of useful idiots in the administration.

It's probably not getting in the way of any legislation unfortunately. The GOP can pass anything they want as long as their own party members are on board. Given that they're agenda seems to be the exact same agenda since the early 80's, I don't think we're missing anything that is "needed."

It's not a gigantic waste of time at all. It's just that the constant efforts to thwart the important investigation into Russian meddling in the US election have unfortuntely shifted the focus to "collusion."
edit on 2017-6-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lots of shifting sands in your post - understandable given your year long narrative has been destroyed.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lots of shifting sands in your post - understandable given your year long narrative has been destroyed.

But...but...Trump bad...Russian collusion....No proof, but rinse and repeat.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Amazing these people are not more embarrassed and ashamed at themselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Actually to be fair to ante he has stuck to his guns since the beginning.
Regarding Page & Manafort, and they're the useful idiots I referred to in the OP.

I don't ever recall ante saying Trump colluded with Russia.

Let's not take attitudes from other threads into this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The real shock and awe will happen when this flips on it's ear and the massive Podesta brothers' connections to Russia and the money that changed hands in Hillary's campaign thanks to that connection becomes a discussion point for the committee.

A real omega moment... when a real scam and
players get exposed... by the crew doing the REAL
Skullbuggery. And by THEIR lapdog media?
Pour me one a doze too, Bird bud.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

These are the same people who swore no way Trump would beat Hillary for POTUS. They're still butt-hurt from that. They think if they throw enough anti-Trump garbage, something's bound to eventually stick. That way they'll find some small vindication from calling the election completely wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

These are the same people who swore no way Trump would beat Hillary for POTUS. They're still butt-hurt from that. They think if they throw enough anti-Trump garbage, something's bound to eventually stick. That way they'll find some small vindication from calling the election completely wrong.

Spot on. Always good to get straight to the heart of the matter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join