It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats battle behind the scenes over impeachment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dumb-Bell Democrats fighting among themselves about how to "handle" Trump.

Some think this "Impeachment" thing is going to hurt Democrats next year in the elections.

Democrats need to come to their collective senses or it's curtains for the Party.

And after today's Senate hearing, Democrats need to get some collective psycho-therapy too.

House Democrats battle behind the scenes over impeachment

The weekly meeting of House Democrats on Tuesday erupted over stark disagreements about how the party should fight President Trump.

Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.), a leadership ally, stood during the Democrats’ closed-door caucus meeting to denounce Rep. Brad Sherman’s (D-Calif.) impeachment push as a selfish maneuver that could hurt fellow Democrats and candidates at home, according to a source in the room.

There must be ”a discussion within the caucus — in a public forum — before we do something that would position our colleagues or our future colleagues,” Capuano said, according to the source.

"Emotions are high. These issues have political implications and government ones."

Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), the minority whip, also took issue with Sherman’s tactics on Tuesday after the meeting.

“We believe strongly that a discussion about impeachment is not timely,” he said.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All 5 demo craps?
Who cares

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

"Someone in the room"
"sources say"

I thought we were past posting "news" like this here on ats?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I forget, why is Trump being impeached this week?

Is it still, like Maxine Waters said, because Trump got Campaign slogans from the Russians?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I forget, why is Trump being impeached this week?

Is it still, like Maxine Waters said, because Trump got Campaign slogans from the Russians?

Russians !!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats need to come to their collective senses or it's curtains for the Party.

Hopefully in that vacuum new parties can arise to challenge the ages old two party strangulation.

But I'm not holding my breath usually the dominate party fumbles at some point then people vote in the other party until they fumble. Rinse brainwash and repeat.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

"Someone in the room"
"sources say"

I thought we were past posting "news" like this here on ats?

Sorry, here is a couple of NAMED people that were in the room stating this.

Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), the minority whip, also took issue with Sherman’s tactics on Tuesday after the meeting. “We believe strongly that a discussion about impeachment is not timely,” he said.

Sherman told The Hill that he spoke with Capuano afterward to emphasize that he wasn't moving forward with a floor vote on impeachment without input from Democratic leaders and colleagues.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Democrats are in a tough position.

They moderate and they lose their base. They impeach, and they lose most everyone else.

Their base alone isn't enough anymore, but their base can't tolerate anyone else as part of the party.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They moderate and they lose their base. They impeach, and they lose most everyone else.

Their base alone isn't enough anymore, but their base can't tolerate anyone else as part of the party.

Thats why the main stream media is so important to them. They NEED the MSM to convince enough people that Trump is a Russian spy, or else they are stuck.

Thats the real election collusion.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thats why the main stream media is so important to them. They NEED the MSM to convince enough people that Trump is a Russian spy, or else they are stuck.

Thats the real election collusion.

That is more than election collusion... it is treason.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Not much hope of that anytime soon after the Sh!t show Gary Johnson and Jill Stein put on last year.

Those two morons set Third parties back ten years. Pissed me off!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Not much hope of that anytime soon after the Sh!t show Gary Johnson and Jill Stein put on last year.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I WANTED to like them, but they were so horrific in their own right that I didn't find voting for them any more palatable than the usual suspects. Honestly, Trump was less of a jack ass than Johnson.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I voted for GJ not for him but in the hope that the Libertarian Party got the percentage it needed to help them be competitive against the dems and reps.

honestly I didn't like him nor did I see him realistically winning but I hopped that the party could make some strides alas that did not play out.

But I still could not see myself going for Trump or Hillary this is the first election I considered opting out of. Though it was interesting to see Trump win. I don't like him personally but it is still interesting to see the hard left freak out and all the chaos and craziness that's happening since he is president.

Hillary as far as I am concerned would have been suck city at least the circus with Trump is interesting.

Either Choice I personally felt screwed.
edit on 13-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If 2018 goes down like I think it will, you might actually get your wish in that a third party -- almost certainly the Libertarians, will reach a certain parity with the Democrat Party going into 2020. Left-of-center voters will have nowhere else to go.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Gary Johnson was on purpose.

Hey! Let's nominate a libertarian who is only libertarian on drugs and is progressive on everything else! That'll do it!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

If 2018 goes down like I think it will, you might actually get your wish in that a third party -- almost certainly the Libertarians, will reach a certain parity with the Democrat Party going into 2020. Left-of-center voters will have nowhere else to go.

Well it seems the dems are imploding with there own stupidity and they don't have the sense to pull their party together. I would think they would sit back and realize that trump won because they were pushing a dead horse like hillary and most people were fed up with the progressive agenda and identity politics they have been hyping. I use to vote democrat but the last year or so I have been red pilling a bit I didn't go full red pill and vote Trump but I went enough to to know I'm completely done with the democrats and their BS.

I can't see the US as being a one party system of republican it has traditionally had at least two rival parties so if the dems go down this road of self destruction you might be right that in 2018 we will see a new party rise to to Rival the Republicans.

I really wish the Libertarian party could get more legitimate because I think that if people could understand a lot of their platforms they would identify more with them then say republicans who get mixed up with evangelicals and social conservatives.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The moron Democrats truly believe that they can get votes impeaching Trump or at least trying, because let face it, the Russian affair collusion has hit a death end, then is not enough votes for impeachment and no bases for impeachment either.

They are becoming desperate or they are desperate, people knows now what kind of trash they are and the people in the nation doesn't mean a darn thing to them.

The liberal media is the only thing they have right now to keep the agenda alive.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Impeachment is just stupid.

Strategically speaking I think Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he picked Pence as VP.

If anyone tried to impeach him they would end up with Pence who is even more conservative then Trump.

We are stuck with Trump for this term at least and provided that the Dems don't come up with another strategy or a rising rival party rises and fills the void maybe another term as well.

I just hope he doesn't get involved in a war and he get get Sessions to chill out on MJ then I guess I can tolerate him.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thank God we have a strong military to keep the enemies at Bay because our entire political structure is full of whackadoo's.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Thank God we have a strong military to keep the enemies at Bay because our entire political structure is full of whackadoo's.

And another example of Trump knowing what he was doing selecting senior general officers in his administration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join