It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Stakes Position Against Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's the same show and dance every election cycle folks - wake up!

The yin and yang of politics. Rinse brainwash and repeat.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the truth of the matter is that this is THE most important issue our nation faces in terms of how it effects each citizen's daily lives and how profoundly detrimental criminal charges are to your health.

This is far more important and impacting than any of the gibberish on TV news like Russia or NK nukes or whatever.

The drug war is destroying the lives of millions of people not only in the USA but in Central and South American nations as well, and our policies on it are the foundation, the fundamental cause of this entire paradigm. We created the cartels, we turned a blind eye to the murders, kidnappings, and corruption. Our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, and our sons and daughters are being put into prison and enslaved over possession of a stupid plant?

This is insanity.

We need to legalize all drugs now and begin treating drug addiction as a psychological, physiological, and sociological problem rather than a "Criminal" problem.

This is exactly like making alcohol illegal. This IS Prohibition.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Ron Paul was the real deal.

A man with integrity that sticks to their principals is rarity in the lying cut throat blackmailing backstabbing world of politics I really wish there were more people like him in the political game that tried to play it with integrity even if it didn't make them popular.

It's We the People's fault. 100%.

These lying scumbags represent us and our will.
And we apathetically allow it.

Who better to represent a corrupt, hypocritical nation of liars and cowards than none other than corrupt hypocritical lying cowards???

We have the Power to change this.
But we have to kick the MSM and all the small minded thinking first.
We must be educated and wise and capable of reasoning.

That's why our schools are such a failure (on purpose).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How does someone possessing a plant violate my rights?
It doesn't! Therefore it is legitimately within his rightful Liberty to do so.
The "law" criminalizing him for his valid Liberty is the will of Tyrants.

Thank you RP for pushing the Truth.

Although I personally do not consume any drugs aside of coffee and tobacco, I am terrified at the future where perhaps even my luxuries are at stake. Yes, there already is a vast amount of people who think they know better than me and ought to have the power to ban my tobacco and even *gasp* my coffee.

The tyrants are the enemy of Freedom and must be rooted out and ostracized. And at this point we are swimming in an ocean of them and their mindless supporters.

And not only that, but me or my children could become victims of the cartels murderous ways, of random gang violence, etc. We need to pull this weed out by it's roots before it's too late (pun intended) and legalize everything especially marijuana.

Mandela ain't dead, he's alive inside of me and the Hearts of all Liberty loving peoples everywhere.
How's that for an Effect?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Screw the feds. My state happily allows my friends to go into a store, and buy weed, and smoke it at home. That's their state rights. Why the hell do we even have a united states of america if our federal government just wants to divide, and undermine it's people. Weed is positive, and should be happily accepted along side alchohol, and tobacco for legal use. what a stupid debate. If this cant happen then you know what? Ban all 3 and lets just go to war, then after the people win we can get rid of big pharma, and the corrupt politicians.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. There is a good reason China declared war on Britain for importing opium.

I've been smoking it for over 40 years and never once hallucinated. You probably dropped some acid before you smoked.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ron Paul was the real deal.

In the end, I guess we deserve this garbage since we allowed the establishment to get away with this. He beat Romney but the RNC did a Bern on him before Bernie even got Bernt by Hillary.

Let's see some leaks about that fiasco!

The heads of the RNC did everything they could to block RP from becoming the winner that he truly was. They aren't any different than the DNC.

Ron Paul was also a military-isolationist. He didn't believe there was any benefit to going to war with two sovereign nations that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.

That kind of attitude doesn't bode well with the American Warhawks who cry out for more interventionism under the siren song of security and peace.

There's a reason why Ron Paul wasn't called a "Washington outsider," or "anti-establishment," on major network cable "news networks," like Trump was.

Ron Paul had an absolute media blackout (which, if TPTB had wanted, would've done the same to Trump).

I'm pretty jaded and cynical, but Ron Paul was a breath of fresh air in a decaying society.

It's too bad the American people wanted more of Obama.

ETA: not to mention the hemp industry.

More times than not, those I see peddling propoganda about cannabis (causes lung cancer, it's a hallucinogenic drug, it destroys cities) are the same ones who are entirely ignorant about the hemp industry.

Not to mention the human body has more receptors for cannabis than anything else.

There's a reason why the federal government wants to keep it illegal, and it has absolutely nothing to do with public safety (if it did, alcohol would've been outlawed loooooong ago).
edit on 13-6-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
How can we call for a national referendum on this matter? Petition the White House and get a 100,000 signatures? Call our representatives and have them on it?

I think this nation deserves to vote and decide ourselves what we want to do with marijuana.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I make my own laws.
Screw the feds.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
How can we call for a national referendum on this matter? Petition the White House and get a 100,000 signatures? Call our representatives and have them on it?

I think this nation deserves to vote and decide ourselves what we want to do with marijuana.

Seriously? Are you being serious? Here's Trump who is so obsessed with polls he can hardly think about anything else INTENTIONALLY allowing HIS Atty General and Deputy Atty General to make public anti-weed, anti-voter sentiment statements and basically declare war on States' Rights. And you honestly think they give a crap about a referendum? We've already had a referendum. Google any poll you want. The People have spoken and the Trump Regime has basically told us to go copulate ourselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Republicans, if you want to sink your political party and hand everything back over to the democrats, this is exactly how you go about it..

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
States rights and more freedom under the Trump Republicans.....

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein: “From a legal and scientific perspective, marijuana is an unlawful drug.”

Emphasis mine, same source and oh for god's sake! This guy clearly knows nothing about science, and he is obviously toeing the party line... NOTHING is legal or illegal from a scientific perspective! Science properly applied does not care about laws made up by (more or less) humans.

And here I had been thinking maybe this guy doesn't have his head firmly up his ass, but I see now he does. Pandering fool.
edit on 14-6-2017 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Replace 'used' with 'applied'

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Republicans, if you want to sink your political party and hand everything back over to the democrats, this is exactly how you go about it..

I am not trying to throw a bone to the republicans I have equal disdain for both the parties but the dems could have done a lot more for the decriminalization of cannabis instead of stalling on the issue and then latter allowing for a bonehead like sessions to come along a set progress back.
edit on 14-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Ain't about could've, would've, should've... You have an Administration that is flipping the bird to The People. This poll out just this morning:

Do you support AG Jeff Sessions’ push to enforce federal pot laws in states that have legalized it?

32% Yes
61% No
7% I'm not sure

Total responses: 414,745 votes

Should the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes be legal?

85% Yes
11% No
4% I'm not sure

Total responses: 242,468 votes

edit on 15-6-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: underwerks

I am not trying to throw a bone to the republicans I have equal disdain for both the parties but the dems could have done a lot more for the decriminalization of cannabis instead of stalling on the issue and then latter allowing for a bonehead like sessions to come along a set progress back.

If the democrats had federally legalized cannabis, they wouldn't have it to hold over the republicans heads anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join