It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Stakes Position Against Marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
All I know is that after years of being the black sheep in the family due to my relationship wth the herb, my mom finally admitted she was duped her whole life , and wants a medical card.

Given our history, this is YUGE!

Yet I'm afraid this bastard and sessions will take it all away from us.

Was not worried until about last week... now it's been on my mind all day.

Finally, people are waking up and catching on to its true potential .. and here we go.

Would be a damn shame .

I will admit , it is a stark reminder to be sympathetic to everyone's issues... first they came for the immigrants , then they came for the cannabis.. sort of thing...

Being a white male trump hasn't worried me. Until now.

Kinda lame, But true.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. There is a good reason China declared war on Britain for importing opium.

Don't expect to have much credibility the next time you post anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I know it just a shame that your pissed at me and the millions whom voted for Trump. I'm more focused on really important issues at the gate. I did not put weed on the top of the list...we have much bigger problems. This is still a grass roots issue...no pun....You can still get your weed under the radar, but the bigger things have no alternative. If a cow farts in the city it has to be Trumps fault. We have him for 4 years, you have to deal with that on your terms, so roll a fattie and dream of utopia, but it is not on earth....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cmon (wo)man, this is an essential human right it should be damn close to the top.

If you disagree, than you probbaly haven't done ANY research in the last 15 years.

You are right. There are many more important issues.

So leave us alone and move on.

a reply to: teslahowitzer

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

So leave us alone and move on......wow.....if you read my posts....I believe weed should be legal, period. But because we have different list, this makes me the enemy... You have strange ways of identifying your adversaries...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Nah you are not my adversary, but you did come off as pretty indifferent, and hardly sympathetic to "the cause"...

Sorry if I misread. Doesn't have to be on top of your list.

If you believe it should be legal, Iv no qualms.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just want to reiterate that this is not just about wanting to legally roll a "fatty." Patients(many children), opioid addicts, vets with PTSD are part of the issue, as is hemp legalization and a burgeoning industry for jobs and state income.(could be federal income too if they would just accept it.) Times are tough and I have seen here in Oregon the jobs become available as well as state budget relief/surplus,60 million in taxes. 1 billion in sales for Colorado and 200 million in tax revenue.

There is more to lose than gain with Rosenstein's stance and again I suspect the "follow the money" adage would reveal conflicting interests between shareholders of pharma and private prison co's. The people want it, it generates huge money/jobs for states and it brings relief to tens of thousands of suffering patients.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If republicans want a really short stay in office, this is how to do it. Off the top of my head i think i read that around 85% of americans support medical marijuana and now 60% support full legalization. It is literally the only issue that a true majority of americans agree on.

And what happened to all the republican states rights folks?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's not about weed! You don't get that? It's about the people in power having NO concern about or regard for the will of The People. Or about States' Rights. It doesn't matter if it's weed, guns, privacy, whatever. THEY know what's best and THAY are going to do what THEY want and what benefits THEIR vested interests. Wake up man.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Once again the government have proven themselves as liars.

This is about Greed!

The Feds do not like competition, when they are the ones selling it all over the world. Corruption on the highest level of our government and abusing their powers to control a substance that has many scientific, curing properties, for all kinds of illness.

The lie told by our government that there is no scientific accepted medical use for it.

This lie is no different than the great big fat lie told by the NIST Report, that there was no eyewitness accounts of explosion in the WTC.

I just love how the elite love to play on our intelligent, as if all of society have IQ's below 70.

Thanks to the corrupt lying government, there will always be a huge black market, and ongoing territory wars across the country.

No different than the alcohol prohibition 1920.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: jtma508
Once again, thanks Trump supporters... Make America a Police State Again. This is on you.

Jesus Christ...Like Hillary was going to legalize it? Get real man.
I like a little herb just like the next guy but you are deluding yourself if you think this is something that is gonna happen if someone else was in there.
So quit crying about Trump and keep smoking your sh*t, like you have always done.

What does Hillary have to do with this thread?

Bahahahah, yeah, get real, man, oh, okay, bahahahaha!!

Weed is a hallucinogenic drug, it's destroyed cities, and we shouldn't hold Trump and his administration accountable because Hillary wouldn't have legalized it, either.

Derp derp derp good to know reefer madness propoganda still exists live and well derp

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
If republicans want a really short stay in office, this is how to do it. Off the top of my head i think i read that around 85% of americans support medical marijuana and now 60% support full legalization. It is literally the only issue that a true majority of americans agree on.

And what happened to all the republican states rights folks?

They fell in with the "small-government but we need to invade Syria, Iran, and North Korea for our safety," crowd.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Smoking anything damages your lungs and causes cancer.

The issue isn't the medical benefits, it's the most common application(Flower and a bowl) is harmful to popularize. Lung Cancer is ALREADY the most common cancer because of Cigarettes, and lying to millions of people that this won't increase that(CURE it even) is wrong. It will absolutely increase risk, and while I disagree MMJ is a "Gateway Drug" the connection to Cigarettes holds true also, people that smoke weed are more likely to eventually smoke Cigarettes.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You can cry if you want to about your weed, but at this point, we have much more important issues to worry about, don't ya think?

I agree, maybe Trump and his team didn't get the memo though.
edit on 6/13/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: waftist

Ya know, I love my herb! But considering the state of our nation? I really could give a damn! I live in a state where it is still illegal to even have it in my possession, and yet it has never stopped me from using it!

Now for those of us living in reality? I think this is the least of our worries as a country who has been taken over by corrupt politicians and the banking cartel!

You can cry if you want to about your weed, but at this point, we have much more important issues to worry about, don't ya think?

If there is a connection that can be shown between filling for profit private prisons and relying on cannabis users being arrested and then used as a labor force in these private prisons then I kind of see it as a big deal.

Trump should tell sessions and others to back off if he knows whats good for him and wants to keep any libertarian or states rights creds.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Utter bullocks!

Where do you live?

Hangout in a medical or recreational state ... most mj users are health conscious hippies .. if they could cut out comustable forms they would but guess what? Other forms are super expensive .. hmm.. what could help Change that?

Deny ignorance.

a reply to: Mordekaiser

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul was the real deal.

In the end, I guess we deserve this garbage since we allowed the establishment to get away with this. He beat Romney but the RNC did a Bern on him before Bernie even got Bernt by Hillary.

Let's see some leaks about that fiasco!

The heads of the RNC did everything they could to block RP from becoming the winner that he truly was. They aren't any different than the DNC.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It was because RP was a pro-legalization anti-war Republican.
Aka a guy that used his brain and didn't bow to party politricking.

It's the same show and dance every election cycle folks - wake up!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. There is a good reason China declared war on Britain for importing opium.

Oh yea, opium, weed, the same thing. Kinda like alcohol and gasoline are the same thing. Where did you go to school for the love of God. Are you just trolling or are you really this uninformed?

You bring up a further point US drug policy is very stuck in political policy and not in science.

Drugs cover many different compounds that have many different physiological effects many drugs that are legally prescribed are many times more harmful then cannabis yet doctors deal them out like hustlers for big pharma.

I would go so far to say the worst drug dealers right now are big pharma. The convoluted drug policy is so frustrating.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Ron Paul was the real deal.

A man with integrity that sticks to their principals is rarity in the lying cut throat blackmailing backstabbing world of politics I really wish there were more people like him in the political game that tried to play it with integrity even if it didn't make them popular.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join