It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Stakes Position Against Marijuana

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein: “From a legal and scientific perspective, marijuana is an unlawful drug.”

Rosenstein’s testimony is especially relevant given the revelation that Sessions has requested congressional leaders to undo federal medical marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, specifically an amendment contained within the federal spending bill.

Well here we go, another step towards creating havoc with established state laws and patients of medical cannabis. Rosenstein's attitude is so antiquated it seems absurd in today's landscape.

"It's properly scheduled under Schedule I," Rosenstein said in his appearance before both the House and Senate appropriations committees

"Properly" eh? According to who? Private prison benefactors, pharmaceutical giants, politicians out of touch with citizen's stances?

Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski used part of her time to ask about marijuana, and the tension between federal law, under which cannabis is illegal, and states like Alaska which have legalized recreational as well as medical marijuana. Rosenstein’s response: “We do have a conflict between federal law and the law in some states. It’s a difficult issue for parents like me, who have to provide guidance to our kids… I’ve talked to Chuck Rosenberg, the administrator of the DEA and we follow the law and the science. And from a legal and scientific perspective, marijuana is an unlawful drug. It’s properly scheduled under Schedule I. And therefore we have this conflict.”

"Provide guidance to our kids?" Does that include the kids that are sick and benefit from cannabis too? If he cares about children, can't he extend that compassion to sick kids too?

He continued, “The question of whether it’s legal under federal law is resolved because Congress has passed a law — it’s illegal. Scientists have found that there’s no accepted medical use for it. Cole made an effort to examine the issue and find a way forward for the department where we could continue with our obligation to enforce federal law and minimize the intrusion on states that were attempting to follow a different path.”

Source

"Scientists have found that there’s no accepted medical use for it." What a blatant, absurd and insulting lie!!
Let's review:
1) Our own government provides medical marijuana. Source
2) Pharma companies provide cannabis medicine by way of Sativex, Marinal,Cesamet and Dronobinal. Interesting story with Marinal and how the manufactured was able to get their drug rescheduled to class 2 or 3.
3) DHS applied for patent for medical marijuana in the 90's. source
4) Thousands of people, kids particularly have benefited from cannabis oil. Source? Just google it, there is a plethora of evidence
5) The gov has allowed testing of cannabis as medicine with Marinal and Cesamet, which are synthetic derivatives. Source

So this, as many here know is just sad and insulting to a movement that is approved by the majority of people in our country. These people that are blinded by their own moral stance(or conflict of interest with pharma stock investments)to accept any medicinal benefit from cannabis, and/or respect state laws are doing an injustice to patients, business people and revenue for states...BIG revenue.
This whole scheduling debacle is just ridiculous and I hope we can continue with common sense approaches that benefits the majority and not the minority.

States rights anyone?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

one step forward...... ten steps back.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ya know, I love my herb! But considering the state of our nation? I really could give a damn! I live in a state where it is still illegal to even have it in my possession, and yet it has never stopped me from using it!

Now for those of us living in reality? I think this is the least of our worries as a country who has been taken over by corrupt politicians and the banking cartel!

You can cry if you want to about your weed, but at this point, we have much more important issues to worry about, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Fackan a man this blows

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Fire them, get rid of these dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ya know, I love my herb! But considering the state of our nation? I really could give a damn! I live in a state where it is still illegal to even have it in my possession, and yet it has never stopped me from using it!

Now for those of us living in reality? I think this is the least of our worries as a country who has been taken over by corrupt politicians and the banking cartel!

You can cry if you want to about your weed, but at this point, we have much more important issues to worry about, don't ya think?

No this drug war has destroyed millions of lives and ruined entire cities.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I hear ya but when you consider the patients that benefit, including children, cancer patients, opioid addicts and vets with PTSD, coupled with the industrial/jobs and state income benefits, it weighs heavy imo.
edit on 2pmf30441030 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The benefits of cannabis is no longer a grey area. I have seen the difference in people myself..Pain, suffering, and some symptoms disappear. On big pharma meds, I saw many side effects, and more meds to counter those and so on. This is just big pharma not accepting any competition even at the expense of the end user, not their problem if something is better than their meds. Personally, I think it should be legal, but lobbyist will play the gateway card every time....it's not about you getting better....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
See how this works? The majority of Americans support legalization --- not just medical, recreational --- many states have already passed such laws. But you vote-in people that couldn't give a rat's ass what The People want. It's all about their prejudices, ignorance and arrogance --- oh, and of course, the fact that they're nothing more than bitches for all the people who make bank with the War on Drugs.

Once again, thanks Trump supporters... Make America a Police State Again. This is on you.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

I hear ya but when you consider that patients that benefit, including children, cancer patients, opioid addicts and vets with PTSD, coupled with the industrial/jobs and state income benefits, it weighs heavy imo.

Oh I am not discounting that! However many don't think about those who control our food and many other aspects of how our government has turned us into serfs rather than a government who should FEAR the people it represents?

When will people get as pissed at the war on weed and take a gander at the Federal Reserve Bank? That's all I am trying to say! Sure, it might be easier to watch the world burn if you are stoned, but I prefer to try to stay alive?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Once again, thanks Trump supporters... Make America a Police State Again. This is on you.

Jesus Christ...Like Hillary was going to legalize it? Get real man.
I like a little herb just like the next guy but you are deluding yourself if you think this is something that is gonna happen if someone else was in there.
So quit crying about Trump and keep smoking your sh*t, like you have always done.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You and yours keep a mindless stance that all Trump supporters follow lock step on every single micro issue. This is FAR from the truth, which is a fleeting glimpse of real facts that some of the left have long abandoned. In the important major issues, mostly some agree with...but not on every issue. Hey there are many things that are not right IMHO, but that was just 100% incorrect.......

link   
More of Trumps war on States Rights. Nobody should be surprised, private prisons helped get him elected.

Business as usual...Corporatracy ala Trump styled trickle down economics.

edit on 13-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. There is a good reason China declared war on Britain for importing opium.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Ok, what, just what the heck was that???

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is a hallucinogen.

Are you joking ?

That's a strong breathed lie and the truth ain't in it...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer
You voted-in someone that you really knew nothing about. Drain the swamp, help the middle class, all marketing BS. And you fell for it. And yea, I'm not, nor was I ever, a Hillary supporter but I very, very seriously doubt she would have put people in place that would start a new drug war. Trump appointed these people. He knows what they're looking to do. You all bought a pig-in-a-poke and it's coming back to bite you on your collective ass. Don't try and spin this with a 'but Hillary' argument. This is real. This is happening and Trump is behind it. So YOU own it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Marijuana is a hallucinogen. There is a good reason China declared war on Britain for importing opium.

Obvious troll is obvious.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It is if Trump and his minions say it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh yea, opium, weed, the same thing. Kinda like alcohol and gasoline are the same thing. Where did you go to school for the love of God. Are you just trolling or are you really this uninformed?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join