It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Halts Toronto Gay Pride Parade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The SJWs eat their own. Toronto was having its gay pride parade, and they invited BLM to march. And BLM did what BLM does, and the hyjinks predictably ensued.

Those of us who think SJWs are nuts have talked a lot about intersectionality which really boils down to which victim group is more oppressed than the next, and this episode gave us a perfect opportunity to study the phenomena.

This quote is embedded in the link:

On Sunday, Black Lives Matter activists pulled off the sort of victory that right-wing hooligans could only hope to achieve: They stopped a gay pride parade.
“We are calling you out!” Alexandria Williams, co-founder of the group’s Toronto chapter, shouted through a megaphone as the Black Lives Matter float came to a halt and marchers sat down. Amid rainbow-colored smoke bombs, she accused event organizers of harboring “a historical and current culture of anti-blackness” -- a curious claim considering how the festival welcomed Black Lives Matter as “guests of honor.”

Black Lives Matter refused to budge unless pride organizers acquiesced to a list of demands, which included increased funding for black-related pride events, “prioritizing black trans women” in hiring, and “a commitment to more black deaf & hearing ASL interpreters.” Surely, these issues -- which are always “demands,” never “requests” -- could have been taken up in a constructive manner before the parade. But dialogue has never been the preferred mode of communication for Black Lives Matter, not even, apparently, in uber-polite Canada.

It took only 30 minutes for festival organizers to surrender to this bullying. Gay rights activists are adept at challenging authority. Beginning with the very act of coming out, gay liberation’s whole gestalt is defiance. That’s easy to do when it comes to a government denying you basic equality. When their interlocutors are people claiming to be more oppressed, however, gay progressives are at a loss. Out-radicalized, they’re utterly helpless.

Basically, the gays invited BLM to march in their parade. You know, oppressed victims of the world in solidarity. BLM took it as an opportunity to call out the gays for being racist against blacks, and basically staged a sit in in the middle of the parade route to make demands of the gays. The gays really had no idea how to respond to this and hilarity ensured for about 30 minutes.

Oh, and this all happened in wonderful, progressive Canada which we are often told is paradise on earth, not like nasty, racist America, which gives it all the cherry on top of the incident.

This is the crazy being unmasked.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My response would of been.

"We invited you because we know the struggle. But you either move or we call the cops. You have 5 minutes."

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Liberals are hypocrites....in other news, water is wet and the sky is blue...

To be fair, Canadians elected this guy so let's not give them too much intellectual credit...

-Chris

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Are there no LGBT people in BLM?

Or vice versa???

What a whole lot of bullsh*t.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
My response would of been.

"We invited you because we know the struggle. But you either move or we call the cops. You have 5 minutes."

But they couldn't do that! Don't you know why BLM was founded in the first place?! So insensitive ...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where the hell is Mr. Slave when you need him?

edit on 13-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes, but intersectionality says that a regular white gay person cannot possibly understand the struggle of being black and gay or black and trans, so if they do not show representation of enough POCs in their gay organizations, gay or straight, then they are being racist.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Are there no LGBT people in BLM?

Or vice versa???

What a whole lot of bullsh*t.

Well they all have likely been to prison or will go there and Ben Carson said prison turns you guy.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but intersectionality says that a regular white gay person cannot possibly understand the struggle of being black and gay or black and trans, so if they do not show representation of enough POCs in their gay organizations, gay or straight, then they are being racist.

Gay black trans?

If such a creature exits i would expect it to have a dozen reality TV shows by now or be the next democrat candidate.

If it was muslim to it would be the progressive messiah.
edit on 13-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gay black trans?

If such a creature exits i would expect it to have a dozen reality TV shows by now or be the next democrat candidate.

If it was muslim to it would be the progressive messiah.

Tucker interviewed a queer, black Muslim woman the other night. Don't ask me how that was working out for her. I made a comment to my husband about wondering if she converted to check off another box on her SJW cred sheet after she mentioned that she was a recent convert to her religion.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Crazy, I've met Ben Carson and I doubt you belong on the same planet, let alone universe as Dr Carson intellectually.....he is an academic behemoth and worthy of awe...

As to the op, I will let sheriff Clarke explain BLM...btw, so glad this guy works in the White House now...he's awesome

-Chris
edit on 13-6-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I honestly don't believe any of us who are white will fully comprehend the struggle of being black.
Apathy is definitely not the answer, and nor is white guilt or racism.

The simple question I ask myself, is would I want to be the average black person, given the current climate of society.

And from that I can honestly say, no.
I wouldn't be able to put up with things like profiling or the covert racism we see across the board.

However, BLM neither have my support, nor my derision.
They're simply a group I do not think about.

I hope they find gains for what they consider evils...
But this "everyone is racist" crap is a bain in life.

I do not think as a group they consider everyone racist.
But I'm sure certain members do, which is nothing but a hinderance to progress.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gays or Blacks. Hrmmm this will be hard for the usual haters to pick a side.

I guess just bash Canadians in general, like a certain scumbag poster above.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The simple question I ask myself, is would I want to be the average black person, given the current climate of society.

I don't even want to be the average white person given the current climate of society.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
LGBT community are not very smart....Don't they know a majority of the black community hates homosexuals....

Like inviting a wolf to the hen house...

LINK

LINK

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is a good reason to hate the identity politics of the Left. It is too damn confusing.

It is so much easier to simply treat all human beings with respect and stop with the BS.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't even want to be the average white person given the current climate of society.

Well, your exceptional wit aside mate...
I've never encountered a problem in life because of my skin colour.

I cannot say the same for my black friends.

I've even witnessed a few things that had my blood boiling.
They didn't seem to know why, because they've encountered it before they're used to it.

Me, not so much.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Can we just make this stop already. I want it to stop.

These people are kicking my ass through face palms.

Gay Canadians, remember your balls.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is a good reason to hate the identity politics of the Left. It is too damn confusing.

It is so much easier to simply treat all human beings with respect and stop with the BS.

This is a great example of right wing nonsense.

Hate the left, but treat all humans with respect, except the left.

Do you guys ever think before you speak?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I've never encountered a problem in life because of my skin colour.

That makes one of us.

Not to derail this into a bunch of personal anecdotes but my home town, Paterson, N.J., wasn't exactly Crackerville when I lived there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join