It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could have this happened for a reason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A few years back me and my brother were sitting home one summer afternoon, watching t.v. taking it easy when we were interupted from our relaxed state of mind when a mirror in my bathroom exploded... a large mirror too... looked like someone threw a baseball at it, do mirriors break for a reason? or what could have happened?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Mirrors are thourougly used in the occult and satanic practices ? perhaps thats not much help though.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
glass has fairly poor thermal transfer properties. in other words, it cant deal with extreme temperature changes. the first thing that comes to mind is maybe there was some kind of wild temperature swing for whatever reason...

If you throw a mug of hot coffee onto your car windshield in the winter, the windshield will crack, and sometimes shatter. (splash the hot liquid onto it, dont throw the mug at it
.) the glass is cold, so it is contracted. the heat from the coffee makes the glass expand, but only where the coffee was splashed. The glass expands so much that it cant deal with the stresses, and cracks.

i am pretty sure the same goes for hot to cold also. for instance taking a glass, and heating it in boiling water, and then immediatly submerging it into ice water. i am fairly sure your glass will crack..

i dont know how much this helps though...

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Demonic Aura]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Glass may also crack if it is very securely affixed to a surface that moves or shifts. For example, a mirror glued to a wall (instead of held in place with screws or mirror hangers) may crack as the house settles and the wall shifts. This may occur over time; as the wall settles and slowly shifts, the ever increasing force on the unmoving mirror may eventually result in the mirror cracking. Although, I have to say that I never heard of a mirror exploding because of this, though.

top topics

join