It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: Jeff Sessions Testimony on Russia & President Trump Before Senate 6/13/17 2:30pm est.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So, did we learn anything new?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Democrat Members of the Committee:

Mark Warner, Virginia, Vice Chairman
Dianne Feinstein, California, Former Chairwoman
Ron Wyden, Oregon
Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
Angus King, Maine
Joe Manchin, West Virginia
Kamala Harris, California
Jack Reed, Rhode Island
Chuck Schumer, New York

Flood the lines and call for them to be voted OUT !!

Total embarrassment to Humanity today.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Warner:

But Russians !!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
So, did we learn anything new?

We have to wait for comments from Nancy Pelosi.

link   

Ron Wyden, Oregon
Angus King, Maine
Jack Reed, Rhode Island
Chuck Schumer, New York

Great idea! They are wasting our money.

link   
Just went to Google news to see the updates about today's hearing, nothing about Sessions is showing up in the top stories for me. Anyone else notice this?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One thing that did stick out to me was the firmness with which Sessions said, "those that have been leaking are going to wish they hadn't!" (paraphrasing).

So, that investigation is in the works. That's good to know.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's because they are still trying to spin this somehow.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Schumer?

Did I miss Chuck or was he absent?

link   

originally posted by: imitator

Warner:

But Russians !!

Warner has taken the lead - tied with Harris - as the biggest idiot and most disingenuous fool in Washington.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Just went to Google news to see the updates about today's hearing, nothing about Sessions is showing up in the top stories for me. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed it is getting harder and harder to get certain specific information from Google. I don't know what they are up to. I have had to switch search engines many times to find particular articles on specific subjects.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

One thing that did stick out to me was the firmness with which Sessions said, "those that have been leaking are going to wish they hadn't!" (paraphrasing).

So, that investigation is in the works. That's good to know.

Yes - I heard that and he included members of Congress.
Someone on the Senate Intelligence Committee leaked and we need to know who, because they need to be prosecuted.

edit on 13/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My take-away:

Sessions effectively defended himself well in setting the record straight. The attack from the Democrats and MSM will concern his refusal to divulge private conversations with the President before the President has the choice to invoke Executive Privilege... which is, of course, reasonable, but will the average person understand that?

Sessions is obviously getting angry at the continual innuendo. Did anyone else notice when he took notes? It appeared to me he did so immediately following attempts at innuendo. Is he taking names?

He testified about Comey's compliant that Comey never brought up what was talked about, only a situation that is only inappropriate based on inappropriate discussions. That tells me Comey either didn't think the conversation went to inappropriateness (but he testified he felt it was inappropriate) or Comey didn't WANT to divulge the substance of the conversation that bothered him. If the latter, that begs the question of why he then went through the trouble of taking a memo that he wasn't willing to share with those he wanted to help ensure no future inappropriate conversation.

Either Comey purgered himself, or he was building a case against the administration a'la J. Edgar Hoover. I believe the latter, and that all this desperation is the result of the DoJ now having access to the dirt Comey and his predecessors have been building on DC politicians for decades.

To answer an earlier question, why would Comey leak his memos? Because that was his unofficial job: to leak dirt on politicians who bucked the system. The memos were all he had, because they were still on his laptop. That also explains Sessions' note-taking... names to investigate first against that database.

I saw desperate, no, fanatical attempts to catch Sessions in something, anything, true or not, that would allow his removal. I believe that attempt failed, although I am sure the MSM will get as much mileage out of this hearing as possible using the "Executive Privilege" argument. I am more convinced the house of cards in DC is falling than I was 4 hours ago.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Warner being dishonest again, Trump has acknowledged Russia tried to interfere with the election. He calls the "Trump-Russia collusion" false narrative "a witch hunt" and "fake news". And he knows that. Misleading the viewer again.

They're ignorant. They can't seem to separate the two "Russia" issues. The collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia is settled....NO COLLUSION.

However, the general interference by Russia in cyber security and other IT infrastructure matters is important, but totally separate. The Dems continue to beat the dead horse of Trump campaign collusion.

No, they are not ignorant - they are deliberately conflating the two. If you take away the supposed collusion what is the grand Russian conspiracy about?

Essentially it is just the Wikileaks releases - even if you believe Russia is behind them - which I don't (His name was Seth Rich).

The highlights of the Wikileaks consist of:

A. Rigging of the DNC primary for Hillary.
B. Hillary's own campaign staff dislikes her.
C. That the Clinton foundation is a tool to bribe her and her campaign including Chelsea was well aware of it, and in Chelsea's case she even got her wedding paid for with it.
D. That Hillary constantly lied on the campaign trail about her real positions on the big banks etc.
E. That her own staff thought the email server was going to sink her campaign, and vague evidence of the cover up.
F. Evidence of open collusion of the media with the Clinton campaign to openly act as their propaganda wing.

But very few people actually ever read these emails and they were barely reported on in the news at all- so their actual effect was significantly lower in affecting the election than it actually should have been.

Basically they don't want to focus on the hacking, because it shows the type of Candidate the DNC was actively backing, and even rigging the primarys for. The Wikileaks made clear who Hillary Clinton is - A power hungry corrupt detestable disgrace of a human.

It's no wonder they want to try and make it all about collusion.

edit on 13-6-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ron Wyden, Oregon
Angus King, Maine
Jack Reed, Rhode Island
Chuck Schumer, New York

Lol, should have known Harris was from Kaifornistan...obviously a product of their public education system...as in doesn't understand clear and plain ENGLISH!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I have noticed it is getting harder and harder to get certain specific information from Google. I don't know what they are up to. I have had to switch search engines many times to find particular articles on specific subjects.

I have noticed the same thing and have had to switched as well to find certain things that don't fit the 'google' narrative.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: xuenchen

Schumer?

Did I miss Chuck or was he absent?

Schumer is not on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Here is the website for that committee:
www.intelligence.senate.gov...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I know the Russians interfered, because mainstream media said so!

Safety pin anyone?
edit on 13-6-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
My take-away:

Sessions effectively defended himself well in setting the record straight. The attack from the Democrats and MSM will concern his refusal to divulge private conversations with the President before the President has the choice to invoke Executive Privilege... which is, of course, reasonable, but will the average person understand that?

Sessions is obviously getting angry at the continual innuendo. Did anyone else notice when he took notes? It appeared to me he did so immediately following attempts at innuendo. Is he taking names?

He testified about Comey's compliant that Comey never brought up what was talked about, only a situation that is only inappropriate based on inappropriate discussions. That tells me Comey either didn't think the conversation went to inappropriateness (but he testified he felt it was inappropriate) or Comey didn't WANT to divulge the substance of the conversation that bothered him. If the latter, that begs the question of why he then went through the trouble of taking a memo that he wasn't willing to share with those he wanted to help ensure no future inappropriate conversation.

Either Comey purgered himself, or he was building a case against the administration a'la J. Edgar Hoover. I believe the latter, and that all this desperation is the result of the DoJ now having access to the dirt Comey and his predecessors have been building on DC politicians for decades.

To answer an earlier question, why would Comey leak his memos? Because that was his unofficial job: to leak dirt on politicians who bucked the system. The memos were all he had, because they were still on his laptop. That also explains Sessions' note-taking... names to investigate first against that database.

I saw desperate, no, fanatical attempts to catch Sessions in something, anything, true or not, that would allow his removal. I believe that attempt failed, although I am sure the MSM will get as much mileage out of this hearing as possible using the "Executive Privilege" argument. I am more convinced the house of cards in DC is falling than I was 4 hours ago.

TheRedneck

I did notice his note taking.

Importantly Sessions said that Comey's testimony under oath about his conversation with Sessions was incorrect and not just that, he has a witness to that conversation.

He also wrote directly to Comey to tell him and his investigative team NOT to update or communicate details of the investigation to him OR anyone in his office. This is important because Comey laced his testimony with innuendo and failed to mention important facts. Comey's statement that people in the FBI were urging Sessions to stay clear makes no sense in light of this email to Comey... and Sessions has produced the specific email and showed it today in the hearing - (no secret memo's... it was right there).

These are two more examples of lies/misleading testimony by Comey. I hope they are preparing to throw the book at him.
edit on 13/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

That makes better sense.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join