It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters told no filming interviews in US Capitol Halls without Permission

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: dragonridr

I think times have changed the press used to show respect for elected officials. But as we can see journalists now just attacks there victim I mean source.

I have yet to see or hear about a politician being manhandled, shoved or punched by a reporter.

No, they're just scared of being held accountable for what they say (or don't say)...and scared of being "shot."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seagull

For all the allegations of fake news and media lies... you would think there'd be some libel suits. Yet there's not. The anonymous sources keep turning out to be factual.

And with out the media, especially what with the means and speed of transmitting information (and video) in this age, many things wold have happened and would likely gone under the radar.

The media is an asset to the public.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seagull

For all the allegations of fake news and media lies... you would think there'd be some libel suits. Yet there's not. The anonymous sources keep turning out to be factual.

They have been wrong a lot.

Answering a question about the Times article during an appearance before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Mr. Comey said that “in the main, it was not true.”

www.nytimes.com...

Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey and that the president acted only on his recommendation, said the person close to the White House, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

www.washingtonpost.com... 849a004_story.html?utm_term=.9868774046fd

Rosenstein was asked by a Sinclair Broadcast Group reporter whether he threatened to quit.
"No," Rosenstein said, adding he is "not quitting."

www.cnn.com...

They are wrong all the time.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Really? I would love to see your list of actual anonymous sources brought to light that had any verifiable truths....I will not hold my breath.....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think times have changed the press used to show respect for elected officials. But as we can see journalists now just attacks there victim I mean source.

I have yet to see or hear about a politician being manhandled, shoved or punched by a reporter.

That's assault we are talking about respect. They used to respect the office they hold and treat them accordingly. Look at Trump for an example they don't treat him with any respect. Yet he is the leader of the free world. You can hate him you can even disagree with him but calling him names isn't needed.

The press believe they can scream and yell at someone and chase them to get answers. The press used to show more decorum.
edit on 6/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer

Really? I would love to see your list of actual anonymous sources brought to light that had any verifiable truths....I will not hold my breath.....

True seems like most were wrong even Comey pointed that out

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The point is, we've actually seen reporters and camera folk threatened and assaulted. We haven't seen any congressional lawmakers assaulted by the press.

insider.foxnews.com...
www.kiwiblog.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, not quitting is not the same as no I didn't threaten to quit.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Reporters told no filming interviews in US Capitol Halls without Permission

It doesn't matter. The leaks aren't going to stop, the gov. staff want their 15 min. and they will just conduct the interview on the sidewalk.

Just more control freakieness from the Trump WH. You can't stop the leaks anymore...technology and smart phones changed everything.

You can be recorded and videoed from a shirt pocket or purse....believe me. Those big JVCs and mic on boompoles are just for show.
edit on 13-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

They've also turned out to be nothing more than moon-shine.

I've no idea what the ratio of right to wrong is. Far too close to even, I'm sure...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The point is, we've actually seen reporters and camera folk threatened and assaulted. We haven't seen any congressional lawmakers assaulted by the press.

insider.foxnews.com...
www.kiwiblog.co.nz...

Your awfully one sided yes being rude an intimidating by reporters causes problems. We can keep playing this back and forth all day. Doesn't change the fact the press has lost all manners. Meaning restrictions are starting to be placed where before wasn't needed. Just a couple of years ago the press would show respect to govt officials. Now it's OK to demoralize them for a story.

www.google.com...[editby ]edit on 6/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Just because you have freedom of speech does not mean you can yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

No, because that is not protected speech.

The press is still free and there are many ways any reporter can have access to legislators without laying traps in the pubic hallways that endanger the rest of us.

But, that generally is protected, being in a public hallway in a public building waiting to get videos, audio, or commentary from a public servant in the course of one's duties.

It's a mad house

It is, it's generally always been that way, especially when it involves big or controversial legislation, and...it's freedom of the press and protected.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Hmm.

Yea, Bob Casey, one of worst pieces of Progressive filth to ever represent the state of Pennsylvania! But go on with your BS!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just a few years ago we didn't have a president who declared the press "enemies of the American people"! It's more important today than ever before that the freedom of the press is not abridged!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Liquesence
Hmm.

Yea, Bob Casey, one of worst pieces of Progressive filth to ever represent the state of Pennsylvania! But go on with your BS!

Thank you for that very intelligent contribution to the discussion.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Just a few years ago we didn't have a president who declared the press "enemies of the American people"! It's more important today than ever before that the freedom of the press is not abridged!

James Rosen Disagrees with You

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Don't worry about it. Everyone with a smart phone is now part of the "press" Instant access to the networks and info clearing houses. Audio and video is now 4K on a damn phone. After mkt, telephoto lenses, onboard editing suites.
Instant access to the cloud streaming. Fantastic stabilization. Tiny cameras in your glasses wirelessly tethered to your phone or tablet.

These old ATS geezers don't even know what's going on. They're to busy on ATS making excuses for Trump anyway.

It's LEAK city and it's not gonna stop!!

edit on 13-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
kinda creepy its straight from the Out of the Ashes (Ashes Series # by William johnstone .
good books but not sure sure they need to be real world lol

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Everyone with a smart phone is now part of the "press" Instant access to the networks and info clearing houses.

Granted, they aren't official "press," but the interesting thing is this:

What with smartphone video technology, anyone can essentially record anything in public anywhere. This is significant because where there are no "press" "cameras" allowed (the big ones), many people have phones, with 4k video, which are allowed in those places where the press with their "cameras" aren't.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The press believe they can scream and yell at someone and chase them to get answers. The press used to show more decorum.

Not in my lifetime they didn't.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join