It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel investigating Russian interference appoints former Clinton Foundation lawyer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
After a series of lawyers who made donations to the Hillary Clinton campaign have been appointed to the Special Counsel investigation, Mueller has now gone a step further and appointed Jeannie Rhee.

In 2015, Jeannie Rhee actually represented the Clinton Foundation to block FOIA requests relating to potential ties to the Department of State and racketeering.

www.politico.com...

A federal judge has blocked a conservative activist's plans to force presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton to testify in depositions stemming from a lawsuit claiming the Clinton Foundation operated as a racketeering enterprise shaking down donors in exchange for official favors. U.S. District Court Judge Donald Middlebrooks issued an order barring legal gadfly Larry Klayman from proceeding with his plans to conduct videotaped depositions of the Clintons in Washington next week. Middlebrooks's order, signed Monday and made public Tuesday (posted here), does not offer a reason for the ruling. Lawyers for the Clintons and for the foundation have asked Middlebrooks to toss out the case and to halt discovery while he considers whether the lawsuit should be dismissed. The Clinton lawyers contend Klayman has a history of filing meritless lawsuits and that he should not be allowed to demand evidence in connection with a case that is likely to be dismissed. Klayman's lawsuit alleges that Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state interfered with responses to Freedom of Information Act requests he filed and that the Clintons used the system to obscure a scheme to demand to trade official favors for donations to the Clinton Foundation. In a filing last month, Clinton Foundation attorneys Jamie Gorelick and Jeannie Rhee called Klayman's allegations "fatuous" and legally defective. A spokesman for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign declined to comment on the decision scrubbing the planned depositions. Middlebrooks, who was appointed by Bill Clinton and sits in West Palm Beach, Fla., has not yet ruled on the motions to dismiss the case or to halt all discovery by Klayman.

I was under the impression that a Special Counsel was independent and non partisan and would do everything it could to ensure it was viewed as such. How can a lawyer that defended the Clinton campaign be chosen to participate? This seems an odd move. I don;t know whether Mueller is helping Trump by discrediting his own investigation and calling into question it's impartiality, or whether Newt Gingrich is correct and this is nothing more than a politically motivated witch hunt and set up.

Odd.

edit on 13/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was under the impression politico is fake news.

ATS thinks so, too

But I'm sure that won't stop the circle-jerk and deflection techniques.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah, that's not going to be a bias review or anything...

(opinion)
lets appoint the group of people who made up the claims in the first place to investigate them!
(/opinion)

Next thing you know we'll have a council investigating the council for corruption.
edit on 13-6-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks like they might be setting-up a "conflict of interest" psyops.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What does this investigation, on collusion within the Trump Campaign, have to do with the Clinton Foundation? How is that a conflict?

On the other hand, Mueller worked for the law firm representing Jared Kushner. Seems like it all balances out!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

ATS thinks so, too

Perhaps you have never looked in a mirror?

Anyhow, just the deep state covering the corruption that has lead the Republic to become the new Rome! The fall is coming soon!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

ATS thinks so, too

Great Link !!

Brings up a blank search box.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

ATS thinks so, too

Perhaps you have never looked in a mirror?

Anyhow, just the deep state covering the corruption that has lead the Republic to become the new Rome! The fall is coming soon!

That whole circle- _ _ _ _ thing doesn't seem to get old for the left.
I guess they must be infatuated with the word.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Now come one these people are always honest and would only tell the truth even if it means that they will get in trouble.

The Three Musketeers of Justice!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like they might be setting-up a "conflict of interest" psyops.

Potentially yes... that is one of my thoughts...
It seems incredible to pick a person who has represented Hillary Clinton's interests. If you wanted to show the American people the face of impartiality, which is vital, this is not what one would do.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

How can a lawyer that defended the Clinton campaign be chosen to participate?

Didn't just defend, also donated to:

JEANNIE RHEE (WILMERHALE/ATTORNEY), (Zip code: 20015) $2700 to HILLARY FOR AMERICA (CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM / TIMOTHY MICHAEL KAINE) on 04/23/2015

source

And not just the Clintons:

JEANNIE RHEE (WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE & DORR LL/ATTORNEY), (Zip code: 20015) $2300 to OBAMA VICTORY FUND (OBAMA, BARACK) on 09/16/2008

source

Is this the same person?

Sarah Abigail Bianchi and Grant Raymond Vinik were married last evening at the Crane Cottage, a hotel on Jekyll Island, Ga. Jeannie Rhee, a Universal Life minister, officiated.

Ms. Bianchi, 33, is keeping her name. She is an investment adviser at Eton Park Capital Management in New York. In 2003 and 2004 she was the national policy director in Senator John Kerry's presidential campaign. She had earlier been a senior health adviser to Al Gore when he was the vice president. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard.

NY Times

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What does this investigation, on collusion within the Trump Campaign, have to do with the Clinton Foundation? How is that a conflict?

On the other hand, Mueller worked for the law firm representing Jared Kushner. Seems like it all balances out!

They appear to be appointing Democrats to oversee the Democrat witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

How can a lawyer that defended the Clinton campaign be chosen to participate?

Didn't just defend, also donated to:

JEANNIE RHEE (WILMERHALE/ATTORNEY), (Zip code: 20015) $2700 to HILLARY FOR AMERICA (CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM / TIMOTHY MICHAEL KAINE) on 04/23/2015

source

And not just the Clintons:

JEANNIE RHEE (WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE & DORR LL/ATTORNEY), (Zip code: 20015) $2300 to OBAMA VICTORY FUND (OBAMA, BARACK) on 09/16/2008

source

Is this the same person?

Sarah Abigail Bianchi and Grant Raymond Vinik were married last evening at the Crane Cottage, a hotel on Jekyll Island, Ga. Jeannie Rhee, a Universal Life minister, officiated.

Ms. Bianchi, 33, is keeping her name. She is an investment adviser at Eton Park Capital Management in New York. In 2003 and 2004 she was the national policy director in Senator John Kerry's presidential campaign. She had earlier been a senior health adviser to Al Gore when he was the vice president. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard.

NY Times

Yes , a few other that have been appointed are Clinton donors also...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's important to know which piles of dirt have bodies under them so as not to be disturbed. Respect for the dead and all.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Seems to me to be bi-partisan. Would you prefer all Republicans investigating Republicans? Besides, even Donald Trump confessed to having donating to both parties. How do we know that they people haven't also donated to Republican efforts?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, I would prefer people from both parties. And I don't think someone who represented Hillary/Clinton foundation is what we need. Just like I would not want a former Trump lawyer on it.

It seems to heavily favor Dems and has people who should be nowhere near it at the top of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I would kind of prefer that the guy in charge of the whole thing not be close, personal friends with the guy whose testimony is now central to this issue. That kind of creates a bit of a stink about the idea of impartiality about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is so laughable is starting to sound like the divine Comedy of Dante.

You can picture already who will be in which level of sins punishment within the Democrats main clowns.

They are emboldened by the far right liberal media and are creating their own circle of buy outs lawyers, because that is what feeds what ever is left of their followers.

Is not Russian collusion and never was, but the moment the Democrat lynch mob have with the help of the liberal media is something they can not let go to waste, even if we know and clearly can see what their whole witch hunt is about.

The Clintons dirty money has been in about every pocket in Washington and if somebody thinks that Hillary the hag is not behind the whole anti Trump government agenda they are just in denial.

Is not longer about Russian collusion or obstruction of justice all that is not in question anymore, the big agenda is to put enough pressure on the Trump administration to make him quit, but the problem is that Trump is not a quitter

If this news are true the reality of how the former FBI Comey manage to have his friend and confidant appointed to bring down the Trump administration with Mueller, I wonder how much of the Clintons dirty money found itself in Mueller's pockets.

In the beginning I thought Mueller was a right choice but now the links and affiliations to Comey and the Clintons are starting to make him look as dirty as the whole bunch of the rest.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Mueller was the head of the FBI, while Comey was his Deputy Director, I believe. Not best buds, but working colleagues, in a professional setting.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just like I would not want a former Trump lawyer on it.

Mueller worked for the law firm that represents Jared Kushner! He had to get an ethics waiver just to do his job!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join