It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things Children Say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My 2 year old may have apraxia or he's just late to talk, (he says about 10 things no sentences, and we are waiting for approval for speech therapy which was recommended )

We co sleep. I can tell you right now if he ever at any time says no i will not kill mommy, I'm waking his ass up instantly and making him ice cream for breakfast, and then taking him to the toy store.

To hell with all that scary stuff!!! Lol! I can't wait for him to start talking more but I'm not looking forward to anything creepy.

-Alee
edit on 6/13/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

lofl, not much scares me really

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My story involves my 2 year old son. My wife was pregnant at the time with our second. We were moving from Boston back to New Jersey and we were looking at houses. We were going to meet a realitor. It was pouring rain. I could barely see out the window. Lots of glare. I didn't know where I was on the map (pre-GPS). Anyway, it's very stressful and my two year old son is crying and carrying on. Finally, I could not take it anymore and I yell out, "BE QUIET". The whole car was silent. I then said, "Daddy rules." After a few seconds my 2 year old son says with a defiant tone, "Mama". The little crap knew 3 or 4 words and pulled that joke off! We laughed pretty hard.

edit on 13-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I love "creepy things kids say" threads.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this here... but when my oldest was 3 or so he talked about remembering the time before he was born and that after you die you are with God until it's time for you to be born again as a baby. Wish I could remember the exact words... He seemed to have this intuitive sense of reincarnation. But we are Christians so we don't really talk about reincarnation - especially not to a 3-year-old. So it was surprising to hear this from him. OK... that was not so much creepy, but it was interesting.

Oh, and my middle child used to talk about her "other mommy" that would take come and take care of her at night. She would talk about her when I was tucking her in at night for bed, that after I left her "other mommy" would show up. Now that WAS creepy. I was so glad when she stopped talking about that. (I didn't actively discourage it and worked really hard to not appear creeped out ... but inside I was super creeped out!) This was probably just a preschooler's imagination, but 'yikes' anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

This thread has been around for a long time, I go back and check it once in a while for new posts -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

This thread has been around for a long time, I go back and check it once in a while for new posts -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for finding it! That is where I posted about that reincarnation conversation with my son when he was little (top of second page). I had forgotten the details of that conversation, so I'm glad that ATS has a record of it. Ha!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There is an unconfirmed story of young boy out walking down a path towards a church on the outside of a village near where I live with his mum and aunt. They had not long moved into the village and were enjoying the tranquility, when suddenly they boy stops and looks up just as they entered the churchyard.

The boy runs over to the end of the church opposite the tower and begins saying 'What have they done to the tower that used to be here?" The mother tells the boy that neither they or he have ever been here before.

" I have!" The boy replies earnestly, "Back when I was an old man I used to climb the tower and ring the bell for the others, where has my tower gone?" At this point the boy just continues to play and frolic like a normal child, and when asked about what he has just said looks confused.

Some months later an archaeological exploration of the church site begins and discovers that the church was built on the site of an old monastery, and, you guessed it, right were the little lad was standing when he made his strange claims, was found the foundational remains of a tower.

Is it true? I don't know, but it makes for a great yarn.
edit on 13-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I love "creepy things kids say" threads.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this here... but when my oldest was 3 or so he talked about remembering the time before he was born and that after you die you are with God until it's time for you to be born again as a baby. Wish I could remember the exact words... He seemed to have this intuitive sense of reincarnation. But we are Christians so we don't really talk about reincarnation - especially not to a 3-year-old. So it was surprising to hear this from him. OK... that was not so much creepy, but it was interesting.

Oh, and my middle child used to talk about her "other mommy" that would take come and take care of her at night. She would talk about her when I was tucking her in at night for bed, that after I left her "other mommy" would show up. Now that WAS creepy. I was so glad when she stopped talking about that. (I didn't actively discourage it and worked really hard to not appear creeped out ... but inside I was super creeped out!) This was probably just a preschooler's imagination, but 'yikes' anyway.

thanks for the stories, those are great and not creepy at all.

Jesus believed in a soul that never died so he believed in reincarnation. I dont know how or why (well i know why, bc it couldnt be proven) some sects of Christianity deflected reincarnation. Its talked about in the bible, there is the holy ghost...its obvious that ghosts/spirits and reincarnation was accepted by Jesus.

becoming agnostic, then reading about reincarnation has brought me back to "Christianity" or more of what Jesus taught.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I love these Creepy Kid Quotes, but I can't figure out how someone could possibly compile a list of childrens' quotes that long.

How does one catalog that many short anecdotes from that many people?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
There is an unconfirmed story of young boy out walking down a path towards a church on the outside of a village near where I live with his mum and aunt. They had not long moved into the village and were enjoying the tranquility, when suddenly they boy stops and looks up just as they entered the churchyard.

The boy runs over to the end of the church opposite the tower and begins saying 'What have they done to the tower that used to be here?" The mother tells the boy that neither they or he have ever been here before.

" I have!" The boy replies earnestly, "Back when I was an old man I used to climb the tower and ring the bell for the others, where has my tower gone?" At this point the boy just continues to play and frolic like a normal child, and when asked about what he has just said looks confused.

Some months later an archaeological exploration of the church site begins and discovers that the church was built on the site of an old monastery, and, you guessed it, right were the little lad was standing when he made his strange claims, was found the foundational remains of a tower.

Is it true? I don't know, but it makes for a great yarn.

where do you live? See, these things are just proof that reincarnation is real

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
I love these Creepy Kid Quotes, but I can't figure out how someone could possibly compile a list of childrens' quotes that long.

How does one catalog that many short anecdotes from that many people?

some websites have a large following and they send out an email or post asking for "creepy things children say"...theres lots out there.

They compile and catalogue these snipits (which could or could not be real) and post them for advertising reasons. Some other examples might be to specific vocations such as "weirdest things you ever found in a dumpster" ...from trashmen or "weirdest things you ever saw out at sea"...from fishermen, etc.
edit on 13-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When my daughter was around 2, she used to talk about seeing the "lady up high". I never could get her to explain to me who she meant, but it wasn't me or any other female relative. I asked if she knew the lady's name and she said no, but she liked the lady up high.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

My daughter saw "sparkles" around her at night. She was afraid of them. I remembered after my dad died when I was young that I was comforted at night with sparkle-like things that took shape of whatever I wanted. I would talk to them (with my mind) all night till I fell asleep.

What it was I do not know, i called it my imagination growing up. However, I tried to get her to not be scared of them, to try and catch one. From time to time I would see her grabbing at one and opening her hand after i tell her a story in the dark. I would say "is it the sparkles"..."yes".

I feel bad sort of bc I dont want to push her to "catching sparkles" of an evil entity. She doesnt seem to "like" them like i liked mine when I was little.

she is almost 6 and this does not happen as much.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I live in a rural part of Devon within the boundary of Dartmoor National Park. The incident is reported to have taken place in a place called Frithelstock some time around sometime around the late nineteen fifties.

I would certainly not discount the possibility of reincarnation. This case seems to have been some sort of temporary spiritual in habitation if genuine. Or perhaps the past life memory was always within the boy's mind and it took a visit to the site for it to be recovered.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"Daddy Daddy can I play with Grandpa?"

"NO, that's 3 times you have made me dig him up now!"

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
edit, just tmi and this would ruin my credibility of ever running for office some day if tracked back to me

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

My daughter stopped talking about the lady up high when she was around 3. Several years later (age 6), I asked her if she still saw this lady, and she had no memory of it at all. Just something in her imagination? An ability of the very young to see things that they lose as they get older? Who knows...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My daughter stopped talking about the lady up high when she was around 3. Several years later (age 6), I asked her if she still saw this lady, and she had no memory of it at all. Just something in her imagination? An ability of the very young to see things that they lose as they get older? Who knows...

I do believe that when the "soul" merges with the human brain it loses its ability to remember past lives. Children are closest to past lives and therefore have better ability to remember and even see ghosts (usually called imaginary friends).

I believe what your daughter saw was a guardian. As they age, not sure exactly why, but they do not see these things anymore. And its almost like amnesia I am noticing with my friends daughter and other stories I hear...they just forget about it all together around age 5/6.

it is comforting to know that we are being protected by a higher source.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What's creepy is that you sleep with your kid.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Our first home when we got married was built in the 1920's and we had numerous strange and unexplainable things happen there. It got to the point that my wife couldn't sleep without locking the bedroom door (footsteps in the hallway, other strange noises). We were also experiencing strange bouts of sleep paralysis, something that's never happened to me before. I leave for work in the predawn hours, and my routine involved bringing our dog (german shepard) into the bedroom and locking them in when I left. The wife had another key so she could open the door when she got up.
Well before we had kids we used to have our niece spend the night a lot. My sister-in-law was a single parent so she'd drop off her kid often, sometimes for the whole weekend or longer. When our niece stayed over it was always all three of us in the bedroom at night. She was only a baby when this started (1987) and lasted until she was 7 or 8. When I'd leave for work, I'd get Astro (the dog) and lock him in there with the both of them. Well, one evening when she was about 3 or 4 we were watching E.T. and she turned to my wife and says, "Auntie, do you remember that time we were sleeping and E.T. was at the window?" We both looked at her,puzzled. My wife says, "What?" and our niece replies, "Don't you remember? E.T. was at the window and Astro was barking with no sound coming out?" She insisted that it happened and still remembers to this day.
We moved in '95 and all the weirdness stopped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join