It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Law to make LYING on a date a CRIMINAL OFFENCE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The Australian Greens Party (far left progressive) have put forward a bill on sexual consent that proposes to jail offenders up to 12 years for false representations. This means that lying about your marital status, sexuality, political views or age on a date or online dating profile can face up to 12 years in prison.

The bill hopes to tackle the issue of "stealthing" where a man secretly removes a condom during intercourse without the consent of the sexual partner. Some feminist groups have argued that this act is performed without consent thus tantamount to rape.

'It would make most people's Tinder profile a crime,' ACT Shadow Attorney-General Jeremy Hanson told nine.com.au.

'If you were to lie about your age, or being married, or any facet of your life and they say they wouldn't have consented if they knew, that becomes a crime with the potential for a 12-year jail sentence.'

This bill is so left of field I doubt it will be passed into law. In Australia you could kill someone and maybe get 7 years but 12 years for lying on your Tinder profile is madness.

Greens Partys put forward draft bill on sexual consent

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

let me guess its mainly women that want this protection. Bet more men turn gay to avoid the head ache,

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

let me guess its mainly women that want this protection. Bet more men turn gay to avoid the head ache,

Insanity like this makes me wish "turning gay" was that easy.
Not sacks touching mustaches would be preferable to laws designed to put me in prison.

At least outside of prison that sort of thing is optional...

"Hey, what are you in for?"
"Oh, the usual... She claimed I lied when I said I was liberal, and won the case because I wasn't willing to riot over some obscure cause..."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yea those are some crazy issues...

I'm not really sure how you handle that..

I could be considered rape if you take off your condom purposefully, since maybe she would have made you stop if she knew you had.

I have heard the same when concerning people who pretend to be celebrities and such.

What if it is a post op transsexual, so you are tricked into gay sex???

But on the other hand, any law we make has to be backed by deadly force, and it is guarenteed to kill people.. so I am loath to agree with most laws. I promise people have died for no tag lite.

Imho these examples are way more "on the fence than " anytime a female is intoxicated it is rape..

Maybe it's really about society for decades pretending that anytime you sleep with some one you give them a piece of you. Where after sex your value is lowered some how, or you are permenatly changed whenever you do some one new.. which is obviously stupid..

Maybe if not for that, rape wouldn't be so damn devastating and have such potential for scarring you for life..

A bad assault and a rape are not very functionally different, but we pretend rape should some how ruin you. When it has nothing to do with you psychologically, the offender is the psyco who is ruined.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

How would you feel if you were tricked into banging a man?

Should that be illegal, or no biggie???

Way shadier than you are admitting to .

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Funny how your analogy wasn't one that would apply to you...

Should it be illegal for a man to pretend to be a woman and trick you into sex??

Would you feel raped after finding out you just slept with a man?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

F#ck me, on a first date you never see the real person, you simply meet a representation of that person.. Looks like blokes will need to bring a lawyer to overview and take minutes of these early meetings..

The absurdity is astounding, I would also point out the worst liars I have known in my life where in fact women, I also know two men who had false allegations made against them so does that mean a real chance that the justice system will prosecute these women rather than what does happen which is a slap on the wrist.. just calling for equal rights that's all.

RA

edit on 13-6-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Honesty is the best policy ...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm a female and I think it's ludicrous and offensive to put stealthing in the same basket as rape

How can anyone equate taking off a condom to be the same as being dragged into an alleyway and brutally assaulted.

Infact there was a rape case in Sydney the other week where a nightclub owners son was given a suspended sentence for the rape of a teenage virgin, and yet someone could potentially get jail for shaving a few years off their age

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

What if they would have had to rape you to have unprotected sex with you??

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

How would you feel if you were tricked into banging a man?

it is humour im using. Take it seriously if you want. like people can just turn gay.
as for banging a man, wouldn't happen. If you are weak minded to be tricked then its a lesson learnt and hopefully you grow stronger and wiser. Life is trial and error until you find the right fit.

as long as the rule applies to women having 12 years in prison for giving false information then its all good. " im on the pill, oh no I wasn't, say hello to your son". 12 years please
edit on TuesdaythkTue, 13 Jun 2017 07:03:19 -0500America/Chicago2Tuesday2017201719 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

So you would not feel raped if you were tricked into sex with a man??

Should it be illegal for a girl to poke holes in a condom to get pregnant against your will???

I'm not saying these should be criminal for sure.. just that you are only judging the best case scenerio, not the worst.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Agree with horror unto the act of rape.

It also can involve un wanted pregnancies.

Moral and Emotional turmoil ensues ...

A child born unto such a conundrum will suffer.

Bottom lines ...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What if they would have had to rape you to have unprotected sex with you??

Huh??

Kiff we've reached a conundrum
edit on 13-6-2017 by Kalixi because: correct speeling error

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What if they are post op trans, or it doesn't go to "vaginal sex" but you do everything else before finding out..

What if it ends up being public , so all your friends and gamily find out??

Not saying it should be criminal, just that it's a shadier issue than you are allowing for and you are only measuring the best case scenerio, not the worst case.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I'm not saying this is right..

Just that people are only weighing the best case scenerio, not the worst.

edit on 13-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

considering trans are .01% of the population I dotn care. Trans in my opinion is mental health issue I do not sympathise or care bout anyone who is trans. If they want to change their body fine that's their choice. but I don't confirm to how they want to be spoken to or how to be addressed.

if your born with a cock your a guy. and vise versa

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

So you would be ok with sleeping with a man then without prior knowledge ??

Coolio.. long as your consistent.
edit on 13-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Where has a trans gender issue been mentioned in the OP ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

When it says "lying about sexual orientation " .. ..

<<   2  3  4 >>

join