It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump the Rose Garden the 100% guarantee and what he really assured us of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It struck me earlier today while sifting things through in my mind and replaying all the hot topics of the week that something was amiss during the question/answer session in the Rose Garden with the Romanian President present.

A reporter, while questioning President Trump, about the testimony of James Comey "he never asked you to pledge loy...", President Trump interrupts him after which the reporter begins the question again "he never asked a pledge of loyalty from you?" to which President Trump replies "No. He never said that." Following this exchange the reporter continues on asking if President Trump would be willing to, under oath, testify to what he is claiming.

Watch this youtube video and you will see the reporter is asking a question that never was asked, implied or testified upon, and President Trump is responding to the question that was never asked, implied or testified upon and has now assured the American people that he will testify under oath to respond to a question that was never asked, implied or testified upon and finalizes it with "I never said 'under oath'"

What. The. Hell?

edit on 12-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yea, that's rather odd.

Question is wrong and the answer is assuming the question is what is isn't!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yea, that's rather odd.

LOL right?? I haven't heard one word of this anywhere and you would think the rabid media would have pounced on that.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

LOL right?? I haven't heard one word of this anywhere and you would think the rabid media would have pounced on that.

Yeah, I don't think the media understood it either. The real story here is if that reporter still has a job. I mean you are in the position to grill the Presidents of two nations . . . and that is what you come up with?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What in the hell does he think is going with that conversation?!

Do you tell him to like the color blue?
He didn't say that.
Would you say that under oath?
I hardly seen that color, why you I pledge under oath to like that color?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yea, that's rather odd.

They're pre-occupied with chasing their own tail. A tail that's shrinking as they chase it. That's what this MSM atmosphere feels like to me at this time. Total desperation, driven by fear of becoming even more obsolete.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Small peek behind the curtain.

A tear in the narrative!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Understood, the reporter never got to finish his question because Trump was correcting him on his assertions before he got to the 'question' part. If you're going to ask a question - get to the point first, then make your comments about how you interpret things.

This is Trump you're dealing with, not a textbook politician.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

lol. I think he is just playing with the media now. I wonder what the reporter thought. The reporter asked him if Comey asked for a pledge of loyalty from him. lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

edit on 13-6-2017 by Abysha because: Never mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

He meant ask comey to pledge oath not him not pledge under oath I thought. Saying he asked comey for honest loyalty maybe but not under oath did he ask Comey this.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I understand all the underlying. What I am driving at is that no one, not the media, not President Trump, no one is paying attention. Just the assumptions that everyone is acting and doing things appropriately without paying attention to the finer details.

These mistakes made "under oath" on any side of the political aisle are suicide.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

What. The. Hell?

Sounds to me that the reporter just got his question wrong - mixed up his pronouns. He meant to ask about Trump asking for loyalty from Comey, but it came out sounding like he got it turned around by accident.

As my mother used to say, 'the words got twisted around his eye tooth and he couldn't see what he was saying'.
edit on 13/6/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Words were twisted by the reporter.....but Trump knew what he really meant to say.
Trump says he doesn't know Comey well, so he wouldn't ask him to pledge his loyalty to him.
Obviously everyone knew what the reporter meant to say.
edit on 13-6-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Poor hack reporter, I never can remember his name, standing there literally shaking in his shoes because he knows he is a lying weasel and that it will be pointed out publicly. Fumbles narrative and has to sit back down in the cheap seats. Cuck News Network.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: randomthoughts12

I understand all the underlying. What I am driving at is that no one, not the media, not President Trump, no one is paying attention. Just the assumptions that everyone is acting and doing things appropriately without paying attention to the finer details.

These mistakes made "under oath" on any side of the political aisle are suicide.

Tell that to Hillary Fin Clinton and many others......ohh wait you mean suicide for other people not the liar.
edit on 13-6-2017 by randomthoughts12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Was their intent to lie though?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Was their intent to lie though?

Nah I doubt it very highly, I think it was an honest mistake to be frank. I'm more shocked that it wasn't pointed out though that a guarantee was made to testify under oath about a question that is completely wrong. In this climate of "nothingburgers" I think this fits the bill pretty well.

top topics

join