It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time I'm going on a gay date.......do I kiss him?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

Should I text him again if he's still interested or is he playing hard to get?

Straight dude here, not sure if things are different in the gay dating scene, but I wouldn't text again.

That's either someone playing games or being uninterested. In the off chance something came up, dude should text and apologize with a believable excuse. Stuff happens.

Also a chance it's a weird gamey thing to see if you're desperate or clingy. Before my time I understand people wouldn't call for three days after a date.

Don't let it sour you, sometimes people just don't click.

I think next time you go on a first date (again straight dude, so it could be different) don't worry about the kiss and just do what feels right in the moment when you finish the date. It's one of those things you really can't and shouldn't plan for. If it goes well, you'll know. If you question it, don't do it. There's always next time.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5letters
The next night I texted him saying, "Hello! How was work today?"

NO REPONSE.

Should I text him again if he's still interested or is he playing hard to get?

You should have waited the industry standard 3 days.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh boy!!! I f*cked up!! Crap!! This sucks
Yeah, I took it to heart when he didn't text back. Like, I barely know this person yet I feel heartbroken. So childish of me but I've never been rejected before lol and have been on like 3 dates in my life.

DO y'all think I should text him next week again?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5letters
Oh boy!!! I f*cked up!! Crap!! This sucks
Yeah, I took it to heart when he didn't text back. Like, I barely know this person yet I feel heartbroken. So childish of me but I've never been rejected before lol and have been on like 3 dates in my life.

DO y'all think I should text him next week again?

You didn't f*** up . You were pleased with the date and thought the feeling would be reciprocated 🤷🏻‍♀️

The guy didn't have the guts to be honest with you and that is his problem.

Guard your heart young man, and don't be so quick to give a piece of it away .

(post by randyvs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry it looks like things didn't work out

edit on 6/17/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, you get a kiss, and you get a KISS.
I'd say a peck on the cheek at the end of the evening is acceptable if you're still interested, but I wouldn't go full tongue massage on the first date.
Just be careful where - especially for same-sex dates some people are more discreet than others.

I was just reading The Four Dimensional Human: Ways of being in the digital world by Laurence Scott, about how the Internet, social media and dating sites have changed our social interactions.

In the olden days if you met someone at a club or disco, or made a date in response to a classified advert the date was usually on.
Singles who met in clubs and started making out were pretty much stuck to each other.
But now with instant hook-up sites that give the whereabouts of prospective partners in the direct geographical area, chances are 50/50 the date will actually happen, since he might have found a partner he likes more within 5 minutes of messaging you, and you could be dropped.
I don't use these sites, but it seems to be part of the game these days.

I'd move on - more fish in the ocean.
edit on 17-6-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join