It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a kakistocracy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Discovered a new term, kakistocracy.

Kakistan.

The word comes from the Greek words kakistos (κάκιστος; worst) and kratos (κράτος; rule), with a literal meaning of government by the worst people.[3] Despite its Greek roots, the word was first used in English, but has been adapted into other languages.

Anarchy is not so much the absence of government as the government of the worst—not aristocracy but kakistocracy—a state of things, which to the honor of our nature, has seldom obtained amongst men, and which perhaps was only fully exemplified during the worst times of the French revolution, when that horrid hell burnt with its most horrid flame. In such a state of things, to be accused is to be condemned—to protect the innocent is to be guilty; and what perhaps is the worst effect, even men of better nature, to whom their own deeds are abhorrent, are goaded by terror to be forward and emulous in deeds of guilt and violence.

Seems about right. This is not a hate Trump thread. I believe our entire government is run by unscrupulous people at all levels. City, state and federal. People who have no idea what they are doing who were groomed for their positions due to their party affiliation and backed by individuals with bad intentions.

Top to bottom.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Isn't this the same as mob rule?
edit on 6/12/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No, a Kakistocracy in this sense would be if the Mexican Drug Cartels were the government, or perhaps the Mafia, or even sharia law under the Islamic State.

As bad as our government may seem to you, it could still be much much worse. So, when you wake up tomorrow morning and are secure in knowing the fact that the local police are NOT going to walk into your home and rape you and the rest of your family just before having you make them breakfast and then leaving again only to repeat tomorrow, remember that things could be worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I don't what you said anywhere in the definition or etymology of the word.

I don't think we need to wait for it to get that bad before we identify it for what it is.

Nice ploy though.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

From OP's wikipedia article:

"America is moving away from the high ideals of President Kennedy's inaugural address — 'Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.' Instead we see politicians who say they love America, but hate the American government."

That describes a lot of Politicians currently.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

It's not necessary to go to the most extreme violent version of society in order to prove that the wrong people are in charge for unscrupulous reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

America is OK. It's the media that is keeping this whole pot stirred.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I don't what you said anywhere in the definition or etymology of the word.

I don't think we need to wait for it to get that bad before we identify it for what it is.

Nice ploy though.

It says governed by the worst people. I gave examples of what that would be. Currently there are a few counties in modern society that meet this definition, BUT America is not one of them. If it were, then you would see millions of Americans fleeing to Cuba and Mexico every year, not the other way around.

So if you still think that the absolute worst people are running America, then by all means . . . move to Syria, or Iran, or Cuba, or Saudi Arabia, etc . . .

Good day.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: starwarsisreal

It's not necessary to go to the most extreme violent version of society in order to prove that the wrong people are in charge for unscrupulous reasons.

Wrong people maybe, but you said worst. Obama was the wrong people, as was Bush, Clinton, and Carter . . . and yet I never left America did I? No, stayed and weathered through it; because when it comes down to it, I would still rather be here than anywhere else. Well, except maybe France. I think that one day I would like to retire to sell books on the Seine, but alas there is a 8 year waiting list for a spot.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sounds like if the SJW's were in charge.

Hillary lost.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Seems about right. This is not a hate Trump thread. I believe our entire government is run by unscrupulous people at all levels. City, state and federal. People who have no idea what they are doing who were groomed for their positions due to their party affiliation and backed by individuals with bad intentions. Top to bottom.
OP
I would say more of an oligarchy or nearing that. The people at the bottom; our neighbors, friends and family(for some) aren't the necessarily the "worst people". Change will also have to come from the bottom up as well. Granted there are some bad seeds, especially controlling parties at local levels, to keep certain ones at the top.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes to be precise a Cofefeocratic kakistocracy that generates political mutt-pit forums on the internet.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

the US is run by a Plutocracy - beholden to oil and arms/weapons

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I think, without a doubt, that what we have is more of a Caca-stocracy.

A government run by sh!ts.

But then, we elected them.

Oh, wait. That was the Electoral College that last time, wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
if you have to be able to spell it then no we dont . lol
wow i could read taht word 1000 times and still never spell it .

new topics

top topics

join