It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Fire Special Counsel Mueller

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

A conflict of interest is not the same as corruption.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

trump isn't really the target of the investigation though, the investigation is about
how russia attempted to influence the election, how successful they were, did they have the assistance of american citizens, and did anyone in the trump administration collude with them.
and, at the least, they've got flynn...
so you statement that theirs been no evidence isn't true, even the republican congress all agree that russia sees the work as being a great success, and that they will only improve their efforts and be back in 2018 playing the game again.
you can say that we play the same game against others, and you'd probably be right, but we are also dropping bombs on others also, would you take having bombs dropping on you hometown with so little concern?
it's cyber warfare, the key word being warfare, and we will lose if we don't take it seriously.

trump's biggest problem is that trump's behavior seems to be that of someone who is trying to hide something.
maybe he did collude with russia...
maybe he is trying to protect some in his administration (his son-in-law) because he's afraid they colluded.
maybe he's got a history of shady business deals with the russian mafia, laundering money, and he's afraid that the investigation will extend over into those business matters.

or maybe he's just afraid that the investigation will end up giving some the impression that he only won the election because of that russian meddling.

I don't know, but what I do know, that is more common for the investigators to uncover the coverup.... so, if it's just the last thing I listed that he is worrying about, he needs to just sit back and calm down!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

BINGO!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Or maybe he's tired of the paralyzing effect the Witch hunt has had on the spineless cowards that make up the republican party. You know, the people who are supposed to be passing legislation on his agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

trump isn't really the target of the investigation though, the investigation is about how russia attempted to influence the election, how successful they were, did they have the assistance of american citizens, and did anyone in the trump administration collude with them.

That's just one of the investigations. Comey handed his notes over to Muller and made very specific claims that will now need to be investigated. Trump is now under investigation.

edit on 13-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Also my statement of no evidence was about trump, not about anyone who was around trump. Trump encouraged comey to find those people but wanted comey to make it clear that trump himself was not under investigation or thought to have known about such collusion. Comey refused to do that.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

This creates a situation where Mueller definitely needs to recuse himself. Comey his buddy who was fired is now part of the investigation if what you're saying is true.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
The trump Russia conspiracy has been proven false and therefore a special council is not required. I'm not sure why the FBI would be investigating foreign interference anyway, that should be the prerogative of the NSA and CIA.

The FBI is investigating ties between Russians and Americans working with the Trump campaign. It has not been debunked that Trump campaign staff had contact with Russia. Therefore, this still has to do with Trump. In fact, the special counsel was created specifically to look into those ties.

Some plusses for conservatives: Comey confirmed Trump was not under investigation himself.

Some minuses: If Trump keeps firing people investigating his campaign, it is a conflict of interest. This would be the second time. The first time, with Comey, was because of the Russia investigation, according to Trump himself.

edit on 13amTue, 13 Jun 2017 08:11:01 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

all those investigations didn't seem to bother anyone in the republican party when obama was in office though...
they wanted the paralysis then!!!

planned parenthood was a repeat, same method, same accusations, same results, a decade or so ago.....
the clintons have been investigated so often by the republicans since bill was president....

if I were to put them in an order of importance....
russia meddling in our elections would be number one!!! but ya, that isn't worth the republican's time because well, ya know, they have tax breaks to pass and healthcare to take away from kids and old sick people!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This creates a situation where Mueller definitely needs to recuse himself. Comey his buddy who was fired is now part of the investigation if what you're saying is true.

That's another issue altogether and may be valid. My point is that Trump is now going to personally be under investigation.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The trump Russia conspiracy has been proven false and therefore a special council is not required.

Has it ?

Under Justice Department rules, Mr. Trump would seemingly have to order Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein to rescind department regulations protecting a special counsel from being fired for no good reason, and then to fire Mr. Mueller. If Mr. Rosenstein refused, Mr. Trump could fire him, too — a series of events that would recall the “Saturday Night Massacre” during Watergate, when President Richard M. Nixon sought to dismiss a special prosecutor, Archibald Cox.

I doubt he would want to open that can of worms.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

But for what? I mean, if trump wasn't under investigation (and we know he wasn't) how does firing comey (which he has the authority to do) result in trump being under investigation?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Or he could simply use the conflict of interest rules to fire him as referenced throughout the thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Obviously. Honestly I'm fine with the investigation but the FBI needs to come right out with a fact sheet of what's actually under investigation rather than letting leftys run wild with conspiracies that only undermine our governmental institutions. And hopefully the leaks are over as they seem to be now that comey is gone. Too much fan fiction was being written within the guise of leaks.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
and yet, he didn't really try to accuse him of obstruction, did he??
he doesn't want to accuse him of obstruction..
he tried to assure him how many times that it wasn't him specifically that was being investigated?

he just said that it was mueller's job to decide if it was or not.
mueller, who probably at least knows the kurshner's family, since he worked for the lawfirm that represents them in their legal matters. while some want to portray mueller as being such a good friend of comey, I would like to point out that the guy has a whole lawfirm full of friends who would probably be negatively affected if he actually found reasons to go after trump's son-in-law!!
so, which way will he swing???

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

it doesn't alone but...

even comey pointed to the interview of trump raising up the russia investigation when he was asked about why comey was fired saying he was just taking trump's OWN WORDS saying he thought that was why he was fired.

hopefully, now that trump has his own lawyer, who he's had a history with and seems to trust...
he will listen to his lawyer and tread more carefully.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree the kushner ties are troubling too. That's why he needs to go. This needs to just go back to the FBI as a regular investigation. It's a counter intelligence investigation when has a special counsel ever been needed on a counter Intel investigation???

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

But for what? I mean, if trump wasn't under investigation (and we know he wasn't) how does firing comey (which he has the authority to do) result in trump being under investigation?

It's the reasoning behind that firing that will most likely be the focus of the investigation. If Trump fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, as he stated, with the intent to change the course of the investigation, Trump may be in a bit of trouble.

We shall see.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

alot of the "leaks" are coming out of the white house, some things that have been printed couldn't have been known by comey!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

At this point, I'm not entirely sure which way this is going to go. It may be in the best interests for Muller to step aside, in regards to the Comey aspect, and let someone else lead that investigation.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join