It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Fire Special Counsel Mueller

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The Republicans hold the House and the Senate right now and I don't see that changing at midterms.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Bitter???? Nobody is more bitter than Trump himself! Anyone who questions Trump's policies, his character, or doesn't give him the loyalty he wants, he tweets, threatens them or fires them! Sure sounds like Trump is trying to get rid of anyone who can connect him with any political crimes. When a government leader can call all news fake and obstruct our system of checks and balances by trying to derail a government criminal investigation, than we're heading down a path of authoritarianism.

With all the accolades Trump bestowed upon Comey during his campaign, Comey is now the bad guy! You don't consider that suspect??? Lol, you Trump supporters have tunnel vision. Trump was absolutely right when he said, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." I call that blind and ignorant support.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

So much inaccuracy in a single post.

Anyone who questions Trump's policies, his character, or doesn't give him the loyalty he wants, he tweets, threatens them or fires them!

How do you explain Bannon v. Kushner? Definitely competing ideologies there. He hasn't tweeted, threatened, or fired them. Oh you're talking about comey, his testimony only cemented the fact that he needed to be fired. And oddly since his firing the leaks have almost completely ceased... hmmmm....

Sure sounds like Trump is trying to get rid of anyone who can connect him with any political crimes.

I'm not sure you understand what a political crime is.... Obama would be the one currently committing political crimes if any such crimes were being committed. (maybe you should look up what a political crime is).

When a government leader can call all news fake

He doesn't do that, but if you read fake news you would believe that's what he does.

and obstruct our system of checks and balances by trying to derail a government criminal investigation

First it has never been a government criminal investigation, it's a counterintelligence investigation. Comey has confirmed that on multiple occasions. Second, firing comey in no way obstructs justice. Further, comey testified that trump encouraged him on the Russia probe, even with people close to him.

than we're heading down a path of authoritarianism.

Yes, most authoritarians deregulate their economies and encourage investigations into their close advisors.

With all the accolades Trump bestowed upon Comey during his campaign, Comey is now the bad guy!

AFAIK trump has never said comey was a bad guy, just that he was failing as leader of the FBI (who could disagree with that?)

Trump was absolutely right when he said, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

HYPERBOLE. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

This whole dog and pony show is a waste of time and money. While all this is happening nothing is getting done for the American people. We suffer while they play in the political playground like the little brats they are.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
FACT: Robert Mueller is legally bound to recuse himself. He has a giant conflict of interest.

The law governing the special counsel (28 CFR 600.7) specifically prohibits Mueller from serving if he has a “conflict of interest.” Even the appearance of a conflict is disallowed.

The same Code of Federal Regulations defines what constitutes a conflict. That is, “a personal relationship with any person substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” (28 CFR 45.2). Comey is that person. He was substantially involved in the conversation with President Trump which may be the subject of an obstruction investigation. In fact, the former Director is the only other person involved. There were no witnesses beyond himself.

A conflict of interest is a situation in which an individual has competing interests or loyalties. Here, it sets up a clash between the special counsel’s self-interest or bias and his professional or public interest in discharging his responsibilities in a fair, objective and impartial manner. His close association with the star witness raises the likelihood of prejudice or favoritism which is anathema to the fair administration of justice.

Mueller has no choice but to disqualify himself. The law affords him no discretion because the recusal is mandatory in its language. It does not say “may” or “can” or “might”. It says the special counsel “shall” recuse himself in such instances.

While we all know what will happen, especially from the left and the media if Trump fires him...if Robert Mueller doesn't step down or end the investigation, Trump or someone else must. In fact...if he doesn't voluntarily step aside, that...to me, is all the proof I need to know that the investigation itself is a witch hunt. I would argue that there is no crime and the obstruction argument is based upon the word "hope".

hope
hōp
noun

1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

But obviously, the left won't be happy until Trump is burnt at the stake...or they at least get a large lump of flesh. The left and the media have but one goal...stop Trump and his promised changes...the ones he was elected to execute...and keep him from "Making America Great Again!".

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Outlier pointed this out earlier. I say it's all the reason needed to get rid of Mueller. At the same time, why did Rothstein pick this guy? I mean Rothstein is a Trump appointee right? I don't get it anymore than I get why Comey went public a couple days before the election with the news of the new hillary matter. DC is a strange place. In the end they all end up rich no matter what.

28 CFR 45.2, states that “no employee shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with … [a]ny person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution.”

edit on 13-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Outlier pointed this out earlier. I say it's all the reason needed to get rid of Mueller. At the same time, why did Rothstein pick this guy? I mean Rothstein is a Trump appointee right? I don't get it anymore than I get why Comey went public a couple days before the election with the news of the new hillary matter. DC is a strange place. In the end they all end up rich no matter what.

28 CFR 45.2, states that “no employee shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with … [a]ny person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution.”

Ummm...in the context of all that we now know...it's obvious why Mueller was chosen...

He was chosen for precisely the reason that he would have to fall on the sword of his own conflicted interest...and recuse himself...

This effectively shuts down the investigation...the sails all lose their wind and the opposition is cast as the fools they actually are paddling in circles...talk about the doldrums...this is high theater...

Trump and company playing GO while the opposition is still trying to figure out the rules in checkers...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The left and the media have but one goal...stop Trump and his promised changes...the ones he was elected to execute...and keep him from "Making America Great Again!".

This line brought up a contrast to the previous president that I thought I'd share. Obama was elected because he was personally likeable, not for his agenda. This is evidenced by his losing seats and governors mansions and state legislatures. He wasn't on the ballot but his agenda was and it was summarily voted out of existence. Trump on the other hand is personally unpopular, but his agenda is easy to agree with for the average american. For this reason, I won't be surprised if he picks up seats for the republican party in both chambers in 2018.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: carewemust

The only thing he's been able to do is slap his name on things.

Trump is what poor people think rich people live like.
Trump is what uneducated people think a smart person should be like.
Trump is what a weak person thinks a strong man acts like.

Finally. Somebody said it. This about sums it up.

AS far as the topic, yeah, it would be political suicide. Done and done. I don't think he will do it though, he's floating the idea to see the response to it as he often does. Sooner or later it will dawn on him how this will be perceived by the public, on both sides of the aisle. It would be a "fail" for him, and anyone else who hasn't had a lobotomy.
edit on 6/13/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

If he fires Mueller he will be impeached almost instantly. The GOP cannot afford the scandal. Even venting the idea of firing Mueller shows how easily Trump is triggered. He is a dangerous liability to the future of Conservatism.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
FACT: Robert Mueller is legally bound to recuse himself. He has a giant conflict of interest.

The law governing the special counsel (28 CFR 600.7) specifically prohibits Mueller from serving if he has a “conflict of interest.” Even the appearance of a conflict is disallowed.

The same Code of Federal Regulations defines what constitutes a conflict. That is, “a personal relationship with any person substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution” (28 CFR 45.2). Comey is that person. He was substantially involved in the conversation with President Trump which may be the subject of an obstruction investigation. In fact, the former Director is the only other person involved. There were no witnesses beyond himself.

A conflict of interest is a situation in which an individual has competing interests or loyalties. Here, it sets up a clash between the special counsel’s self-interest or bias and his professional or public interest in discharging his responsibilities in a fair, objective and impartial manner. His close association with the star witness raises the likelihood of prejudice or favoritism which is anathema to the fair administration of justice.

Mueller has no choice but to disqualify himself. The law affords him no discretion because the recusal is mandatory in its language. It does not say “may” or “can” or “might”. It says the special counsel “shall” recuse himself in such instances.

While we all know what will happen, especially from the left and the media if Trump fires him...if Robert Mueller doesn't step down or end the investigation, Trump or someone else must. In fact...if he doesn't voluntarily step aside, that...to me, is all the proof I need to know that the investigation itself is a witch hunt. I would argue that there is no crime and the obstruction argument is based upon the word "hope".

hope
hōp
noun

1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

But obviously, the left won't be happy until Trump is burnt at the stake...or they at least get a large lump of flesh. The left and the media have but one goal...stop Trump and his promised changes...the ones he was elected to execute...and keep him from "Making America Great Again!".
ttt

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Please explain how this definition excuses Trump from his countless conflicts of interest.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
for a bunch of people who love investigating planned parenthood or clinton, you's sure are on edge when the trump is in the investigators sights!!! when the audio of trump bragging about his pussy grabbing adventures came out I said that at the least it showed that he has poor judgement because he was bragging about committing a crime, providing evidence to any women who wished to exploit it to substantiate her accusations.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did try to fire the special prosecutor since he's made plenty of decisions that showed that same poor judgement.. and bear in mind, if he does end up getting impeached, it will be a result of that poor judgement that he's displayed. he needs to just sit back, and shut up, and that is the message many of his own party is telling him.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

actually, he shouldn't have been considered to begin with, since he was working at the law firm that represented the kushner family...
so, he has ties in both directions...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

He is not going to fire Mueller, as nice and interesting as this thread is, is just an opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: dawnstar

He is not going to fire Mueller, as nice and interesting as this thread is, is just an opinion.

Probably. Just more of his girlish sophomoric drama. There doesn't seem to be enough attention in this world for the poor old thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trump does need to fire him.

Comey made it clear in his Congressional testimony that he has been colluding with Mueller, and their intentions are suspect.
Comey is a very bitter man.

Also, Comey's testimony that Trump is not under investigation shows that a special counsel is not needed.

Fire them?

The need to put these A-holes in prison at the least

The damage this has done to the FBI's reputation is overwhelming, they look like a bunch of clowns because of comey and company. It will take years to restore their reputation, if it ever get restored fully.

The fact that Comey could get a $10 million dollar book deal makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well first of all, trump isn't an investigator. Second, as the leader of our country he can't have a conflict of interest with the interests of our country. It's really that simple.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Lol. You guys have lost it. This is what Nixon tried to do (did do) and we all know how that ended for him.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Riiiight. Because the GOP not being able to afford a scandal = the GOP inducing a scandal (impeachment). IF trump fires mueller and republicans keep their heads on straight, in six months there will be no scandal. Election isn't for almost 18 months. However, if they begin impeachment, that will be the end of the republican party. You know all those people that showed up to push republicans over the top in the rust belt? They don't trust the establishment and impeachment of trump will be seen as nothing more than the establishment attacking a duly elected president who isn't one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join