It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Fire Special Counsel Mueller

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree it's a type of propaganda, but I think there is more to it than that.

It's true Trump himself hasn't told anyone that, not publicly anyway. This is coming from some of his close friends. Which, as the story goes, might be saying this because Trump has something about it to them privately or perhaps just during one of his anger fits or something.

But that's not the only place this idea seems to be coming from. Big names in the Right Wing Media have also been suggesting this, like Levin and Rush.

So there is more to it than just a possible Trump anger fit and saying something which then gets repeated by someone who heard it. There seems to be some activism going on here. Almost like a shock test or something that's being tried to see what peoples reactions will be.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was planned in order to test the waters. Perhaps Trump wants to but is waiting to see how people react to the suggestion of it but he doesn't want to make it himself. So he gets someone else to mention it and depending upon how people react he can either deny it or come out later and say "Yes, I've been thinking about doing now for a while. It was all my idea."

I think there is a lot of that kind of "fishing" with different ideas going on all the time from this admin. It's a way to test out different ideas without having to commit to them or even admit that they are thinking about doing them.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It is in the news, that is why I posted that earlier, but as usual even when Trump came out and said that he is not firing Mueller, the media started to twist his words and say that he was not at this moment but that was open for the future.

The thing is that he very clearly said he is not going to fire him.

Interesting right.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Why do you think Trump lacks credibility? What specifically put him over the top in your mind? I mean everybody lies (even you, in your post!) we all know that there's not a person alive today that hasn't lied about something, that's without even getting into all the politicians (and people in DC in general) and the lies that they tell on a daily basis.

How exactly does offending our allies make someone a liar? I really don't understand this idea. Further how does having billionaires in your cabinet make you lack any credibility? I mean who is supposed to be in a cabinet is it supposed to be just random people off the road that you find but you don't know, that you don't trust? who are you supposed to put in there? A bunch of academics have never done anything in the real world in their whole life? Who exactly are the angels that are supposed to make up a cabinet that would magically give credibility where no one else could have any or objections to your credibility?

The reason I believe Trump has credibility is that he's done what no other politician in at least 30 years has done. He's gone into Washington and actually done what he promised he's pushed for all of the things he campaigned on, sure there's little things in there that maybe have fallen by the wayside but his major campaign promises have not been reneged on they have not been pushed to the back of the bus to continue the same policies that Obama had it's a whole new ball game with Trump in there. That's why, as an independent myself, I support Trump. Not Republicans not Democrats. I mean who currently is the biggest obstruction to Donald Trump's agenda it's the Republicans. The democrats can't do a damn thing about it but the Republicans are dragging their feet every opportunity they get. How's that for Party Loyalty on my part?

And for the comparisons to Nixon they're so absurdly unfounded. Nixon had piles of evidence mounting so he tried to shut the investigation down. Yet we don't see any of that with trump, in fact we're seeing just the opposite of that. If there was smoke before Nixon fired his special prosecutor there's not even a cloud in the sky being mistaken for smoke in this investigation. About the only thing that could be seen is the water vapor from all the hyperventilating Democrats over this absurd idea that Trump somehow colluded with the Russians, despite every single head of every spy agency having testified that they don't have any evidence of that. Yet the Democrats keep going on about it.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes it is. Especially if they continue with that story after he said he isn't going to fire him. At that point you have to wonder who's pushing it and why.

It could be that other Republicans who want him fired and other Right Wing Players like Levin and Rush who want him fired are pushing that idea trying to get Trump to do it.

It could also be that the Left Wing is pushing it to cause more negative press for him. However, this one doesn't explain why people close to Trump are saying it or why Right Wing Talking heads are suggesting it.

But whoever is pushing the idea is either just ignoring Trump or they are suggesting that Trump is simply lying about it. Not sure at this point what's going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Well talking into consideration how the media has been ignoring facts to push their anti Trump agenda, I am not surprised, undermining the sitting president is their sole purpose right now.

Even those that are not Republican, or do not like Trump have to see the vicious attack to this administration.

Darn I remember the attacks on Obama, it lasted for a while, but then the way to fight back was to tag anybody racist for doing so, even today the racist tagging is in full gear.

But with Trumps is beyond viciousness.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It's not just the media though. Even Newt Gingrich is saying now that Trump needs to fire Mueller. Yet less than a month ago Newt was praising Mueller as a great choice.

So there is more to it than just media. The media seems to just be pushing the story. But the suggestion isn't coming from just them. They are just pushing the idea with their own spin on it. The Right Media pushing it saying it's a good idea and the Left pushing it saying it's a bad idea.

But the idea was born somewhere else for reasons that aren't exactly clear yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Firing Mueller is not a good thing to do right now, with all the anti propaganda that came with firing Comey.

I am sure that many wants Trump to act on impulse and do it, because that is more fuel to keep the agenda going.

I am watching Hannity and Gringich right now, he does have a strong reason why Mueller should be fired.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Right. They all have a reason why they want him to do it. But like you said, not a good time to do such a thing. Also, kinda strange how they all loved the guy and now want him gone.

Also, where did Trump say he wasn't going to fire Mueller?? I can't find anything with him saying that. Apparently there are reports of Trumps lawyer who won't rule it out either. So that kind of keeps the possibility open until either one of them make an actual statement about it once and for all.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I am watching Hannity and Gringich right now, he does have a strong reason why Mueller should be fired.

What is their reasoning? Is it along the lines that Outlier lined out?

What I find very interesting is the very specific wording with respects to the Justice Department’s recusal regulation, 28 CFR 45.2, states that “no employee shall participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with … [a]ny person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution.”

This clause right here gives Trump every single right to order Sessions to fire Mueller right now because Mueller has had a 15+ year personal relationship with Comey. That is a HUGE conflict of interest considering the fact that the whole purpose of Mueller is to investigate whether Trump pressured Comey to drop the Russia investigation as well as investigate if this was why Trump fired Comey.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Right. They all have a reason why they want him to do it. But like you said, not a good time to do such a thing. Also, kinda strange how they all loved the guy and now want him gone.

Also, where did Trump say he wasn't going to fire Mueller?? I can't find anything with him saying that. Apparently there are reports of Trumps lawyer who won't rule it out either. So that kind of keeps the possibility open until either one of them make an actual statement about it once and for all.

I see what you did there.

Clever.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm looking for quotes on this and so far it seems this rumor started when one of Trump's lawyers was being interviewed by George Stephanopoulos. He declined to rule out the possibility of firing Mueller. So it seems this all started with Stephanopoulos.

abcnews.go.com...

A member of President Trump's personal legal team said he is "not going to speculate" on whether the president may order the firing of the special counsel investigating Russia's meddling in the 2016 election and its possible ties to Trump associates.

I haven't found out why he made that statement. Did something Stephanopoulos asked or said prompt that reply. I don't know yet. I'm also looking for any statement from Trump or a surrogate that says he is or isn't considering it. I'm still doing some searching and will reply with more if I find anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I read it started with a guy named Christopher Ruddy. I haven't confirmed if he is the original source for it yet though.
edit on 13-6-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

Apparently he's also the CEO of Newsmax as well. Interesting.
edit on 13-6-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow, I just realized what's going on behind the scenes with Mueller!

We know Trump isn't even implicated in any Russian collusion. He's not under investigation, and has not been charged with anything. We (those who have actually been listening, anyway) know Comey has misrepresented himself in official hearings, outstepped his bounds as FBI Director, covered for Hillary Clinton, illegally leaked FBI documents to the press anonymously without authorization, and shamelessly implicated Loretta Lynch in collusion with the Clinton campaign. We also know Mueller has been friends with him for a very long time. So I think the speculation (and it does appear to be speculation) is the result of serious concerns.

But... what if Trump has an axe over Mueller's head bigger than the possibility of firing him?

I'm talking about Comey. He just publicly admitted to the US Senate, under oath, on national TV, that he violated Federal law by leaking the memos to the press. He's done! Admitted guilt. Get the cell ready. Up to 10 years, probably more if he keeps flapping his blowhole.

But he's not been charged, although it's been a week... why?

Mueller. The only reason he has to backstab Trump is his friendship with Comey, and if Trump feels a blade Comey goes down hard! Comey's illegal activities have nothing to do with the Russia thing... his actions would be illegal if Mickey Mouse were President. James Comey is Trump's protection... now ain't that a hoot!

So yeah, keep Mueller in place. He's not going against Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

He should this whole witch hunt has gone mad and looks like Mueller is stacking his team with Democrats and Clinton Donors.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I read it started with a guy named Christopher Ruddy. I haven't confirmed if he is the original source for it yet though.

Christopher Ruddy made is comment one day after this interview.

abcnews.go.com...

The video is about 7 minutes long. At about the 2:50 ish mark Stephanopoulos asks the question that leads to the eventual remark. The next day Ruddy makes the claim that Trump is considering firing Mueller.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 13-6-2017 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Nice find. So maybe it wasn't Ruddy after all then.

What's strange is that regardless of who started the rumor, Trump and his lawyers seem to not want to stop the rumor too bad or they'd just say so.

Even Spicey said Ruddy hasn't talked to Trump directly about it but didn't say one way or the other if it was true. Just that Trump or his Lawyers would be the only one's who would actually know what Trump is planning or not.

So the originator of this rumor is still interesting for sure. But more interesting is why nobody seems to want to stop it from gaining attention.

Most everyone seems to think it's a bad idea, at least for now anyway. Yet there must be a reason to let the rumor gain speed for some reason too.

We just can't get any solid answers anymore these days.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

And also Mueller knowing this, he should have stay away from the invitation to be special counsel, but he decided to take the job, then now that Comey said he leaked information for the sole purpose to have him appointed because it is obvious that is what he wanted, he should recuse himself from the position, the conflict of interest is now a problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well Christopher Ruddy comment is no base on any talks he had with the president himself, so from where his coments come from and base on what

"Spicer issued a bizarre late night press release that a) doesn't deny my claim the President is considering firing Mueller and b) says I didn't speak to the President about the matter -- when I never claimed to have done so. Memo to Sean: focus your efforts on exposing the flim-flam Russian allegations against POTUS and highlighting his remarkable achievements! Don't waste time trying to undermine one of your few allies."

Ruddy also told CNN Spicer called him last night to ask him to issue a statement saying he didn't speak with Trump personally, but he refused. Asked to respond, Spicer said he called "and asked him to clarify that his statement was not based on any meetings or conversations with the president."

Soo how it goes from "believing" the president will fired Mueller to now full blown in the media, Trump to fired Mueller

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well, being that Ruddy is the CEO of Newsmax it very well may be that he's being pushed by others to Create this as a story. Which could be either the Far Right like Newt and Levin and Rush or some people on the Left or Both. But we know for a fact that some on the far right are for it and suggesting the idea as a good idea.

What's strange is that it seems to be getting some bad press as an idea overall from both sides and the public. Which is why it would seem that Trump or his Lawyers would speak out and put an end to it before it gets any traction. But they aren't.

So maybe they are buying time and allowing for the right wing media to keep pushing the idea until more people agree with it and then they'll come out and say they're doing it. Or if it never goes over well enough they'll be able to deny they were ever thinking of it at all.

It keeps them safe that way. Wait for the media to work on peoples perception for a while first and if that doesn't work just claim it was Fake News all along and avoid the controversy.

Sounds like a clever way to go. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what's going on here.

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join