It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Fire Special Counsel Mueller

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: introvert

But for what? I mean, if trump wasn't under investigation (and we know he wasn't) how does firing comey (which he has the authority to do) result in trump being under investigation?

New evidence can come to light at any point during an investigation that could expand it to target Trump being that investigations exist to uncover evidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Trump can fire him for his handling of the Russia investigation without attempting to obstruct justice. Comey was using the investigation as an insurance policy. Trump just canceled the policy. Honestly if the desired outcome was a quality investigation comey needed to go, he was only interested in the dog and pony shows.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Mueller is a close friend of Comey's. That conflict of interest should preclude him from running the investigation.

A new Special Counsel should be appointed with limited scope.
edit on 13/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're operating in the hypothetical realm. Evidence could be found that Bernie sanders is a communist China manchurian plant too. You never know! But a year in and there's no evidence for either trump collusion nor Bernie being a communist China manchurian candidate.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I agree the kushner ties are troubling too. That's why he needs to go. This needs to just go back to the FBI as a regular investigation. It's a counter intelligence investigation when has a special counsel ever been needed on a counter Intel investigation???

Special counsels exist to assure bi-partisanism. At this point it is the only thing left that will assure the liberal left that Trump isn't a liar if he truly is innocent. Trump's word is worth squat to most liberals and many independents now.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Absolutely. If there's going to be a special independent counsel it certainly should be independent.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How would they know he's truly innocent? After all Mueller has ties to trumps son in law.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Congress has already said if Mueller does get fired. They will bring him back as their special counsel.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You're operating in the hypothetical realm. Evidence could be found that Bernie sanders is a communist China manchurian plant too. You never know! But a year in and there's no evidence for either trump collusion nor Bernie being a communist China manchurian candidate.

No. I'm operating in the, "I have questions that need answers because of certain things Trump has said and done in the past" realm. At no point have I assumed any sort of guilt. I just see shady behavior and lies that raise some serious legal questions. So I want answers to them. If Trump is innocent like he claims then letting the investigation carry through without whining about it is the best way to do so.

link   

Not in the least Kushner may have used lawyers from the same firm Mueller worked at, but the owner of the firm says Mueller never worked for Kushner in anyway.

link   

How would they know he's truly innocent? After all Mueller has ties to trumps son in law.

When the investigators finish up and say there is nothing there to prosecute. At that point it is up to the public to believe them or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Iran Contra came to mind but I'm not sure if the Tower Commision is considered a special council.

but, considering that
trump fired comey stating that the russia investigation played a role in the decisions.
the house investigation was already put into doubt by nunes.
the attorney general was a persona of interest in the investigation..
why not get it as far away from the political influence as possible??

not that it matters much at this point, no matter which way the special council swings in the end, half of the population will find reason to doubt their conclusion.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

ain't nothing gonna assure the left that he isn't a liar!!
heck, there is so much evidence that he is, even the republicans should agree with that statement!
the question we have concerning trump is weather any of his actions deserve impeachment and/or prosecution.
my main concern is just what happened with the russians, who in the US was involved...
and that includes media groups like brietbart news and fox...
how far did they get to actually hacking into the election system.. ect.

heck, trump out of office isn't really a pleasant idea for me since pence is a religious puritan wanting to bring our country into his version of the kingdom of god.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Well that is between the people and their own personal biases, though that is a problem Trump brought on himself by obfuscating the issue for so long and at every chance he got. I'd like to hope that if the case is solid enough supporting Trump not being guilty I'd do him a solid and support that decision. I did it for the Hillary investigation (which has made me a huge target here on ATS) so I would want to do it for Trump too. Even if I dislike the guy.

Now, as it stands there are still questions and answers to those questions can possibly allude to criminal mischief and the possibility in that paragraph above goes out the window. Currently I'm heavily favoring this scenario over the previous one.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

and, it's just coincindence that trumps first pick for fbi head was lieberman, who works for the law firm that trump's lawyer heads, right??

thank god that lieberman pulled his name out of the list of prospects. can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be for lieberman as head of the fbi facing off with his old boss who's saying how he wished he would just let this whole russia thing go??

we ain't gonna get anyone in the position of special council that we all can agree we trust without doubt. so, whoever it is, we are gonna have to just place our faith, and hope, they are more concerned with out country than they are about their connections. firing mueller is just gonna slow the investigation down, which serves no one.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It would look bad if he did, oh man!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I hope Trump fires Mueller too. Not only will that make Trump look even more guilty, it will also prompt to appointment of a truly independent investigator, which is what this investigation needs.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is an opinion piece. I can make an opinion. A friend tells me Trump considers pulling all of his hair off. It's just a statement to create sensation. In other words, fake news.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The biggest problem with Mueller after the testimony of Comey is the conflict of interest between this two people.

Comey wanted an independent panel, he became a leaker now that is unprecedented, then he got his own mentor, his partner and confidant, appointed by the now acting ATT General, another one that have conflict of interest with the Democrats after taking money from the Clintons.

I see a lot of conflicting crap in all this.

You realize the only thing leaked we're Comey's own recollections of non privileged / non classified discussions right ? He did not leak classified information not anything privileged (Trump chose not to invoke privilege).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Robert Mueller Stocks Staff with Democrat Donors

One of the hires, Jeannie Rhee, also worked as a lawyer for the Clinton Foundation and helped persuade a federal judge to block a conservative activist's attempts to force Bill and Hillary Clinton to answer questions under oath about operations of the family-run charity.

Witches are on the move. The hunting party has gathered. It's leader has been handpicked to maximize a successful taking down of the trophy specimen before said specimen completes the exposure of their stinking cabal.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join