It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Didn't we used to have a friend or foe designation on ATS?

Has it been taken away?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Friend is still there.

Foe, not so much. It was pulled off the boards for some reason or rather.

The Foe designation was supposed to be like a well respected adversary, a nemesis perhaps.

P

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
go to a member's "wall".

The option is there.

the wall

edit on Jun-12-2017 by xuenchen because: walled

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like just friend, no more foe...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like just friend, no more foe...

Yeah, the "foe" thing is gone for a couple of years.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yes.

Thank God. It was never intended to be used as most used it. It was respected foe, not an I can't stand this person because he or she dares to disagree with my opinions.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I only had some as a foe if they were absolutely rude and mad disparaging remarks.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

That's how most everyone used it.

I had one person on it. He's since faded away, hasn't been on ATS in years, and I miss him.

We were about as diametrically opposed as two people could be. I'm conservative, he, well, wasn't. Neither of us had any back up in us opinion wise, and we'd duke it out for days on whatever the issue was. Color of the sky. Whether water is actually wet. That sort of stuff. Even on issues where we agreed, guaranteed, we'd find something to disagree about. It was great fun!!

But we were invariably nothing less than polite, and at the end of the day, we saluted each other, and agreed to disagree. He was an older man with a delightful sarcastic streak. He was, definitely, a Respected Foe.

...and I really wish he was still around. He could teach a few people a thing or two about disagreeing politely, while developing a friendship with someone.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

yes, the person I speak of was rude with really obnoxious remarks to everyone I think he/she was banned. This is the type person I would like to block. That said, there is no one on ats I feel that way about anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That is how I had used the foe button in the past as well. Too bad it's gone.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

If you remember, there were two members whose foe-lists went into the low hundreds. You'd have to pack a light lunch and take water to scroll so far down the page

I got foed 18 times. Some of them sent PMs to explain it was 'adversary' not enemy. They were cool guys. The rest hated a few posts. This was back when nobody posted about politics either. Might have been 1 political post for every 30 others or even less. Good times. The ratio has flipped now.

One forgettable guy would foe-unfoe-foe-unfoe etc. There'd be constant 'U2U' messages as they were rattling their chains out on some psyche wing and raging. It was like Morse Code for I hate you so much right now. Or Sheldon Cooper trying to make Leonard's head explode.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Oh, I lost count of the number of times I got foe'd after becoming staff...all the sudden I was the "enemy".

Yeah, I remember those members.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The name of one of them summed up the approach if you catch my drift. The red-haired one.

Glad the Foe button is gone and kinda nostalgic for the pre-political days when the button existed. Before being a mod too so quieter times and much less conflict.

Friend button is underused imo.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Whats the diff between a super moderator and a moderator?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Mods, such as myself, oversee only certain forums for purposes of editing, or removing threads. ...and that, usually, only after discussion, unless it's a totally egregious violation. We can also, again after discussion, place someone on temporary posting bans, not something we like doing.

Supers, such as DTOM, can do that over the whole site, regardless of forum. They can also permanently ban someone, generally after many attempts at not banning have failed.

Supers just have a few more fancy buttons. Generally, we work together, and we answer to each other.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
If you remember, there were two members whose foe-lists went into the low hundreds. You'd have to pack a light lunch and take water to scroll so far down the page

Wasn't there one member who put up a thread saying he had foed 999 members, and was looking around for someone to have the honour of being foe number 1000?
I think I argued with him once quite successfully, but he did not make me a foe. I did not make the grade.

edit on 13-6-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Whats a mods price? Like how much to get a member banned, and I would imagine it would be quite a bit more to bribe a mod into banning a mod? Can you give me an idea of the going rate?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I remember getting those U2U's.. ahh the good old days!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Whats the diff between a super moderator and a moderator?

A cape..obviously

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join