It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Sheriff Declares “THIS IS WAR!” Tells Americans To Arm Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
To be fair, its Florida...

Truth.

It takes 15 minutes to get off my dirt road to a half assed paved road on a good day, and that is me knowing the way, and where all the sink holes are. Even if the police were only a couple of miles away, it could still take them near an hour to get out to my little piece of the woods.

Folks in a lot of the rural parts of Florida, will call the police, and they hope that time and circumstances will work in their favor, but are prepared just in case it doesn't.

I am an old broad and I am happy that my neighbors go out of their way to look out for each other. I used to get annoyed listening to all that target practice racket every weekend, these days it doesn't bother me near as much.

The Sheriff isn't telling people to do anything different then they already do. He is asking them to be responsible and that is why they have created classes for the public to help them be safe.

I am surprised it took so long for someone to make a thread about Sheriff Ivey. His video only went viral because of BP Earth. I am sure if you check the websites of other rural Sheriff departments, you will find something very similar.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I live in the forest and the only people who Target shoot more than me are my neighbors.

I conceal as does my father and my siblings. There are at least 6 people who conceal at my church. Good luck is all I have to say.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Shoot first and ask questions later.
Every time he rested his hand on his sidearm, I thought he was going to pull it out lol

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well fine, except not many massacres occur at home where people live. They occur at night clubs like the one in Orlando last year, where guns aren't allowed.
You think the murderin sons of bitches know that and thats why they attack defenseless people in side that night club?

Nice gesture sheriff, showboat, blowin his horn, toot tooot.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In Brevard County, Florida -- less than an hour's drive from Disney World -- Sheriff Wayne Ivey was one of the first to post a video on Facebook. In it, his message was clear: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Though he repeatedly cautioned against vigilante justice, Ivey made sure gun owners knew he wanted them to "proactively engage anyone who threatens harm through terrorism or mass killings." Ivey is confident that responsible gun owners with concealed weapons permits will partner with them in stopping an active shooter before police arrive on the scene, he told CNN. "We want you to be prepared to defend yourself, to protect you and your family," he said.
www.cnn.com...
He isn't asking people to only protect their homes. He is asking people to be prepared to defend themselves, their family and their communities.

He is admitting that in his area people may be sitting ducks if they just wait for the police to respond. Some people live in areas where a large, speedy police presence is not available. I think his honesty, though not politically correct, is commendable.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

He is admitting that in his area people may be sitting ducks if they just wait for the police to respond. Some people live in areas where a large, speedy police presence is not available. I think his honesty, though not politically correct, is commendable.

Well yah, sure...

...except like I said, they attack places they know people aren't allowed to have guns, like movie theaters, nightclubs, airports, rehab hospitals, the friggin world trade center, the friggin boston marathon... just a few.

But think of it, what can your measly pistol in your concealed holster do to a two ton truck driving 60 mph? Or a jet liner doing 400?

Further: Attacks wth explosives are over before anyone can react as well.
edit on 12-6-2017 by intrptr because: further:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am sure he is aware that attacks are planned to garner the most casualties. He is not asking anyone to single handily stop all attacks, or attempts at attacks. He is saying that when your back is against the wall, not to cower and pray for help.

He is saying if you can just put one bad guy out of commission, that is one less person killing a lot less people.

Why are you angry that this man is telling people to fight for their lives? What do you think people should do?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why doesn't he just plain out say prepare to save yourself from MUSLIM EXTREMISTS...instead of just against attackers or terrorists?

He said he is the most politically incorrect sheriff there is? Pfffffff...yeah right

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Well fine, except not many massacres occur at home where people live. They occur at night clubs like the one in Orlando last year, where guns aren't allowed.
You think the murderin sons of bitches know that and thats why they attack defenseless people in side that night club?

Nice gesture sheriff, showboat, blowin his horn, toot tooot.

So Home Invasions don't exist?

GTFOOH!

Your agenda stinks to high heaven!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its the old...when seconds count cops are minutes away...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

He is saying that when your back is against the wall, not to cower and pray for help.

You keep saying that. In the Pulse night club's two bathrooms, dozens of people were jammed into the handicap stalls cowering in fear for hours, waiting for the calvary to rescue them as the lone gunman returned time and agin, firing point blank multiple times into the stalls full of defenseless patrons.

Yah sure, no-one expects it to happen, and no-one is ever allowed to be armed inside these places.
edit on 12-6-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Good point

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
But wait?.....................Shouldn't you RUN, HIDE and TELL?

GUYS.....................

.............................................GUYS?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Bite your tongue. My "Agenda" is to carry wherever and wherever I want. After all I am guilty of no crime and am qualified to defend myself.

But thats not legal, derp.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here, the average housewife is better armed than the police in London.
Because of causes of the day liberals, it's more important to get on the internet and portray yourself as compassionate.

So now this is a thing.
Don't kill someone who may kill you!!!! You don't know if he just going to hurt you!

It's all about just trying to look like you care on the internet to fake-ass sjw warriors.

You know who you are, and everyone else does too.

Phony people who only want to feel good about themselves by acting like something they are not on online.

You get so mad and so angry and type angry things to show to you facebook friends.
fu

link   

Do you dance in nightclubs with a sidearm?

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: JinMI

Why doesn't he just plain out say prepare to save yourself from MUSLIM EXTREMISTS...instead of just against attackers or terrorists?

He said he is the most politically incorrect sheriff there is? Pfffffff...yeah right

Well said!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

He is saying that when your back is against the wall, not to cower and pray for help.

You keep saying that. In the Pulse night club's two bathrooms, dozens of people were jammed into the handicap stalls cowering in fear for hours, waiting for the calvary to rescue them as the lone gunman returned time and agin, firing point blank multiple times into the stalls full of defenseless patrons.

Yah sure, no-one expects it to happen, and no-one is ever allowed to be armed inside these places.

Then don't go into a gay club and get drunk defenseless. Duh.

I don't live my life in fear but i also don't exist in wreckless abandon.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Do you dance in nightclubs with a sidearm?

DNoone does. Thats the problem. And the murderous assholes know it.

Look at what happened at the colorado Movie theatre, the Connecticut school, the friggin airliners on 911.

How many of those involved thought to themselves, one lousy six shot revolver,...anyone have a gun?

Something the main scream totally omits in their endless coverage of terror in order to promote confiscation of firearms.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
He can't say the truth because there is no longer value in the truth.
Because the truth might offend.
It has gotten to the point that the truth can not be spoken because it may offend someone who isn't even offended but acts like they are.
edit on 2017-06-12T21:17:46-05:002201712America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join