It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

constant thirst

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No like sodium, potassium etc. Cancer (thirst doesn't mean cancer lol) threw my sodium off permanently. Thirst was a side effect.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Less, stevia is about 2X as sweet. I use 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 a paper envelope of stevia in my coffee (20 OZ)

is it a taste you have to learn to enjoy?
im going to pick some up tomorrow cause im feeling like it could help. just subbing that out for sugar in my tea will go a long way

i bew my own most of the time but every now and then i buy the gallons of arizona sweet tea. i could always buy unsweetened and add the stevia

thanks for your help everyone

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
...then i buy the gallons of arizona sweet tea. i could always buy unsweetened and add the stevia

Brewed right next door to me in lovely Maplewood, New Jersey. If you saw the inside of that plant you would rather drink your own wee.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

i really dont know my sodium and potassium content...the foods i eat i mean

i know i just smashed a big ass cup of tea not even 1 minute ago and i feel like i did not drink anything

link   

with the glycemia or pre diabetes wouldnt i be a lard?

Nope, type 1 is a auto immune deal and type 2 is, well I guess stuff just stops working properly.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
you would rather drink your own wee.

with stevia?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

you mean the stuff plants crave?

Don't listen to Kali, she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.

Drink Brawndo, it's the thirst mutilator.

Hey! I was only wrong that one time and they swore the blood would come out.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

with the glycemia or pre diabetes wouldnt i be a lard?

Nope, type 1 is a auto immune deal and type 2 is, well I guess stuff just stops working properly.

interesting
my pain doc and my general run a panel every year
wouldnt one of those panels alert them to something being off if i had either of those?
im not saying they would know it is one of those by those panels but if they ran a panel would such and such be off and that would warrant further panels and then i would find out?

i always assumed when those panels come back ok that i am all good

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

with stevia?

On the rocks.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Hey! I was only wrong that one time and they swore the blood would come out.

We really are the largest grouping of people with useless advice in the known universe.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Things happen, it could be just a thing you are going through and listening to you bod is the right thing to do. Drink til satisfied, but if it isn't going away... Well then I would give it a week or so then I would be in Wallgreens picking up a tester. See what is going on with my sugar.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

with stevia?

On the rocks.

only way to go

so seasonal, you think powder or liquid would be the way to go

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Stevia seems to come in different strengths. I use the liquid form, one kind, Herbal Select, I do 4 drops in tea, 3 in coffee, 6-8 in lemon water or ice tea.
Another of the liquid kind just squirts in. Very short squirt. Very strong sweetness.

Even some of the powder types are very strong, an eighth of a teaspoon, can equal a tsp of sugar, some powder takes up to half tsp to get the same.

Experiment.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I buy stevai at Aldi's in the envelopes. It tastes like crap so I do add a small amount of sugar. I know some people prefer Agave nectar, and perhaps I will try this one next.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I use Stevia In The Raw in my tea.

The taste can be a little of learning curve but hey, so is tequila!

Watch the sugar intake. It is in everything.

Electrolytes are what plants crave! Drink water like from the toilet!!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I use Stevia In The Raw in my tea.

The taste can be a little of learning curve but hey, so is tequila!

Watch the sugar intake. It is in everything.

Electrolytes are what plants crave! Drink water like from the toilet!!

Plants don't drink from the toilet, silly!
Drink from a watering can.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Have your blood sugar checked.

And you can pick up a tester CHEAP... The Dr. does not need to get his cut on this one.

you can also buy the test strips and test your urine for sugar...not as accurate as pricking your finger and testing your blood, but it something at least...if you are drinking a lot and you are diabetic you would be peeing a lot and your urine will smell sweet or no smell as apposed to the NORMAL smell of urine

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just drink water. Carry a bottle around with you and sip on it. Finally, when your body understands it can have all it wants, it will start wanting it. The more you drink the more you want. It's difficult at first, so ease yourself into it.

It's weird at first, drinking a lot of water. It's like your body doesn't know what to do with all of it the first days, so you might feel bloated or something. You might retain some of it for a few days. But all that goes away. It becomes wonderful.

Forego all the sweet stuff. Sip on yo water until you love it! Thirst is one of the primary symptoms of diabetes, and no you don't have to be overweight. Type II is typically associated with obesity, while Type I isn't. But you say you've been checked, so good. I wonder if you've been checked since this intense thirst developed though?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

thanks all.
i know i am not diabetic. i have had panels done yearly for the past several years. not checking for diabetes but just full panels and nothing comes back out of the norm.

i will read about xerostomia now.....

never heard of pre diabetes....hats scary

You sure? "Full panels" means nothing in the face of diabetes. It's all about blood sugar. Above 100 but below 125 and that's "pre diabetes." Above 125 and you've got it. It can sneak up on you. if your count is below 100 you don't have to worry about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

I made that up myself just now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join