It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hope
[hōp]

NOUN
a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen:
"he looked through her belongings in the hope of coming across some information" ·
synonyms: aspiration · desire · wish · expectation · ambition · aim · goal · plan ·
archaic
a feeling of trust.
VERB
want something to happen or be the case:
"he's hoping for an offer of compensation" ·
synonyms: expect · anticipate · look for · be hopeful of · pin one's hopes on · want ·

Hope, a word that once stood for something positive. Until that is, it was uttered by Trump in a setting that one could describe as a bit shady, even godfather like.
Hope that day was used in the context of a request and as seen above. When hope is used as a verb it means the person using the word hope wants something to happen and in fact hope is synonymous with the words expect and want. So using Trump's own supposed words we can come to conclusion that by the very definition of hope. Trump "wanted" or "expected" Comey to let the investigation on Flynn go. Whether it was for corrupt means is still to be determined by the ongoing investigations into the matter. Yes whether they have found anything yet or not the investigations are still on going. I for one am interested to see what Trump's tax returns will turn up. Since he so obviously wanted to keep them out of public view. What says you ATS?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

What says you ATS?

I say it's the ghost of Seth Rich inside the Grandfather Clock by the Door.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It depends on the context of the sentence. If I say I hope you will not sleep tonight because if you do I will hang you tomorrow morning. That's still a threat. Just because the word hope appears or not in a sentence doesn't make the sentence a threatening one or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What says you ATS?

hope
soccer player

hope
musician

ill take musician

sorry man...just trying to pre lighten the mood
edit on 12-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Businessmen typically don't release their taxes to the public because they are tied to their businesses. JFK didn't release his taxes to the public. Neither will Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I say it was Trump in the oval office with a recording device.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
New Boss asks you to private dinner and says:

Nice FBI Director job you've got there, are you sure you want to keep it? You want it, intend to keep it? I mean, a lot of people want your job, you know. So...about that little legal problem my friend has...I hope you can see your way clear to letting it go...to letting him go...

And scene/

I would take that as you like your job? Then do this little favor for me...

It's called intimidation.
edit on 12-6-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

In the scenario you portrayed? Sure.

Between Trump and Comey? Lmfao, doubtful. Comey is an established coward, but that would raise all kinds of flags.

Nice try though, lmfao.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

I hope you understand that Trump didn't need to try to coerce Comey to let the Flynn investigation go. He could have told Comey right then and there to let it go. He has that authority.

People are grasping at straws and making # up. Obstruction!? The Dems have gone off the deep end.

edit on 12-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If by coward, you mean that Comey kept his responses neutral so Trump could keep implicating himself. Then yes Comey was acting cowardly in that sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Eight years of turning that word into a meaningless joke and now it's something sinister. I hope you guys can find some direction and purpose in the next 3 years, like actually fielding a viable candidate. Yeah, Trump's the worst, we got it. Show us something better.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
I went for hope and change once. It was the worst damn mistake I ever made.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

If I may how did Obama affect you personally?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

If he hadn't already said that he can't release them because of an audit. Which is bull anyways. Then sure I could accept that. Also tax returns were not consistently released by nominees until the 70's thanks to Nixon and the Watergate investigation.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: allsee4eye

If he hadn't already said that he can't release them because of an audit. Which is bull anyways. Then sure I could accept that. Also tax returns were not consistently released by nominees until the 70's thanks to Nixon and the Watergate investigation.

The idea that Trump is typical in any way is a joke.

Let's just start with he said he would, and work back from there.

Did JFK say he would?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

I don't care if he releases his tax returns. He has already given over 100 pages of his financials and to me, those are enough.

He wasn't a community organizer or a career politician. His tax returns would be so involved and complicated that the speculation as to what this means or that means would consume the crazies in media till the cows come home.

President Trump, do not release your tax returns. It is neither required nor necessary. Let the loonies bay at the moon and don't give in to their insanity.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The Russian word for "hope" is covfefe.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The Russian word for "hope" is covfefe.

DB, you're covfefeless!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I say telling someone "I hope you choke on it" isn't legally a threat whereas "I'm going to choke you" is very much legally a threat. That would mean "I'm hope you clear Flynn" isn't legally an order whereas "I'm telling you to clear Flynn" would have been legally an order...

Semantics matter, in fact in legal terms semantics are everything

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Put the word hope together with the word change and you get 8 years of WTF

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join