It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this just happened..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh I definitely saw 3 million, so did the other fellow. I didn't believe at first, I had to blink a few times and make sure.

As for banks holding that much, why wouldn't they?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

sooooooooooooooooo........... if he had 3 million he could't afford to have someone go to the bank with him???? I know people like to be independent and do as much for themselves as they can,,,,

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Not to get too "Woo Woo" here, and please believe me when I tell you that I'm definitely not the "religious" type, buuuut.....!

I could not help but think, as I read your story, of the angels that were supposedly sent to Sodom and Gamorrah (sp?) whose treatment lead, ultimately, to such nasty behavior from a supreme being.

Think of it, your honorable actions may have just averted a cataclysm of actual biblical proportions!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I thought one bank can't hold that much in one bank? Is that possible to show on an ATM? I know usually funds are only insured up to to certain amount...like $10,000 or something. A lot of wealthy folks use more than one bank...

Can a balance even SHOW a million $$$$$$$....
An American bank will usually hold all the money you are willing to give them, but only insure 100,000 per bank. Wise to spread that money around.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I found a $100 bill in a parking lot once when I was under 10, it was in the early 90's and I'm sure it bought me a lot of either Mighty Maxes, Star Trek cards, or Legos.

This is definitely a weird situation, either some sort of scam or an old rich man with Alzheimer's.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Not to get too "Woo Woo" here, and please believe me when I tell you that I'm definitely not the "religious" type, buuuut.....!

I could not help but think, as I read your story, of the angels that were supposedly sent to Sodom and Gamorrah (sp?) whose treatment lead, ultimately, to such nasty behavior from a supreme being.

Think of it, your honorable actions may have just averted a cataclysm of actual biblical proportions!

edit on 12-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: lol....

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Are you perhaps, a Christian???

Heb 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.
Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Heb 13:3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

No I'm not, but you have my attention.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I can pretty much assure you this was some kind of a stunt or social experiment...or possibly just a plain security experiment (by a bank or security company) or a police sting of some kind. The fact that the man couldn't see is very convenient, too convenient. He couldn't see his mammoth balance, so someone else had to "see" it for him. Far too convenient of a "victim". Further, that he played the same role with some other unsuspecting patron, waiting for them to arrive (bumbling around the whole time), is all the more suspicious.

You can just about "bank" on the fact there were cameras all over this incident! I'll bet if you'd have looked around you would have seen a van or car (maybe more than one) with tinted windows in the line of sight of the ATM, or maybe in an adjacent building.

He probably trundled off down the street and waited for a while, and then came right back to that same ATM a few minutes later and did the same thing with some other folks.

OR...then again, maybe you just happened into Stevie Wonder after a night on the town!

Either way, I seriously doubt the man's plight was legit.

Incidentally, I probably would have done similar to what you did. You probably 'ruined' someone's day! (That someone being some person or company looking to scoop a story, or sting a criminal).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This was exactly what I thought of while driving home, you could be right.

Who knows though, still pretty weird.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Weird, no doubt!

If you'd have had the time, it might have been interesting to swing back by that location around 30 minutes later. I'm bettin' you'd have seen the same guy there wandering around.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I can't help thinking that if I had that much in the bank I'd occasionally have to get someone else to look just to make sure I wasn't dreaming!

...or could he just be showing off?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for being one of the good guys. Sounds to me like it was simply a naïve elderly man who doesn't make the wisest decisions. The FDIC only insures up to $250,000 of your money at a particular bank, so anything you put in above that you are bearing a tremendous risk on if the bank goes belly up.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Something about this story seems like a test.. or an undercover setup .. but that would be entrapment in my opinion.

It may have just been a wealthy old guy playing a social experiment and not really blind at all. Why didn't he know his balance ? Did he hack a bunch of money out of someone elses account and didn't want his screen shot in front of terminal taking cash out? Wanted to see if everything had gone according to plan in the sting and was in disguise to some extent ?

Lots of questions ..but the first clue to a fishy story was him wanting to know if he had twenty in his account when he actually had 3 million .. hunh ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join