It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

after many years, another coal mine opens, the first under Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

That doesn't mean stop investing on Solar and other forms of non fossil fuel energy. Relying too much on fossil fuels long term will be detrimental to not just humanity but also to the environment.
edit on 6/12/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'll be dead, that isn't the point.. It's a lazy and selfish way of thinking to say it's going to be around 500 years so lets use it up.. What about generations to come that will have to rely on our lazy way of thinking?

We're just a dot on the timeline, screwing it up for those that follow us isn't such a good idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I for one think I speak for all my conservative republican allies when I say that we need to bring back coal and bring it back now! So what if Natural Gas is cheaper/easier. We need to shut down the natural gas industry immediately to revitalize the coal industry. Lets build America into the leading coal energy nation of the 21st century!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Coming from a family who probably worked coal mines like everyone else in our part of the world since prehistoric times, I say let miners work.

The same principle we maintain of boosting national corn production so as to export corn more than we import it, thus protecting american farmers, can be maintained for coal on a national level.

We have to forget about global competition with all things and learn to use national resources at a loss comparitively, as a tool for national development.

Wages, taxes, and infrastructure develop when you give people an undustry to be productive with.

Thats not even factoring in the impact these workers have on the local economy as engines of stability.

Its a growth VS plateu aim for individual economys.

Population growth is always used as an argument for our current global economic model. In the same breath it is said to be destined to fail eventually.

Why we are anchord to fiat money and fractal reserve banking is a mystery. A ghost in a room of fortune tellers.

We keep pushing for global competitiveness beyond national stability and needs.

Its for our country, yet our country suffers from it. It being "progress" on a far off global scale.

Gas prices....oil for winter, and so on. The ammunition of global corporations operating in every country....yet earnestly concerned for each population somehow. Fighting for the interest of each and the good of all.

What we need to do is eat, pay our bills, and keep the country physically in working order.

Anyone not on the same page as us on that should be asked to do business elsewhere until they offer products and services in a way that these things are not disturbed.

edit on 6 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Does this have something to do with this?

Regarding Corsa Coal, No. Their primary production is MET (Metallurgical) Coal used in the production of steel. Although exports have been coming down since 2012, President Trump's deregulation has breathed new life into the export.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That doesn't mean stop investing on Solar and other forms

It also doesn't mean to regulate the fossil fuel industry into extinction, because the production of cheap photovoltaics comes with a high environment price tag as well.

www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The pro fossil fuel crew needs to go travel India and China and understand first hand the devestation archaic industries and power production is having upon the world. In big cities it is hard to breath you cannot see mountains or a view from a mountain, it is a struggle to see half a kilometer ahead clearly in peak hour. These countries have populations that quadruple America and with the backward policy of Trump and short minded views of business and individuals, Americas is going backwards not developing modern technology for the betterment of humanity.

India plans %60 of electicity produced by renewable energy by 2030

First published on Wednesday 21 December 2016 23.40 AEDT

The Indian government has forecast that it will exceed the renewable energy targets set in Paris last year by nearly half and three years ahead of schedule.

A draft 10-year energy blueprint published this week predicts that 57% of India’s total electricity capacity will come from non-fossil fuel sources by 2027. The Paris climate accord target was 40% by 2030.

The forecast reflects an increase in private sector investment in Indian renewable energy projects over the past year, according to analysts.

One analyst suggested this may be surpassed and %100 reliance on renewable energy could be acchieved by 2030-2040. With base loading supported by batteries and gas.

Japan’s Softbank has committed to invest $20bn (£16.2bn) in the Indian solar energy sector, in conjunction with Taiwanese company Foxconn and Indian business group Bharti Enterprises.

This investmentwill not be obtained by USA if it goes backwards on climate policies.

Foss il fuel divestment is worth $7tn globally yet Australia still clings to coal

On Tuesday a report by global financial outfit Arabella shows that fossil fuel divestment is now worth an astounding A$7tn globally. It spans almost 700 organisations as diverse as the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund, the City of Newcastle and the Australian National University.

If you actually read this article it states the devolpment of a new mine would determine the fate of The Great Barrier reef, one of the natural wonders of the world.

Bah! Just dig up some more and chuck it in the, clean coal power plants aye? Leaving the next generation destined to enjoy a torturous existance in the ruined ecosystem we have left them.
edit on 12-6-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So many short minded and short term goal oriented people.

Coal was a dying industry for a reason, and it should have been kept to a niche industry.

Have people forgotten what happened in London when EVERYONE had coal burning fire places?
Have people not seen a coal locomotive in action, ramping up?
Or how about how inefficient a coal locomotive is?

Those are only small scale situations, but times them by 100,000,000, and imagine the impact it has on the environment.
If anyone has lived close to or near a steel mill / manufacturer in full production you can literally see a film of soot on their window sills, door knobs, garages, cars after they ramp up the coke ovens.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

They should use clean coal tech.

I can tell you about the impact that closing mines had in northern Spain thanks to being a member of the EU.

Its either a price vs cost argument or an ecoligical one.

Neither considers that the population has to survive well in order to be convincing. There is no point in "saving the earth" if no one is left around to save.

For the animals? Oh yeah, we have that already.

edit on 6 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

What do you propose then?

Personally I am against the idea of dependent too much on fossil fuels but at the same time as a realist I understand that there are problems regulating the fossil industry to extinction. In fact, I think shutting down mines and throwing the miners out cold without retraining them for other jobs such as building infrastructure for producing alternative energy is wrong.

edit on 6/12/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

First off coal and how dirty it is in reference to the US burning it is a HUGE lie!

I see you are clueless when it comes to coal.

Technology and environmental laws already have in the US most likely the cleanest burning coal industry in the world.

America just finished building it's first clean coal plant so we are lagging. But thanks to dimwit they don't have to worry about being clean now huh?

Every wonder why you don't see pics of people in China wearing masks because of the pollution of them burning coal?

You mean like this one?

Of course not, it would blow the whole climate scam out of the water considering China is exempt until 2030, but I guess that should be ignored?

Should it also be ignored that China is leading America in switching to alternative fuels?

#WINNING #JOBS

#AMERICANS FORCED TO SUPPORT ANOTHER DYING INDUSTRY

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 8390000002330America/ChicagoMon, 12 Jun 2017 14:09:23 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
So many short minded and short term goal oriented people.

Coal was a dying industry for a reason, and it should have been kept to a niche industry.

Have people forgotten what happened in London when EVERYONE had coal burning fire places?
Have people not seen a coal locomotive in action, ramping up?
Or how about how inefficient a coal locomotive is?

Those are only small scale situations, but times them by 100,000,000, and imagine the impact it has on the environment.
If anyone has lived close to or near a steel mill / manufacturer in full production you can literally see a film of soot on their window sills, door knobs, garages, cars after they ramp up the coke ovens.

Wait we still use 1800's coal technology?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm glad they're opening up coal again. hopefully the people of West Virginia will be able to feed themselves again.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: seeker1963

If the world is 100% pristine, people would have failing immune systems and die out. People need to live in conditions that have some dirt. That's the only way to keep the immune system in good condition.

There is a big difference between dirt containing microorganisms that the immune system can adapt to and man made pollution containing things like mercury that the immune system has no defense against.

Toxins introduced into the environment by industry is not the same thing as germs.
edit on 12-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

COAL only employs a SMALL and nearly INSIGNIFICANT number of people in the UNited States.

Out of 300+ MILLION people. Coal? Coal provides LESS than 70,000 jobs.

COAL is nothing more than a political game. COAL and the people working it are USED by politicians to pull on heart strings.

Don't buy into the HYPE. Coal is DYING.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Clean coal?

Is that LIKE...
Jumbo shrimp

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Let the coal flow...and believe me it is, CSX is upgrading their tracks so as to handle the incoming coal traffic!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Didn't germany already have their industrial revolution too?

Why are they opening so many coal plants?

12 more are planned to open by 2020.

Paris Accords sure as hell don't seem to be stopping them.

Germany To Open Six More Coal Power Stations In 2013

Germany’s dash for coal continues apace. Following on the opening of two new coal power stations in 2012, six more are due to open this year, with a combined capacity of 5800MW, enough to provide 7% of Germany’s electricity needs.

Including the plants coming on stream this year, there are 12 coal fired stations due to open by 2020. Along with the two opened last year in Neurath and Boxberg, they will be capable of supplying 19% of the country’s power.

wattsupwiththat.com...

edit on 12-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We just keep on winning with Trump, best use of votes ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join