It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions will testify in open hearing Tuesday before Senate Intelligence Committee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sessions will testify in open hearing Tuesday before Senate Intelligence Committee
So this looks like it is just breaking, but Sessions is now going to testify before the Senate tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Sessions will be testifying before Congress for the first time since he was confirmed as attorney general in February. In light of former FBI director James B. Comey’s testimony last week, Sessions is expected to get many questions from lawmakers about his contacts with Russian officials during the 2016 election campaign.

To Sessions' credit he wants the event to be public, so that's good.

Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said Sessions requested that the committee hearing be public.

“He believes it is important for the American people to hear the truth directly from him and looks forward to answering the committee’s questions tomorrow,” said Flores.

But regardless of that, I don't expect this will be an easy time for him. I hope he's prepared. Well not really. I think I dislike Sessions more than Trump.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Sessions knows how to respond and with what pretty well. I think he is going to be rather easy and forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Sessions knows how to respond and with what pretty well. I think he is going to be rather easy and forthcoming.

Yeah, I wonder if he will remember facts correctly though. Seems quite forgetful, sheesh, he forgot all about those Russians he spoke to didn't he?

link   
So do we think everybody will latch on to Sessions' recusal email as the focus of the hearing to further discredit Comey? Or will the discussion encompass everything he says?

Guess that'll depend on what he says.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well not really. I think I dislike Sessions more than Trump.

At least you admit your partisanship is based on how much you like people.

He wants it to be public because he knows there is nothing going to come out. More show to keep you guys engaged and angry thinking that some how, some way, Trump will be removed. Keeping the left riled up helps with fundraising for the DNC.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeah. I won't lie on this. His Southern charm helps him alleviate criticism of him. It's one of the things I don't trust about him. Typical political behavior. All charm on the outside and all slime on the inside. Not surprising since Sessions was a Senator for a long time before being part of the Trump thug crew.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Seems antithetical that Sessions' would do something that'll help the DNC raise money, no?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I can be honest about my biases. Though I can't say the same for the Trumpkins who do everything in their mental power to excuse any negative press about the man no matter what. Like inventing the idiotic narrative that just because Trump is the President that I have to respect him.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Seems antithetical that Sessions' would do something that'll help the DNC raise money, no?

Hey now! Don't get in the way of his liberal bashing! Don't you know? The content is irrelevant. All that matters is getting in that zinger to make the liberal feel bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, I mean the fact that they (dems) want to grill him over Russia is the Show. He is going to be a part of it so he may as well make the best of it and ask for it to be public. Hopefully he is prepared.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Right, but going off your line of logic, it would make sense for him to request a closed hearing if he thought it was going to be a dog and pony show to get those coffers filled.

Personally, I think it'll go like most other hearings go: one side will hear what they want to hear, the other side will hear what they want to hear, and between the two of y'all we'll get a dozen or so threads that all focus on one or two lines from an hours-long testimony.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I've had a lot of discussions with you here, can you honestly say I've ever told you that you have to respect him because he's president? I like to think that I usually go after ones ideology. It's leftist ideas I'm against not you people personally.

who do everything in their mental power to excuse any negative press about the man no matter what.

What's funny about this statement is that you could type it as "the left who do everything in their mental power to create any negative press about the man no matter what" and it would be just as true for some people.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Personally, I think it'll go like most other hearings go: one side will hear what they want to hear, the other side will hear what they want to hear, and between the two of y'all we'll get a dozen or so threads that all focus on one or two lines from an hours-long testimony.

Lmao. Touche

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Like inventing the idiotic narrative that just because Trump is the President that I have to respect him.

Indeed, that is a retarded narrative, respect is earned, not given away. That's why it's important to respect the Constitution above any one person in the Oval Office - if they respect and live by the intentions behind the Constitution, then they will eventually earn respect, after all, it's a document that protects citizens from rogue-government.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I've had a lot of discussions with you here, can you honestly say I've ever told you that you have to respect him because he's president? I like to think that I usually go after ones ideology. It's leftist ideas I'm against not you people personally.

I don't keep track of all the insults, demeaning slurs, or political buzzphrases you guys individually throw at me. I just listed a popular one that I thought of off the top of my head. Whether you've said that to me or about me in the past doesn't change that there is a certain behavior you guys exhibit during any thread that is negative about Trump.

What's funny about this statement is that you could type it as "the left who do everything in their mental power to create any negative press about the man no matter what" and it would be just as true for some people.

And this is what I'm talking about, a childish retort where you try to turn what I just said around so you don't have to address the current negative press about Trump.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Important to note that he will be testifying in the capacity of 'witness' - not as the A.G, due to recusing himself from the Russia investigation involving meddling during the 2016 election campaign.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

And this is what I'm talking about, a childish retort where you try to turn what I just said around so you don't have to address the current negative press about Trump.

It's not a childish retort. It shows the hypocrisy. You've got one side going to one extreme and the other side going to the other extreme. There is so much negative press that is complete BS of course you're going to get a lot of people attacking it. Its like the little boy who cried wolf.

Little to no negative press over actual things he is doing, it's all soap opera crap about Russia,obstruction, collusion, James Comey, xenophobe, homophobic, sexist, racist, blah blah blah.
edit on 12-6-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Little to no negative press over actual things he is doing, it's all soap opera crap about Russia,obstruction, collusion, James Comey, xenophobe, homophobic, sexist, racist, blah blah blah.

Like the twice failed travel ban? Or the AHCA being cluster# policy that Trump tried to bully politicians into voting for? Or how about the tax plan that may as well have been written on a cocktail napkin for how detailed it was? Or how about Trump's lies about his inauguration and his lie promising to investigate voter fraud?

But NAAAAAAH they never address any thing about Trump's actions.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You really think the public hearing will damage Trump? That's so adorable.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I never said or suggested what I thought the outcome of the hearing will be for Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join