It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Comey tape his converstations with Trump?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Without audio recording, there is no evidence Trump said to Comey the words Comey says Trump said to him. Comey is what? In his 60s? There's no way he can remember every single word Trump said to him to write down perfectly after the conversation.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Without audio recording, there is no evidence Trump said to Comey the words Comey says Trump said to him. Comey is what? In his 60s? There's no way he can remember every single word Trump said to him to write down perfectly after the conversation.

Guess who testified under oath and who didn't?

Guess who is older, Comey or Trump?

Comey seemed to have a very good recollection of what happened and what was said, and was consistent, when Trump can't remember what he said from one day to another.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I can testify under oath and say I'm from Alpha Centuri because I'm entitled to my beliefs. Everyone is free to say whatever he or she believes, under oath or not. That doesn't make it true. For a court case, physical evidence like audio recording, video recording, photos, texts are necessary as evidence. Words alone do not cut it. Most people these days are not religious, testifying under oath, they can still lie with no shame.

edit on 12-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You miss the point entirely.

If someone credible testifies under oath against you, that testimony is generally taken as truthful until it can be disproved.

That's how it works. So, either you testify yourself, in which case it's he said vs he said, or you provide evidence to disprove the claims (in this case, Trump said he had tapes that Comey, who testified under oath, lied. It's up to Trump to prove they were lies, because Comey has credibility and testified under oath).

Sure, *you* can testify under oath and say anything you want, including saying you're "alpha centuri," but you have no credibility and people will know you're FOS because you're lying.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trump's conduct is more than enough to warrant not trusting him and believing he will lie. He lied about the size of his inauguration and promised to open an investigation when challenged on it, and that was just one of his benign lies. Lynch didn't have a pattern of repeatedly lying about easily provable things like Trump does. To pretend like isn't part of the equation is just being silly.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Aren't detective notes and doctor notes accepted in a court of law?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Professional notes yes. Personal notes no. I don't think memos are accepted since they could be subject to personal opinions and since these are about recollection they cannot be held to be totally accurate.

Any notes from the FBI must have the FBI seal on it to be accepted in court. Comey's personal memos have no FBI seal, so I don't think they can be accepted in court.
edit on 13-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
It's a felony violation of the Rico act in many states to illegally record someone in a private location. it varies by state and location. Here in NYC doing that is a felony.

That seems to conflict with NY's one-party consent law, so that's interesting.

Yeah, you can't "wiretap" someone without a warrant or what have you in a place with an expectation of privacy, such as a home, an office, etc. You can do so on the street or in a public space.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Any notes from the FBI must have the FBI seal on it to be accepted in court. Comey's personal memos have no FBI seal, so I don't think they can be accepted in court.

Well, they were composed on an FBI laptop from an FBI automobile. Apparently, they were shared with the Deputy FBI director as well as several other FBI and IC department heads, at the time. I'd say that constitutes an FBI "seal".

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If Comey composed them on a government laptop, shouldn't they still be in the cloud? (Unless someone got them out already,)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't know about "the cloud". But, it seems to me they should be on his old FBI laptop, which the FBI should have. Plus, anyone who received a copy of the memos (email?) should also have a copy.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well said hell I guarantee you trump recorded Comey with his Smart Phone.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

Trump's conduct is more than enough to warrant not trusting him and believing he will lie. He lied about the size of his inauguration and promised to open an investigation when challenged on it, and that was just one of his benign lies. Lynch didn't have a pattern of repeatedly lying about easily provable things like Trump does. To pretend like isn't part of the equation is just being silly.

You seem triggered by the mere fact that Trump is President

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join