It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Comey tape his converstations with Trump?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: allsee4eye

He didn't trust Trump and his notes are hard copies and source documents that can't be altered.

I never thought of that

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: butcherguy

Have you? Seriously. I doubt that Trump supporters ever consider these things. Comey's testimony was clear. He straight up said he didn't trust Trump and directly called him a liar. He didn't say such things about Lynch so that says to anyone paying attention that he clearly trusts Trump less than Lynch regardless of what is and isn't noteworthy.

I did in fact pay attention to what he said about Lynch and what effect her request had on his investigation. The fact that it had an effect on the investigation is enough to make it noteworthy.
I find it telling that he did not record it, yet found it necessary to record what Trump said.

Again, I am not a Trump supporter.

I think it is horrible that the United States of America had to choose between Trump and Clinton.
That is all the better candidates that we can muster?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And I told you that your opinion on what is and isn't noteworthy is irrelevant. Comey thought that Trump's words were noteworthy because he is convinced that Trump is a liar and will try to undermine him without the notes. That is what he testified.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

why isn't there any memos of his conversations between him and Obama and Hillary and Lynch over their YEARS of contact?

Le sigh.

If you had watched/listened to or read a transcript of the hearing, you would know the answer to that question, because that question was answered.

Why didn't Comey record audio? I don't know, but for one thing, it sounds like he was caught off-guard (and therefore unprepared) by some of the one on one meetings/discussions, which you would also know if you had watched/listened/read the testimony.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You can believe whatever the hell you want to believe. They are Comey's words. He testified them under oath. He didn't directly label Obama a liar though.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And why should anyone believe he has a photographic memory who can recall every word without miss in any of his conversations with others?

Convenient, that way the public doesn't need any actual recordings or documents, hear-say from Comey will do in lieu of any forensics.

Excuse me while I fall off my chair laughing.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And I told you that your opinion on what is and isn't noteworthy is irrelevant. Comey thought that Trump's words were noteworthy because he is convinced that Trump is a liar and will try to undermine him without the notes. That is what he testified.

Newsflash for you: Comey's feelings about Trump are just opinions also.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So? Comey's opinions are also what drive his decision to record notes or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What memos? Comey has not produced any such memos.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

he only had two conversations with obama, one was classified, the other was a quick goodbye as obama hopped, skipped, and jump out the door....

and as far as them rephrasing "investigation" to "matter"...
is this any different really than them not classifying kushner in the same manner they have flynn and manafort choosing instead to come up with a different term??

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You can believe whatever the hell you want to believe. They are Comey's words. He testified them under oath. He didn't directly label Obama a liar though.

As long as it's got an unnamed source to support it, anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's a felony violation of the Rico act in many states to illegally record someone in a private location. it varies by state and location. Here in NYC doing that is a felony.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
It's a felony violation of the Rico act in many states to illegally record someone in a private location. it varies by state and location. Here in NYC doing that is a felony.

NY is a one-party consent state. As are DC and Virginia.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

That seems to conflict with NY's one-party consent law, so that's interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

he claims that he only met Bush and Obama 2-3 times during their whole presidency and there was no red flags.

He saw red flags with trump (who has met with him several times already, and also asked to meet with him alone which should not have happened) and used memo taking to document best he could...as he should.

As far as recording conversations? Is it legal to record conversations in Washington? I am not familiar with the legality of this. I have no doubt he has them, but he could get in serious trouble if its illegal to record someone unknowingly. Its different from state to state.

He would have to work around it if its illegal.

edit on 12-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

He didn't trust Trump and his notes are hard copies and source documents that can't be altered.

Are the notes accurate, however? Just going by Comey's testimony, he was trying to "feel", "predict", "interpret", or "speculate"!

I can't understand why Comey couldn't have the guts to just ask the president to explain or expound upon those parts he didn't understand fully.

Comey is in CYA mode. I don't know if I would even trust the validity of his so-called "notes". He may have "turned" dirty over the years.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well obama didn't lie in literally every speech, statement or tweet he had.

Trump will tell his republican backers to say "X" the trump will go out and say "Y" and make everyone look like liars.

And that is undeniable.. anyone (even republicans) who is not a "cult of trump " shill knows trump lies constantly..

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Considering Comey would have to know trump could have taped him, and proved he was lying if he was.. then I think it's fair to say they are correct.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

And that reveals Comey's bias.

Lyncyh actually did alter an ongoing investigation, but Comey didn't care because she didn't make him feel bad. Trump makes him feel bad, so even though no investigation was altered, Comey writes the memos, leaks then create an atmosphere of suspicion to undermine a sitting president, and creates what he hopes is enough of a cloud for a special counsel.

Now, feelings should be irrelevant to Comey, it should be actions and actions only that matter. Trump said something, but Lynch did something. Or if both merely said something, then Comey's actions on each are completely different. He acquiesced to Lynch's request and undermined Trump based on his which was similar in every way to Lynch's.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are the notes accurate, however? Just going by Comey's testimony, he was trying to "feel", "predict", "interpret", or "speculate"!

Isn't that kinda what cops and investigators...do? They use their professional instincts and feelings to assess the situation and proceed in the form of questions and investigation.

<< 1    3 >>

join