It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't Comey tape his converstations with Trump?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If we are to believe that Comey is this meticulous note taker who jots down memos after conversations and he doesn't miss a single word in the conversations because of his amazing photographic memory, then why isn't there any memos of his conversations between him and Obama and Hillary and Lynch over their YEARS of contact? Including the time when Lynch told him not to treat the Hillary investigation as an investigation but as a matter which is arguably obstruction of justice. Why are there tons of memos between Comey and Trump's contacts over only a few months? None of this makes any sense to me unless Comey is a Democratic operative whose mission is damaging Republicans any way possible. And why should anyone believe he has a photographic memory who can recall every word without miss in any of his conversations with others? If he wanted to prove Trump is a bad man who should be impeached, then at the very least he should have physical evidence like an audio tape. These days smart phones are so convenient you can just wear it on you and record audio secretly for hours at a time. Yet there is no such audio from Comey about what Trump said to him at all. Something doesn't seem right about this Comey guy.
edit on 12-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If Comey was the professional he claimed to be, why didn't he keep memos on his interactions with all the presidents? By his own admission, he interacted with both Obama and Bush, and we know his interactions in the Obama admin were at least as questionable as anything that might be questionable under this one.

So why only memos for Trump? How is that professional? Or is that just more #Resistance?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Why would he need to say if he had memos about Obama, Clinton or anyone else. His dispute is with Trump. So why bring other people into it.

As for recording his conversation, i would think US Government Departments and The White House would have monitoring devices for anyone who is taking recordings. If not then i would be amazed.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He explained that clearly during his testimony. He straight up said he didn't trust Trump and thought he would lie.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

He explained that clearly during his testimony. He straight up said he didn't trust Trump and thought he would lie.

He had similar feeling about what Loretta Lynch said when she asked him to refer to the Hillary Clinton email investigation as a 'matter'..... Yet he took no notes.
That was according to his testimony.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well he must have thought that Trump's trustworthiness was much less than Lynch's. Maybe you should consider that possibility? I know it may be hard to consider that Trump isn't perfect in every regard, but give it a shot. It may open your eyes a bit.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Because secretly recording the president is "I'm assuming" highly illegal.

Man I can't believe you think it would be legal to do that..

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Maybe because he was going around trying to stop the Russian investigation , while insisting on loyalty oaths to him specifically, after lying constantly, sometimes in the same soeech???

Maybe??

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's their latest attempt to deflect and pretend like they don't have to pay attention to the mounting circumstantial evidence and soon to be mounting hard evidence against Trump. Comey testified under oath. That means he put himself at risk, legally, of perjury and jail if Trump can prove he was lying (like he suggested on Friday). So now they are trying to discredit his testimony by coming up with this silly narrative that Comey should have pulled a J Edgar and tape the President.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Maybe they weren't under FBI investigation and insisting on loyalty oaths??

Maybe trump is the first president who has tried to actually influence him??

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It's their latest attempt to deflect and pretend like they don't have to pay attention to the mounting circumstantial evidence and soon to be mounting hard evidence against Trump. Comey testified under oath. That means he put himself at risk, legally, of perjury and jail if Trump can prove he was lying (like he suggested on Friday). So now they are trying to discredit his testimony by coming up with this silly narrative that Comey should have pulled a J Edgar and tape the President.

Yea and at a certain point it is willfully lying to people..

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Speculations.

Regardless, it didn't get him anywhere but a pot of hot water.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Comey should have pulled a J Edgar and tape the President.

And if he had done that, the proverbial "they" would lose their freaking minds.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well he must have thought that Trump's trustworthiness was much less than Lynch's. Maybe you should consider that possibility?

Maybe you should review Comey's testimony regarding Lynch. It wasn't that he didn't believe what she was saying that made it noteworthy. It was what she said and that she was serious when she said it that made it noteworthy.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I believe much of the West Wing including the Oval Office is classed as a SCIF room. See the link below. In my experience if you visit a SCIF room, no outside electronics are allowed.

This is real world it's not like on TV.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-6-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Why do I have to review anything? Your opinion on what is noteworthy and what isn't has no baring on Comey's testimony. Clearly he didn't think it was worthy of taking notes. Arguing with me doesn't change that fact.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

He didn't trust Trump and his notes are hard copies and source documents that can't be altered.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why do I have to review anything? Your opinion on what is noteworthy and what isn't has no baring on Comey's testimony. Clearly he didn't think it was worthy of taking notes. Arguing with me doesn't change that fact.

You don't have to review anything. Frankly, I don't care it you do.
I said that because you took it upon yourself to recommend what I should do:

Maybe you should consider that possibility?

As if I hadn't already.

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

AND just as a reminder, I am not a Trump fan.
Maybe someone will retain this information soon.

edit on b000000302017-06-12T09:00:23-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 12 Jun 2017 09:00:23 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Have you? Seriously. I doubt that Trump supporters ever consider these things. Comey's testimony was clear. He straight up said he didn't trust Trump and directly called him a liar. He didn't say such things about Lynch so that says to anyone paying attention that he clearly trusts Trump less than Lynch regardless of what is and isn't noteworthy.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And people should believe he trusted Obama 100%.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join