It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

...And the lawyers silently take note to build cases against him as what is happening to Trump with his Muslim ban.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Red Herring Fallacy

Attempting to redirect the argument to another issue to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond. While it is similar to the avoiding the issue fallacy, the red herring is a deliberate diversion of attention with the intention of trying to abandon the original argument.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ambulance-chasers looking for the big one.

Nope not ambulance chasers. Truth-seekers.

Let's see those tax returns, Big Shot!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
On topic,there is a lawsuit filed against Trump and the usual suspects come and do what they always do: deflect, rinse and repeat. You will be labeled, ANTIFA, SJW, Snowflake, crybaby no matter what your argument might be. My post will probably be removed because of the off topic but "their" troll posts will stay intact.

Thing of it is, deflection and denial only gets one so far. Trumpkins are in the unenviable position of watching their guy deconstructing in real time, and along with that, their own long-awaited validation. If he does something stupid (god forbid...lol), they look stupid too. To have him under investigation taints them as well. They'll cry 'Fake News!"...but that's just a bet, isn't it?.

I watch all the accusations and announcements of investigations pending...and wait for the facts to emerge. Personally, I don't think it's going to be pretty when the GOP jumps him to rescue the 2018s.

edit on 12-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: of style, my man...style!!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What I find most disturbing about all of this is not the fact that Trump is being taken to court or that the entire Russia/Trump/Comey thing has been blown to even greater proportions. It's the fact that we cannot even discuss the issues at hand without mass deflections and cries of "whiny liberals" from the pro-Trump folks.

They've really begun to lash-out against anyone that doesn't completely agree with them or has the audacity to question Trump in any form or fashion.

At this point it's not only illogical, but rather childish.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How many times "Violations of Constitutional Oath" was brought up and mentioned since 2008 and we were constantly reminded "no such law existed" on numerous occasions when pointing out Obama and crews actions.

Is it part of the SOP to make sure massive hypocracy is included in everything the left does.

Since its appearing to be using the courts to harass and pester this administration I wonder that they don't judge shop like the left and get a blanket injunction or consent decree against suits without merit by anyone connected to DNC in any way.

Don't tell me "can't be done" as DNC has similar on RNC challenges to voter fraud.

Also another great example where "loser pays" legal system would go long ways in ending frivolity.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I know. The mods really need to clamp down on this behavior a bit better. This thread was posted in a breaking news forum and I've spent most of it defending myself and listening to people tell me that I'm whining. Never mind that a lawsuit is the legal equivalent of fighting back. If you get punched in the face by some dude, do you turn around and tell him he was whining about whatever you are doing?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I watch all the accusations and announcements of investigations pending...and wait for the facts to emerge. Personally, I don't think it's going to be pretty when the GOP jumps him to rescue the 2018s.

Me too. I've said time and again that I'm withholding judgement on the final outcome of any investigation involving Trump, but Trump supporters are REAL quick to jump to conclusions in this regard, "Nope, nothing to see here guys!" Then they turn around and try to tell me my opinions on the matter.

Right now they only argument they have that is even tangentially related to the topic is this idea of the lawsuit being frivolous, but that just shows they have no clue what a frivolous lawsuit looks like. If the courts didn't want to hear this case, they wouldn't determine it frivolous. They'd just wouldn't take the case up.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Wont go anywhere since its not a violation of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It doesn't make much sense, that's for sure.

This may sounds bad, but after reading many threads this weekend, I'm beginning to wonder of we are truly dealing with immature, unintelligent people.

If I were to respond in the manner some have recently, I'd be ashamed of myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here we go again.....

I posted earlier that the Frivolous Lawsuits clause be invoked...

in this case State Reps. should be fined 10 years of Court Costs for beleaguering the Courts with non-substantial whims... there just Ain't NO case to be presented.....

Fine 'em then Jail 'em at some lush Club Fed

the stacked courts, manned by 1,000s of progressive rats for the past pres/messiah... are the ones giving the wink-&-nod for these asinine cases to clog up the justice department... NOT on the merits of the case but strictly because it is Trump who they want thrown out-of-office

clean those leftist-liberal-globalist glasses & see the Reality... #45 is 'Protecting and Defending' the Constitution unlike #44 who was circumventing that part of the Oath ]
edit on th30149728154112322017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

That Marketwatch article isn't making these lawsuits go away.

No, the LAW will do that all by itself.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I laugh at those calling out "Oh, those whining Dems again!".

Its almost like the gobby "patriot" hypocrites do not understand their own constitution. Mind you, the ability to do so does also require an attention span longer than six seconds, and the ability to read... so I can see where their misunderstanding might have come in.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Looks to me that the only ones benefiting from all the anti-trump hysteria are the lawyers. Don't know about you but I'd prefer my tax dollars be used towards something constructive. Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
If I were to respond in the manner some have recently, I'd be ashamed of myself.

Plus they'll use that behavior as justification to validate their beliefs about liberals. "See you liberals are all whiny, triggered babies!" I really hate this mentality of trolling with strawmans and nastiness then acting coy when people retaliate that underlies most conservative arguing.

I wouldn't so much call it a measure of their age or intelligence though. It's just an example of group speak or mob mentality. The problem is that it can lead to some VERY nasty and inhumane actions that are regretted by later generations. This is the same kind of poor reasoning that led to witch burnings or even excusing Hitler's actions in WWII.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

I feel like my tax dollars not going to line Donald Trump's pockets is a benefit for me. You may feel otherwise about having your wallet fleeced, but that's on you.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

That Marketwatch article isn't making these lawsuits go away.

No, the LAW will do that all by itself.

Yes and what happens when the law disagrees with you? Going to go find another Marketwatch article that says the outcome should have been different so you can validate your misery? You do an awful lot to dismiss these things before they've even worked their course. You are in many developing threads on Trump's investigations doing this. That tends to be the behavior of someone uneasy about the direction these events are proceeding.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Here we go again.....

I posted earlier that the Frivolous Lawsuits clause be invoked...

in this case State Reps. should be fined 10 years of Court Costs for beleaguering the Courts with non-substantial whims... there just Ain't NO case to be presented.....

Fine 'em then Jail 'em at some lush Club Fed

Sort of like hitting up the GOP for the amount of public money that they squandered trying to kill Obamacare while he was still in office? I like that one...given the irony that once the dog actually caught that car, it didn't know what to do with it.
edit on 12-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I find it disturbing and highly illogical to continually come up with BS having nothing to do with "policy"to argue "policy"

Rather than take a definitive stance on such things as budget, taxes, debt, economy, healthcare, immigration, infastructure, foreign relations and honestly debate cost/benefits of such, what I see is "Muh Russia" and crap like this OP is based upon.

Attempting to apply logic where none really deserved, I can only surmise that when one knows their stance has no weight with the majority then the resort left is to charge windmills.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join