It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.marketwatch.com...

Donald Trump could refuse to put his businesses and investments in a blind trust, a strategy every other presidential candidate has used to deflect questions about potential conflicts of interest. That’s because the president and vice president are not considered employees, so the criminal conflict of interest statutesand the federal standards of ethical conduct do not apply to them. Trump cannot be forced to give up direct control or to sell investments that may present a conflict of interest with official duties, whether those conflicts are actual or just suggest the possibility of Trump acting in his own self-interest rather than the country’s. The requirement to divest conflicting assets and to manage conflicts on an ongoing basis is only applicable to appointed executive branch officials such as cabinet members.

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.marketwatch.com...

Donald Trump could refuse to put his businesses and investments in a blind trust, a strategy every other presidential candidate has used to deflect questions about potential conflicts of interest. That’s because the president and vice president are not considered employees, so the criminal conflict of interest statutesand the federal standards of ethical conduct do not apply to them. Trump cannot be forced to give up direct control or to sell investments that may present a conflict of interest with official duties, whether those conflicts are actual or just suggest the possibility of Trump acting in his own self-interest rather than the country’s. The requirement to divest conflicting assets and to manage conflicts on an ongoing basis is only applicable to appointed executive branch officials such as cabinet members.

Just sayin.

Looks like yet another example of liberals trying to diminish the considerable power of the POTUS just because it's not their preferred choice.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In other news, Kleenex brand has been booming this year, they are expanding all markets in the US due to high demand.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Don't throw me in with either party. Both are crazy and idiotic. Both blinded by hate.

All they care about is their party and not their country like they should be caring about.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.marketwatch.com...

Just sayin.

Looks like yet another example of liberals trying to diminish the considerable power of the POTUS just because it's not their preferred choice.

What a simpleton. If you think that's the reason, you don't comprehend what you see and read.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

In other news, Kleenex brand has been booming this year, they are expanding all markets in the US due to high demand.

What I have learned from trump supporters on ATS this week:

He is to be revered and followed blindly, like Moses
and jesus
His corruption is more acceptable and the Constitution doesn't really apply to Jesus and Moses.
Making people cry is to be celebrated. Because it's just democrats.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you for the link. I was not aware that new update. I will do more research...but for now need to take grandson to doctor appointment.

Has there been any response from Trump or his organization on what he will do instead?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Don't throw me in with either party. Both are crazy and idiotic. Both blinded by hate.

All they care about is their party and not their country like they should be caring about.

I disagree. I absolutely DO care about the country, which is why I feel compelled to try and get it back.
It's injuries are not fatal yet, but they will be if we don't turn things around. Please don't stereotype people just because many are that way. It shouldn't be "winner takes all". We should compromise. But currently we have someone in office for whom "winning" is the only way.

(By hook or by crook I might add.)

This whole "winning" thing started by a game show host, must be contagious! Personally, I remain unaffected, but highly cautious.
edit on 6/12/2017 by angeldoll because: bolded "game show host" for my amusement

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I beg to differ. I am arguing that such a lawsuit at this time is frivolous and wasting tax payer money. If they were smart...they would wait until 2018 and then file. At this time, they have no leg to stand on legally.

Well since when are you a legal expert to say such things?
edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Say it all you want. This lawsuit I'm posting about is the consequences of that decision. It's a good thing that you found a media source to sooth your triggered feelings so you don't have to seriously contemplate any of the things I talked about in the OP, right?
edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

This is the big mistake trump and his ilk are making.
He operates from a position of revenge and so he believes that's what is happening here. Good his focus will always be on the wrong thing.

It has nothing to do with revenge but it's advantageous if he thinks that.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you for the link. I was not aware that new update. I will do more research...but for now need to take grandson to doctor appointment.

Has there been any response from Trump or his organization on what he will do instead?

Damn. I must have ATS PTSD! I expected you to come out swinging.

I don't know the answer to your question, and I have to go too. I hope your grandson is okay.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I beg to differ. I am arguing that such a lawsuit at this time is frivolous and wasting tax payer money. If they were smart...they would wait until 2018 and then file. At this time, they have no leg to stand on legally.

Well since when are you a legal expert to say such things?

If you look up and read my last post, I acknowledged to angiedoll that I did not know about Trump Organization stating that they could not ask clients about foreign attributes. I will do more research later. The lawsuit by New York back in January was/is frivolous. At this point, maryland lawsuit will have to prove without a doubt that they have suffered extreme loss due to Trump Hotel. That will be difficult to prove unless Trump Hotel has actually defamated their interests publicly.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ha ha ha.
You're right this is a # show, but it will end...
Oh yes. It will.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

It's frivolous to challenge Trump on the fact that his ownership and continued holding the Presidency is a direct violation of the building's lease?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

Say it all you want. This lawsuit I'm posting about is the consequences of that decision. It's a good thing that you found a media source to sooth your triggered feelings so you don't have to seriously contemplate any of the things I talked about in the OP, right?

I am sorry to bring facts and truth to your little circle jerk with all your pals, but unfortunately, the article I reference is factual and kind of makes your theory look as stupid as it really is.

But keep thinking you have the upper hand in all this, it's really amusing.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What I saw was they said they would, however no guest is being asked the appropriate questions to determine who's money gets donated.
If they don't ever ask how do they separate foreign revenue? It's not like we take foreign currency as payment here in the states.
We don't. In God we may trust but not foreigners. So how do they separate the wheat from the chaff?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Seems like reaching to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah. He ALWAYS says he will, and the Trump supporters buy it every time even as he walks back previous promises on things he said he would do. It's been this song-and-dance with his taxes forever now. This hotel is another example of this game Trump is trying to play with America. Well the liberals are getting fed up and the courts will settle this # once and for all.

And this needs repeating since no one wants to pay attention to it:

If a federal judge allows the case to proceed, Racine and Frosh say, one of the first steps will be to demand through the discovery process copies of Trump’s personal tax returns to gauge the extent of his foreign business dealings.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ambulance-chasers looking for the big one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join