It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Angiedoll posted a current link on page 3 of this thread that shows that Trump organization has pulled back on this promise due to it would not be hospitable to ask every client about their foreign connections.

Edit add: here is here post again...

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thank you for the source!
I am on my phone right now and could not easily source.

That article was written in March. It's JUNE.

Lots of articles about it. Here is one.

The problem begins with identifying who is a representative of a foreign government, the pamphlet says. That would require asking every guest of Trump hotels, along with guests of affiliated bars, restaurants, and spas, if they represent a foreign government. And that “would impede upon personal privacy and diminish the guest experience of our brand,” the pamphlet says.

nymag.com...

edit on 6 12 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: introvert

Googling Trumps hotel comparison pricing shows that DC hotel is quite similar to NY and Chicago. I did see an article from Vanity Fair while googling that did show that the $700 opening rate in DC actually has dropped to $625!

My opinion is that he did not raise any rates after becoming President.

Fair enough. We can mark that off the list.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

There is no violation yet. 2017 profits will be donated after the year is over in 2018.

Or do you think Trump is so amazing he must have psychic abilities and can see the future?

I did not say there were any violations.

I said "if".

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
so do the ag's of a state and district respectively have authority to sue the president?
they have authority in their respective state/district
is this a civil suit or a crimimal suit?

i do not think they have this authority

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

There is no violation yet. 2017 profits will be donated after the year is over in 2018.

Or do you think Trump is so amazing he must have psychic abilities and can see the future?

I said "if".

Completely agree. I will slam trump just as fast and hard as I slammed Obama for doing the wrong thing. I expect in 2018 the funds to be donated. If they are not you can expect me to bash Trump for it.

As of right now, this is fake news and more whining by Liberals.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I said "if".

Completely agree. I will slam trump just as fast and hard as I slammed Obama for doing the wrong thing. I expect in 2018 the funds to be donated. If they are not you can expect me to bash Trump for it.

It is not fake news. It's very real and it is happening.

And it is not Liberals whining. It's two AG's taking the steps they find appropriate.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Trumps hotels have a system set up to track foreign income and to donate it to the US Treasury.

I can't paste a link right now, but it was covered by some media.

I am curious how Obama handled tracking foreign revenue from his book(s) sales while he was president.

Anyone know? I've googled, but I am not really finding anything substantive about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trumps hotels have a system set up to track foreign income and to donate it to the US Treasury.

I am curious how Obama handled tracking foreign revenue from his book(s) sales while he was president.

Anyone know? I've googled, but I am not really finding anything substantive about it.

Great question! (But...it was Obama. The media didn't even ask the question.)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I said "if".

It is not fake news. It's very real and it is happening.

And it is not Liberals whining. It's two AG's taking the steps they find appropriate.

Two liberal AG's whining because they are Liberals. Did Obama get any foreign revenue? Did they file a suit against him? Did Obama even have a plan in place like Trump does?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Funny how DC. and the State of Maryland become the "Constitutional Scholars"..It's like they can't read.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Great question! (But...it was Obama. The media didn't even ask the question.)

While looking into it, I noticed the profits from his last book, "Of Thee I Sing," published in 2010, were donated to a scholarship fund for children of fallen active military.

It's one of those type scholarships where the money is paid directly to the college/university instead of the student, of course. And I can't find any specific info on recipients...but I wonder if Obama has been paid speaking fees at any of those colleges/universities that received scholarship monies?

Boy, wouldn't that be a slick way to filter the profits from that book back to himself, eh?
edit on 12-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Newsflash for MD and DC: Trump is not getting any perks from foreign nations for being President.

Actually, he is.

Remember, he didn't divest himself of his businesses.

Remember that WE pay for his trips to his properties (everything) and he sends us the bill for staying at his own hotels. We also pay him for staff and security staying at his own hotels.

...and the money goes back to him.

He's using the country to enrich himself.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

While looking into it, I noticed the profits from his last book, "Of Thee I Sing," published in 2010, were donated to a scholarship fund for children of fallen active military.

It one of those type scholarships where the money is paid directly to the college/university instead of the student, of course. And I can't find any specific info on recipients...but I wonder if Obama has been paid speaking fees at any of those colleges/universities that received scholarship monies?

Boy, wouldn't that be a slick way to filter the profits from that book back to himself, eh?

Do find a link, please. Multiple other reports of his "charities" say that he either donates nothing or gets someone to do a donation and then say it's his donation (and presumably takes it off his taxes.)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Two liberal AG's whining because they are Liberals.

No. It's two AG's filing lawsuits because they feel there are conflicts of interest/potential violations within their jurisdiction. That is their jobs.

It is not two butthurt Liberals whining about Trump. If that were true, I would agree with you, but that is not the case.

Did Obama get any foreign revenue? Did they file a suit against him? Did Obama even have a plan in place like Trump does?

Not that I know of. Obama did not have properties in those locations. You cannot compare the two.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Trump could have stayed private, behind the scenes and manipulated those who he wants out of office (the swamp) and could have made tons of money.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

It one of those type scholarships where the money is paid directly to the college/university instead of the student, of course. And I can't find any specific info on recipients...but I wonder if Obama has been paid speaking fees at any of those colleges/universities that received scholarship monies?

Do find a link, please. Multiple other reports of his "charities" say that he either donates nothing or gets someone to do a donation and then say it's his donation (and presumably takes it off his taxes.)

I was referring to Obama. Are you?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Good question. It would be helpful to know what past president's did with foreign received monies. For example:

The U.S. Embassy in Egypt, for instance, spent $28,636 in August 2009 for copies of Mr. Obama’s best-selling 1995 memoir. Six weeks earlier, the embassy had placed another order for the same book for more than $9,000, federal purchasing records show.

About the same time, halfway around the world, the U.S. Embassy in South Korea had the same idea and spent more than $6,000 for copies of “Dreams From My Father.”

One month later, the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, spent more than $3,800 for hardcover copies of the Indonesian version of Mr. Obama’s “The Audacity of Hope,” records show.

Washington Times Article 2011
edit on 6 12 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Speaking AS someone who's authored books, he got very little.

They give a nice advance... BUT... after the book comes out, you have to REPAY the advance before you get any money. So, the $5,000 advance I got for my book (sounds lovely, right?) was being repaid to the publishing company at 75 cents per book (not dollars. Cents.) Because I wasn't a headline author (someone with 20 books or more), my books were pulled and sent to the pulper within two months (this is standard practice. If the author acts fast, they can buy their own books at a big discount and then resell them. )

Anyway, with your books pulped, they don't sell (of course) and the book publisher doesn't have to pay you royalties.

Fun gig, huh?

This really IS how it works.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I was referring to Obama. Are you?

Oh. Sorry. OP referred to Trump. I thought you were talking about him. You could probably check Obama's tax returns (which are public) and find out.
edit on 12-6-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No, but we can look at Obamas failed 'green initatives' and foray into 'venture capitalism' that have led to almost 2000 investigations and over 500 convictions. 80 billion in US taxpayer monies. He gave kickback to all the companies who contributed to him and to me that is much much worse.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join