It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DAVID64
Dems whining again? Who'da thought. Jesus Christ. Does the sh** show ever end with you people?

Lawsuits aren't "whining". Lawsuits are how to legally fight back at someone you feel is aggrieving you.

Its whining when you know you can take the lawsuit to your activist judge friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I do not have a dog in this fight, as I'm not a fan of Trump and at the same time I do not want to see him impeached, but I think it is illogical for you to come to his defense in this case when it does not appear that you are a legal scholar and the AG's complaint seems legitimate.

It would be best to sit back and wait to see what comes of this. Too many of you are putting yourselves in very tough positions that may end up leaving you with much egg on your face.

Sorry, that is all I see him doing. Not sitting back raising hotel rates to make some money.

Do you know what the rates are now compared to before? As we know, Trump is not beyond trying to make money off of his candidacy and presidency. Look at what he did with membership rates at Mar a Lago.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The AGs of DC and Maryland aren't "your activist judge friend" no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Do you know what the rates are now compared to before? As we know, Trump is not beyond trying to make money off of his candidacy and presidency. Look at what he did with membership rates at Mar a Lago.

Didn't the hotel just open? I know he doubled the rates of his Mar A Lago club (they were allegedly scheduled to already go up, but I don't believe that for a second), but that's down in Florida so it doesn't pertain to this lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Didn't the hotel just open? I know he doubled the rates of his Mar A Lago club (they were allegedly scheduled to already go up, but I don't believe that for a second), but that's down in Florida so it doesn't pertain to this lawsuit.

I'm unsure of when the hotel opened. If it did open recently, it would be hard to make a before and after comparison.

And I know Mar a Lago is not part of the lawsuit. I'm using it as an example of Trump using his position for profit.
edit on 12-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
No whining.
No bickering.
No name-calling.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
and after this gets thrown out i hope mr tsessions fires the ag of dc if he can being the district of columbia is run by the feds its not a state so dc ag should work for justice department. these obama appointees and democraps are grasping at straws like a who sleeps with mothers aren't they.truly can't we bring sedition charges against them for their behavior?

link   
a reply to: introvert

The hotel opened in 2016. It was approved in 2013.

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Republicans have lost all moral authority. The Constitution is only a document to use when Republicans wants to purge.

Is that all it is? Believing you and your ilk are morally superior?

Wanna show me where? Because I can point out how unconstitutional the Obama admin was throughout the last 8 years. and not a single democrat cared about the constitution then.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The AGs of DC and Maryland aren't "your activist judge friend" no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

Did I say they were?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The hotel opened in 2016. It was approved in 2013.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You said the phrase not me. If you weren't talking about them, then why even mention it in the first place? To obfuscate the topic? Because that would be trolling.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is what I think you all need for this thread...

static.pexels.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My point was this is not the first time this has been brought up. It is not about psuedo-legal advice either.
It is a simple matter that I have read about many 'Ethics lawyers' discussing in articles about how they feel it is pay to play. I understand the line of thought but staying at a hotel and dropping a few grand for a few nights is not going to buy favors unlike people who contributed to other people in realm of very large amounts.

It is a waste. It will create a new story since the Comey story is not in the forefront for the MSM and that is it. I just think there are more important things for those AG's to do like clean up DC's streets.

As far as rates I do not know of any changes in recent months and have had some friends stay there. it is a beautuful property and I plan to stay there in October. However, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin lives there so I am surprised no one has investigated that.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

LOL So if you are right and Trump is "lining his pockets" with hotel receipts for a few foreign dignitaries that stay in his hotel, lets do the math...

maybe tens of thousands of dollars in hotel receipts (being generous here) - overhead costs = Wow! hes rolling in dough!!

Get real. A multi-millionaire has got to have more elaborate schemes than that that NET them in the millions in un-traceable funs. Donald gets that through his collusion with the RUSSIANS!!

You and others are so desperate to get anything on Trump you throw common sense out with the window.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

Could you cogently explain just exactly how "your tax dollars" are lining Trumps pocket?

Act like I'm from Missouri and lay out that path for all to see.

Show us something that is proof he's benefitting any more than he would as private citizen Trump.

I think this was meant for Crazy KrazyShot

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I understand the line of thought but staying at a hotel and dropping a few grand for a few nights is not going to buy favors unlike people who contributed to other people in realm of very large amounts

It's not about buying favors. This is a matter of ethics and the standards we have for sitting presidents.

It is a waste. It will create a new story since the Comey story is not in the forefront for the MSM and that is it. I just think there are more important things for those AG's to do like clean up DC's streets.

That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. But if these AG's feel there is a clear conflict, it is their right to go forward as they see fit. It's not a waste. It's holding people accountable if they are violating a standard we put in place.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Googling Trumps hotel comparison pricing shows that DC hotel is quite similar to NY and Chicago. I did see an article from Vanity Fair while googling that did show that the $700 opening rate in DC actually has dropped to $625!

My opinion is that he did not raise any rates after becoming President.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trumps hotels have a system set up to track foreign income and to donate it to the US Treasury.

I can't paste a link right now, but it was covered by some media.

How do you know? Got any evidence saying it is true? I'm calling this fake news until you can demonstrate otherwise.

Is it 2018 yet?

The Trump Organization will wait until 2018 to make its first annual donation to the U.S. Treasury on any profits it earns from foreign government officials who stay at one of President Donald Trump’s luxury hotels, a company official said Friday.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There is no violation yet. 2017 profits will be donated after the year is over in 2018.

Or do you think Trump is so amazing he must have psychic abilities and can see the future?
edit on 12-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join