It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath
So this is happening. Bout time if you ask me.

Attorneys general for the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland say they will sue President Trump on Monday, alleging that he has violated anti-corruption clauses in the Constitution by accepting millions in payments and benefits from foreign governments since moving into the White House.

The lawsuit, the first of its kind brought by government entities, centers on the fact that Trump chose to retain ownership of his company when he became president. Trump said in January that he was shifting his business assets into a trust managed by his sons to eliminate potential conflicts of interests.

“Fundamental to a President’s fidelity to [faithfully execute his oath of office] is the Constitution’s demand that the President ... disentangle his private finances from those of domestic and foreign powers. Never before has a President acted with such disregard for this constitutional prescription.”

You can't wave this one away as fake news. No undisclosed sources here. Oh, by the way. Here is the best part:

If a federal judge allows the case to proceed, Racine and Frosh say, one of the first steps will be to demand through the discovery process copies of Trump’s personal tax returns to gauge the extent of his foreign business dealings. That fight would most likely end up before the Supreme Court, the two said, with Trump’s attorneys having to defend why the returns should remain private.

That's right, we may be able to see Trump's taxes after. See Donald, you are wrong, we DO care about your taxes and yes we DO still want to see them. This lawsuit is an example of this.

Maryland and DC say they are extra aggrieved by Trump's business shenanigans.

The suit by D.C. and Maryland says the two jurisdictions are faced with an “intolerable dilemma” to either go along with the Trump Organization getting special treatment, including possible lost local revenue or “deny such requests and be placed at a disadvantage vis-à-vis states and other government entities that have granted or will agree to such concessions.”

edit on 12-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jun 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Trumps hotels have a system set up to track foreign income and to donate it to the US Treasury.

I can't paste a link right now, but it was covered by some media.

+38 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Dems whining again? Who'da thought. Jesus Christ. Does the sh** show ever end with you people?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As a liberal I would rather have Trump than Pence. But it looks like the right media is going full bore on getting Trump out.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trumps hotels have a system set up to track foreign income and to donate it to the US Treasury.

How do you know? Got any evidence saying it is true? I'm calling this fake news until you can demonstrate otherwise.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Dems whining again? Who'da thought. Jesus Christ. Does the sh** show ever end with you people?

I thought the Constitution and the rule of law was important. I guess not.

+19 more 
link   
You know the Democrat loons are desperate with they try invoking the Constitution as a steadfast charter instead of a 'living, breathing, dynamic document."

The emoluments clause does not apply.

"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state."

Newsflash for MD and DC: Trump is not getting any perks from foreign nations for being President.

This is a whole lot of nothing, but it will possibly appear on headlines for a bit to keep manufacturing scandal.

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Lawsuits aren't "whining". Lawsuits are how to legally fight back at someone you feel is aggrieving you.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

They just wont stop, real burned on this crap, what president hasnt earned income outside they're presidential salary and the Russian collusion is so annoying, where were you when obama "colluded" with Russia to help with Iran's nuclear program? Why werent so many liberals concerned of the fact Bernie Sanders was in love with russia, flew the Russian flag, spent vacations and honeymoons there and wanted our system just like Russia? This bickering butt hurt shenanigans is getting to be too much... OMG, trump said hello to Russia "IMPEACH, IMPEACH" ya know, this is not the 1980's btw, having good ties with russia isnt a bad idea. And who cares what trump does with his monies, its not our to decide, move on.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Newsflash for MD and DC: Trump is not getting any perks from foreign nations for being President.

How do you know? Because you think it is true?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I also heard Trump changes diapers at the local orphanage during his free time. Dear leader makes me cry!

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Lol, more hysteria going nowhere.

...and OP... NO ... some upset liberals bringing a law suit (which is easy to do) does not lead a conclusion that 'we' want to see Trump's tax returns. Liberals smarting at their loss (still) and anti-Trumpers do.

Looks like the latest hail mary pass after the 'obstruction of justice' and 'collusion' hail mary's landed uncaught in the endzone.

Once this one bounces harmlessly under the goal posts, it will be 4th down. My advice would be to punt.

edit on 12/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hope springs eternal even for hypocritical and deceitful traitors I reckon. Gluttons for another smackdown ala letdown.. Bon appetit!
edit on 12-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You've gone from scrapping to burning a hole at the bottom of the barrel.

I mean, I'll extend and olive branch and say, go right ahead with these cases, Trump will just continue on. This is even more ammunition for dems to lose seats.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Right. Now Democrats are worried about the law. You people are such hypocrites. You can't get over losing so badly, that you have to make every move Trump makes into some great scandal. I'm just going to start reacting to anti Trump threads the way Democrats react to everything Trump does.
Therefore...........

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Hope springs eternal even for hypocritical and deceitful traitors I reckon. Gluttons for another smackdown. Bon appetit!

The special touch are the kind fellas displaying the handy messages to would be bribers for the Trump admin. Just some Americans doing their civic duty and helping out their President.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Annddd this thread will be shot down by trmpbots, like so many where the topic isn't trump-friendly.
It will be gone in 2hrs, 4hrs tops, drained in "SOME (unknown beyond US-borders) DEMOCRAT DID SOMETHING!" threads, as usual.

Trmpbots, we know your spiel.

I think you should know that.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Republicans have lost all moral authority. The Constitution is only a document to use when Republicans wants to purge.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: The GUT
Hope springs eternal even for hypocritical and deceitful traitors I reckon. Gluttons for another smackdown. Bon appetit!

The special touch are the kind fellas displaying the handy messages to would be bribers for the Trump admin. Just some Americans doing their civic duty and helping out their President.

Civic duty? Nah.
Cry babies ... yes.

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: BlueAjah

How do you know? Got any evidence saying it is true? I'm calling this fake news until you can demonstrate otherwise.

Source link

Looks like it will be 2018 before foreign monies in his hotels will be donated to the Treasury. According to the article, it will be calculated during their normal financial processing and a lump sum distribution will be donated at that time.

So, it seems like one would have to wait until then to state that he is not following through as his attorneys have detailed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join