It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey: Democratic Operative, Undercover as a Republican

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Since James Comey testified last Thursday I've been contemplating what it means about him. We all know what he testified about (he debunked a large number of left wing conspiracies, excoriated the media, painted trump as unnerving, etc) but what did his testimony reveal about himself and his past actions on investigations?

The most compelling thought I keep having is that he's a democrat, through and through. I mean, let's think about his actions over the years. He first broke onto the scene in 2004 when he rushed to the hospital to ensure that illegal domestic spying wasn't reauthorized by AG Ashcroft. Regardless of what you think of domestic spying today at that point it was still a fairly popular idea and the republicans were pushing it hard while the democrats were resisting it. Republican's said "I've got nothing to hide, who cares" Democrats screamed about civil liberties (and rightly so). So here is James Comey standing in opposition to the republican president and a popular republican idea (at the time). Amazing how much courage he had in the face of a Republican president, isn't it?

In 2013, One of the leftmost presidents we have had in recent history appoints James Comey as FBI director. If there's one thing I know about Obama, it's that he was not a reach across the isle kind of guy. He was a my way or the highway kind of guy. Not saying that's a bad thing for the president to be, just noting a general observation that flies in the face of appointing someone like Comey to a position that has so much power if he's likely to be a thorn in your side (unless of course he isn't going to be a pain in your side).

Fast forward to the Hillary investigation. Comey refused to acknowledge that there was such an investigation. The investigation was ongoing from late 2014 until mid 2016, yet Comey did not confirm the existence of such an investigation until February 8th, 2016. And actually that wasn't even Comey who confirmed it, that was general counsel for the FBI who refused to confirm it until judicial watch forced them to disclose it. Comey (as far as I can find) didn't acknowledge the investigation until his famous press conference.

Then in July of 2016 Comey went on record to do what RINO's do, speak republican while performing actions that help democrats. Comey laid out a rock solid case against Hillary, then went on to say, not only that he didn't recommend prosecution but, that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges against her. Now why did Comey take this unprecedented step? Well, because his boss (lynch) had completely destroyed her credibility. Had she not pursued the clinton case, it may have been very damaging to hillary. As information leaked out of the FBI by disgrutled agents obama would have been pressed to pardon hillary as she clearly violated the law. But comey sacrificed his credibility, for the profit of democrats.

Then on October 28th of 2016 Comey unexpectedly announced the investigation into Clinton was re-opened, some may think that this was meant to help trump or harm Clinton, but take a look at the polls. Hillary had been on a slide since October 17th and Trump had been gaining ground. A 7 point lead had evaporated and moved within the margin of error on the majority of the polls. Trump saw a small bump following this revelation but then comey cleared Clinton again (she was a victim!!!) and Clinton began padding her lead again. Lynch didn't try to stop comey from releasing this information to congress either, which is odd considering her other behavior involving the Clinton email probe.

Then the Trump Russia conspiracy begins and the FBI quickly jumps on board with a report saying Russia helped Trump win the election. Odd that it took over a year to confirm the existence of the Hillary email probe but within a month the FBI was ready to publicly back conclusions by other agencies about their ongoing investigations.

A few months later Comey is called in front of congress and refuses to acknowledge any sort of ongoing investigations (The clinton foundation, the continuous leaks of classified info and damaging info to president Trump), except the russia probe, which he doesn't try too hard to keep separated from Trump. The one other thing he can comment on? That the Obama wiretapping tweets are unsupported (despite public evidence that they're not) as far as he knows.

Then comey gets fired, leaks information aimed at damaging a Republican president who is not under investigation (by Comey's own admission), testifies that he himself was a coward, testifies that he obeyed lynch furthering her (democratic) political purposes, yet wouldn't come out and say Trump wasn't under investigation for months, despite having told Trump that he wasn't, himself?

Are you noticing a pattern? Everything this man does benefits Democrats at the expense of Republicans. Odd, isn't it? It's almost as if he was a democrat who just registers as a republican to seem somehow impartial. "I vote for republicans but I help the democrats every chance I get!"
edit on 12-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I call it payback time, after all he made millions working by associations with the Clintons, minions. He may not had liked the Clintons directly but money is a powerful deterrent, been associated with the Clintons means you have to give back favors in full.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Since James Comey testified last Thursday I've been contemplating what it means about him. We all know what he testified about (he debunked a large number of left wing conspiracies, excoriated the media, painted trump as unnerving, etc) but what did his testimony reveal about himself and his past actions on investigations?

The most compelling thought I keep having is that he's a democrat, through and through. I mean, let's think about his actions over the years. He first broke onto the scene in 2004 when he rushed to the hospital to ensure that illegal domestic spying wasn't reauthorized by AG Ashcroft. Regardless of what you think of domestic spying today at that point it was still a fairly popular idea and the republicans were pushing it hard while the democrats were resisting it. Republican's said "I've got nothing to hide, who cares" Democrats screamed about civil liberties (and rightly so). So here is James Comey standing in opposition to the republican president and a popular republican idea (at the time). Amazing how much courage he had in the face of a Republican president, isn't it?

In 2013, One of the leftmost presidents we have had in recent history appoints James Comey as FBI director. If there's one thing I know about Obama, it's that he was not a reach across the isle kind of guy. He was a my way or the highway kind of guy. Not saying that's a bad thing for the president to be, just noting a general observation that flies in the face of appointing someone like Comey to a position that has so much power if he's likely to be a thorn in your side (unless of course he isn't going to be a pain in your side).

Fast forward to the Hillary investigation. Comey refused to acknowledge that there was such an investigation. The investigation was ongoing from late 2014 until mid 2016, yet Comey did not confirm the existence of such an investigation until February 8th, 2016. And actually that wasn't even Comey who confirmed it, that was general counsel for the FBI who refused to confirm it until judicial watch forced them to disclose it. Comey (as far as I can find) didn't acknowledge the investigation until his famous press conference.

Then in July of 2016 Comey went on record to do what RINO's do, speak republican while performing actions that help democrats. Comey laid out a rock solid case against Hillary, then went on to say, not only that he didn't recommend prosecution but, that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges against her. Now why did Comey take this unprecedented step? Well, because his boss (lynch) had completely destroyed her credibility. Had she not pursued the clinton case, it may have been very damaging to hillary. As information leaked out of the FBI by disgrutled agents obama would have been pressed to pardon hillary as she clearly violated the law. But comey sacrificed his credibility, for the profit of democrats.

Then on October 28th of 2016 Comey unexpectedly announced the investigation into Clinton was re-opened, some may think that this was meant to help trump or harm Clinton, but take a look at the polls. Hillary had been on a slide since October 17th and Trump had been gaining ground. A 7 point lead had evaporated and moved within the margin of error on the majority of the polls. Trump saw a small bump following this revelation but then comey cleared Clinton again (she was a victim!!!) and Clinton began padding her lead again. Lynch didn't try to stop comey from releasing this information to congress either, which is odd considering her other behavior involving the Clinton email probe.

Then the Trump Russia conspiracy begins and the FBI quickly jumps on board with a report saying Russia helped Trump win the election. Odd that it took over a year to confirm the existence of the Hillary email probe but within a month the FBI was ready to publicly back conclusions by other agencies about their ongoing investigations.

A few months later Comey is called in front of congress and refuses to acknowledge any sort of ongoing investigations (The clinton foundation, the continuous leaks of classified info and damaging info to president Trump), except the russia probe, which he doesn't try too hard to keep separated from Trump. The one other thing he can comment on? That the Obama wiretapping tweets are unsupported (despite public evidence that they're not) as far as he knows.

Then comey gets fired, leaks information aimed at damaging a Republican president who is not under investigation (by Comey's own admission), testifies that he himself was a coward, testifies that he obeyed lynch furthering her (democratic) political purposes, yet wouldn't come out and say Trump wasn't under investigation for months, despite having told Trump that he wasn't, himself?

Are you noticing a pattern? Everything this man does benefits Democrats at the expense of Republicans. Odd, isn't it? It's almost as if he was a democrat who just registers as a republican to seem somehow impartial. "I vote for republicans but I help the democrats every chance I get!"

How did he Make millions from Clinton? His assets are listed as stocks like exxon?

You listed an incredibly small amount of the man's work cherry picked for your statement.

Are those seriously the only cases you think he ever worked on?

How would reopening yhe Clinton case which has lost her the election a democratic move?

I think you just don't like him going after your hero.

James comey has absolutely zero reputation of being a democratic operative.

The issue here is the doj has become politicized somete during Clinton and has gotten worse with every administration. Though Bush's was terrific at trampling major Privacy constitutional matters. Hence why a US prosecutor would go after such a thing. Since then you may have noticed the supreme court cases in the matter giving legal precedence.

It could be you don't understand what us prosecutors and how the legal system works.

Is Rand Paul a democratic plant, how about lee, Amash, the freedom caucus etc?

Is a democratic operative just someone who doesn't read a script for their party like 99 percent of politicians do.

edit on 12-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If my memory serves me correctly, July of 2016 also saw Comey dropping out of the Republican Party.

Politico
But RINO is definitely the correct term to refer to Comey....

The FBI director, who previously served as deputy attorney general in George W. Bush's administration before President Barack Obama appointed him to his current position, donated to the presidential campaigns of John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Just....no. *eyeroll*

James Comey is not an operative for the Dems. If he were, then Hillary would be President.

He would have revealed the investigation into Trump's campaign and withheld the information about Hillary's server investigation. He would have included a targeted investigation against Trump himself at the very beginning.

He would not have sent a letter to Chafetz and crew during early voting saying they found more to investigate. (Chafetz leaked it of course) He only sent that letter to Republicans on the committee.

Hmmmm. Maybe he's a republican operative working for the moderates!!!!!!!

But seriously. No.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If my memory serves me correctly, July of 2016 also saw Comey dropping out of the Republican Party.

Politico

The FBI director, who previously served as deputy attorney general in George W. Bush's administration before President Barack Obama appointed him to his current position, donated to the presidential campaigns of John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

So in other words if you don't read the script directly from the party you are not a real republican. Ron Paul must have been a democratic plant this whole time, he costantly went against republicans as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There are some lawmen who are not partisan but just like to uphold the law blindly.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: butcherguy

Politico

So in other words if you don't read the script directly from the party you are not a real republican. Ron Paul must have been a democratic plant this whole time, he costantly went against republicans as well.

Are you a Republican?
I have never referred to Ron Paul as a RINO, mainly because he is a libertarian.
Most Republicans today are RINO's in my opinion.
edit on b000000302017-06-12T07:37:18-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 12 Jun 2017 07:37:18 -0500700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
.a reply to: Dfairlite

It is pretty clear that James Comey, even by his own
admission in college was torn between two ideals.

It appears he gave into supporting communism
under Obama administration.

Also, why does he send his elderly father into
the swamp gators media to defend him?

That seems cowardly.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It may seem like an odd concept, but Comey is a man that does not look in to his personal political beliefs before he makes a decision on the job. He looks at the constitution and the letter of the law.

People have a hard time grasping that.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

"He would have revealed the investigation into Trump's campaign and withheld the information about Hillary's server investigation."

Maybe you should actually read the OP, that's exactly what he did. The problem is that the russia BS didn't exist early enough to stop Trump.

"He only sent that letter to Republicans on the committee."
That's a lie. Clinton even apologized for saying that because it was proven incorrect.
www.politifact.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

LOL. That's why he disregarded all of the rules/policies for his historic press conference? Because he just follows the rules as they're written? I swear, some of you have zero critical thinking skills.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good find

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I did make a mistake on the claim regarding "only Republicans got the letter." Mea Culpa.

The FBI Investigation of the Trump Campaign began back in July of 2016. Comey did not reveal anything about this even while Clinton's servers were brought out very publicly by Comey during the same time period.

Link

He did the opposite of your claim.

And the Russia issue is far from being BS. I will leave it at that. All shall be revealed in time...

edit on 12-6-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Comey is simply not a good fit in this administration. Comey believes he is morally and intellectually superior to everybody, imo, no matter the fake self-effacing act.

He seems to live in his head always second-guessing "the meaning" behind someone's conversation.

He isn't really a straightforward get-it-done kind of individual, imo. His common sense seems to be lacking and I think Trump just grew tired of his lagging and pussyfooting around, and probably Comey's awkward persona when around him.

The weird way Comey expressed himself in his written statement is a good example.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm hopeful that President Trump will testify and explain EXACTLY why he was planning on firing James Comey all along. We've heard what the President has allegedly said about him, but those things were from the rumor mill...ie. "unnamed sources".

Trump knows more about Comey's personal traits than we do, due to the many work-related job reviews, and personality tests he's taken over the years.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

He first broke onto the scene in 2004 when he rushed to the hospital to ensure that illegal domestic spying wasn't reauthorized by AG Ashcroft.

Been in the scene a lot longer than that.
In 1996, Comey acted as deputy special counsel to the Senate Whitewater Committee, you know, when the Clintons got off?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It may seem like an odd concept, but Comey is a man that does not look in to his personal political beliefs before he makes a decision on the job. He looks at the constitution and the letter of the law.

People have a hard time grasping that.

I don't agree. Every single thing he's done has been to the benefit to himself or the Democrats.

His announcement on Hillary was clearly an attempt to come clean because he probably had data that Trump was going to win and he'd be found out as a shill.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Hmmm.... I didn't hear about that. I just remember the 2004 episode.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join