It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN catches up with ATS..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
after about a year or so....
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
good call, Fry. We've been talking about that technology for a long time now here.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah I posted that in Sci-Tech this morning. Amazingly destructive gun.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The metalstorm weapons have some agreeable traits. But I prefur how H&K solved the caseless ammo contest.

THIS is my all time firearms favorite!

Think deadly, think to survive.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't discussion about the attributes of this technology one of the core issues that resulted in the "Moron Award" being given to FreeMason (a toungue-in-cheek award that he took completely wrong)? And as a result, his first big flame-out here?

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, pride is a mortal sin; but it is rather gratifying to be that far ahead of the drivel-merchants. There was a well-informed discussion about this a good long time ago (as noted above).
Onwards and upwards!

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ADVISOR, I hate to say it, but I calculated the muzzle energy of the G11 to be about 520 foot pounds of energy, which is about what a decent .357 magnum revolver does from a 6 inch barrel at the muzzle. Compare that to the 2600 foot pounds of energy from the 7.62mm NATO/.308 Winchester round of this...

www.springfield-armory.com...

Well, no contest in my mind anyway.

As far as the weapons knowledge of our former illustrious Freemason, when he was later reincarnated as Hammerite, he more than showed his apptitude for the mantel of the Moron Award when he decided to debate me on modern assault weapons, and it became readily apparent that he had never shouldered a weapon in his life.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The cyclic rate is pretty impressive. 2100 RPM WOW!

top topics

join