It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is This a Thing!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

THIS ANTI-AGING START-UP IS CHARGING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR TEEN BLOOD

Like most plot points on HBO’s Silicon Valley, a recent episode in which tech oligarch Gavin Belson receives blood transfusions from a “blood boy” to help keep him young is actually rooted in reality—just ask Peter Thiel. “I’m looking into parabiosis stuff, which I think is really interesting. This is where they did the young blood into older mice and they found that had a massive rejuvenating effect,” the tech billionaire and Trump adviser told Inc. magazine. “I think there are a lot of these things that have been strangely under-explored.” Jesse Karmazin agrees. His start-up, Ambrosia, is charging about $8,000 a pop for blood transfusions from people under 25, Karmazin said at Code Conference on Wednesday. Ambrosia, which buys its blood from blood banks, now has about 100 paying customers. Some are Silicon Valley technologists, like Thiel, though Karmazin stressed that tech types aren’t Ambrosia’s only clients, and that anyone over 35 is eligible for its transfusions.
www.vanityfair.com...

Ok this is a bit vampiresque, so a bunch of rich ol farts with nothing wrong with them other than aging, are able to buy the blood of teens, donated freely with the teen's expectations that the blood would be used for some sort of emergency , how is that even legal , not saying that it's not, but it seems to me it should not be legal.
It's not even clear that the transfusion helps in anyway to slow the aging process as it did in lab rats.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I'm not saying that using the blood of people younger than me has afforded me health and vitality because that would mean I am admitting we do in fact eat babies at Lodge.

But we don't. Honestly.

This story is funny because I keep picturing the scene from Silicon Valley and knowing the kid gave Gavin high cholesterol.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

All you need to know is the ones with the $$$ will pay anything, do anything, to stick around as long as they can to enjoy it.

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This story is funny because I keep picturing the scene from Silicon Valley and knowing the kid gave Gavin high cholesterol.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The removal of a persons blood would seem to have some pretty negative effects. Selling your life, literally.

Cool idea though.

Can't wait till we are producing blood in factories

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

All you need to know is the ones with the $$$ will pay anything, do anything, to stick around as long as they can to enjoy it.

peace

But life right this minute is finite, they should be enjoying it while it last instead of worrying that it will end.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

i think your net worth determines if you will get in trouble.

i dont know for sure but i would think if a person is willing to sell someone their blood then no law broken? i dont know...

cant sell sex but can sell blood. sure that makes sense

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i think your net worth determines if you will get in trouble.

i dont know for sure but i would think if a person is willing to sell someone their blood then no law broken? i dont know...

cant sell sex but can sell blood. sure that makes sense

But apparently they did not buy it from donors the teens gave it to the blood banks and they turned around and sold it to that anti aging start up.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the issue is, people sell their blood/plasma all the time, you can get about 50 dollars per visit.

People make money from their bodies legally all the time, plasm, hair, eggs, surrogates, breast milk, sperm and plenty of others.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

They had a movie, I think it was call "Daybreakers", where vamps where able to buy a synthetic blood product.

In the real world, they used to sell a blood energy drink, so mass marketing is just around the corner.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I'm not sure what the issue is, people sell their blood/plasma all the time, you can get about 50 dollars per visit.

People make money from their bodies legally all the time, plasm, hair, eggs, surrogates, breast milk, sperm and plenty of others.

but not sex? Why is that taboo?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How do they know that it is teens blood ? I was not aware that a blood bank kept those sort of statistics on donated blood but I suppose maybe they do. I don't remember ever being asked my age when I donated blood but it maybe I just don't remember. Kinda weird especially since they have no idea this even works. Seems like selling blood under these circumstances, medical claims that are unsubstantiated would be illegal, but if they want to waste money then so be it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
to me it just shows that the old sayings, a fool and his money are soon parted is true, or, some people have more money than sense.

i mean if there was any real basis for young blood having a rejuvenating effect in humans, it would have been seen a long time ago in the hospitals and other medical fields. they have only been doing blood transfusions for 200 plus years.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yes but the blood is given to the bank by donors, I mean the times that I donated blood, all I got was orange juice and cookies.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

its very strange.

sell any of your fluids...totally cool
sex for free...totally cool
sell sex...prison

figure that # out

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
How do they know that it is teens blood ? I was not aware that a blood bank kept those sort of statistics on donated blood but I suppose maybe they do. I don't remember ever being asked my age when I donated blood but it maybe I just don't remember. Kinda weird especially since they have no idea this even works. Seems like selling blood under these circumstances, medical claims that are unsubstantiated would be illegal, but if they want to waste money then so be it.

But here is where it gets a bit dangerous, most ppl will not take the time to go donate blood, unless it's a family emergency , people reading this, may not be inclined to donate knowing someone is turning a buck off their generosity and this is a scarce resource to begin with, that's we periodically have blood drives.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

i mean if there was any real basis for young blood having a rejuvenating effect in humans, it would have been seen a long time ago

Well conspiracy theories have been suggesting the elite have been sacrificing children for a long time, maybe it is blood letting for a purpose rather than just a ritualistic sacrifice.

If you look at the expulsion of Jewish people from many countries over the century's it is usually accompanied by stories of blood letting and sacrifice of children.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am pretty sure blood has a shelf life. I see no issue in selling donated blood that would soon be no longer useful for it's intended purpose.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

show me just one old rich bastard that's been made young by getting blood transfusions.
there is not one shred of evidence that proves this.

think about all the blood transfusions that take place everyday, both emergency blood transfusions and treatment transfusions for cancer and such. not one report of any one getting younger, or getting youthful traits, not one.
edit on 11-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

youre right though.
people though maybe on the fringe have long been theorizing about it though.
not just scientists either. look at elizabeth bathory. serial killer. didnt transfuse the blood but used to bathe in it cause she thought it made her look/feel younger.'
long been subjects of sci fi # too.

when youre stupid rich why not right?
you either get younger or you get the hep
eh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join