It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Play Depicts Assassination of President Trump In Re-imagining Of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's obvious. The only option is to stop buying into it and devoting so much mental energy into this charade.

This whole thing is a psyop, look at how divided we are, just like they want it.

This. I used to love coming to ATS, did it multiple times daily. Now? I go to Reddit and sometimes Twitter. But the non-stop threads about Trump, Russia-Russia-Russia has turned me off, which is sad because I love this site and some of the folks here are bright, intelligent, sarcastic and great to discuss things with.

But things started to shift about a year ago. The antifa-Never-Trumpers started posting. And posting. And posting.

It's not that I don't appreciate alternative view points/have an open mind, but this was different. It appeared to be paid trolling, people driven by money, not opinions or ideas, to muck up and clutter my favorite site. Sigh...

I hung in there for a while, but then I gave up. Didn't check ATS hardly at all for months. I missed it though and am trying to avoid certain topics and posters in the hopes that I will once again enjoy ATS like I used to.

It's exhausting. All this propaganda, rhetoric, fake news and lies. I felt like it was adding stress to my life, so I got rid of our cable TV because I'm just so tired of hearing this BS. No, that doesn't mean triggered dear trolls. It means I'd rather tune out than listen/hear the BS.

Now all we have is a Roku to stream. I ditched all my paid subscriptions to HBO (mainly bc of Bill Maher), Showtime, etc. and signed back up with Sling TV which we had before but it really sucked. We cut the cable years ago, before it was the hipster thing to do, lol...And I do not miss it one bit.

So, I sign in to Sling and what fake-news channel do they offer? CNN. SMDH. WTAF? There's something called Newsy and Bloomberg, but CNN? Really Sling??

We'll see, but I doubt if we keep it. May quit at the end of the free week and sign back up when The Walking Dead comes back on.

edit on 11-6-2017 by lovebeck because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What's the big deal?

Conservatives have been hanging Obama effigies from trees and comparing Michelle to a gorilla or ape on multiple occasions.

Don't tell me that conservatives can't handle it when the other side does the same thing they've been doing for the past 8 years?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As much a the "conservative" wing of this site give the "modern liberal" crap for clamping down on free speech, they sure do get upset at the practice of free speech.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think it is very appropriate.

Julius Caesar brought about the end of the Roman Republic, which had been dying for some time. He ended a crippling succession of civil wars based on factional power struggles by killing off the leader of every faction and arrogating all their power to himself. He made a mockery of the ancient institutions of Roman republican government by having himself elected to multiple offices and subverting them to his own ends.

The men who murdered him were patriots, or believed themselves such; but in killing Caesar they destroyed all the ancient institutions he had come to embody, abolished law and order and reignited the civil war.

The American republic is currently undergoing a similar tribulation. Its laws and institutions are under threat from power-hungry factions. Those in power care nothing for either history or posterity. The threat of violence is everywhere. The comparison may be stretched too far, but it has enough pertinence to justify a Julius Caesar in modern dress with a Trumpalike dictator who gets assassinated.

Though if you ask me, it's an insult to Caesar.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
just a bunch of sheep jumping on the hate trump bandwagon

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
just a bunch of sheep jumping on the hate trump bandwagon

i never understood the "hate" for elected officials.
people can not agree with a piece of legislation,
people can not agree with a method of diplomacy,
people can not agree with the people appointed to positions of power,

but the hatred focused on a president or any elected official doesn't make sense to me.

the same can be said about the "hate" for hillary clinton.

i just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This has nothing to do with Trump.

Yes.

Clearly.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A black majick attempt to social engineer an assassination?

Sounds about right. Full-spectrum narrative dominance through psy-op and black sciences. We're being hit in every arena & media leads the narrative plots.

Darkness has the reigns. Sometimes bad juju bounces back trice though. Whom the gods would destroy, first they make proud. May it be so.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
As much a the "conservative" wing of this site give the "modern liberal" crap for clamping down on free speech, they sure do get upset at the practice of free speech.

I agree it's protected and should be, but just because you can say it doesn't mean you should.

The true hatemongers are coming into the light.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Sounds about right. Full-spectrum narrative dominance through psy-op and black sciences. We're being hit in every arena & media leads the narrative plots.

Darkness has the reigns. Sometimes bad juju bounces back trice though. Whom the gods would destroy, first they make proud. May it be so.

Yeah. And it's being initiated by the Illuminutty who invented rubber soles in shoes so your natural energies cannot manifest with Earth's resonance....

Ffs.... delusional at best.

Has nothing to do with Trump, lol. People should pick up a book and read about the Roman Empire. People truly do represent a cult following.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You've piqued my curiosity, my friend.

What's the with J in majick? Is that significant?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: eNumbra

I agree it's protected and should be, but just because you can say it doesn't mean you should.

The true hatemongers are coming into the light.

except that it's still just a play, and old play whose characters have been renamed and the settings changed slightly for the sake of publicity because, and don't let the constant strawmen from the right fool you the majority of trump opposition actually wants to see him dead.

Art is supposed to draw emotion from people, controversy like this may be low hanging fruit but to suggest someone "shouldn't say something" is no different the the rights idea of "PC nonsense".

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Low hanging fruit in this sense seems for the decidedly lower sorts to me.

Like I said once already, they have every right to stage it how they want, the onus of their own character is on themselves. Usually a lot of self-hating at the bottom of such folk.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: The GUT

You've piqued my curiosity, my friend.

What's the with J in majick? Is that significant?

Yeah, in an interesting way. We're certainly being manipulated by the mind and sociological sciences. Timeless techniques of control updated for the technological age. It's so rampant, it's becoming increasingly obvious. When I'm at 'puter I'll try and remember to elaborate here or pm maybe.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Who is Brutus? Hillary?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The media.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I feel the same way about this as I did Kathy Griffon. Owell, its not my cup of tea but I respect freedom of speech. The irony of Trump saying "grab her by the pussy" getting a ton of criticism but the looney MF's do something like this.

It will be praised by those leftists who demonized trump because of words.

The reasonable ones will see this for what it is, distasteful.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Well stated. To distasteful I would personally add potentially reckless.

edit on 11-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can we all agree that we support free speech even if it's "reckless" and that the fake outrage is coming from both sides?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Can we all agree that we support free speech even if it's "reckless" and that the fake outrage is coming from both sides?

Absolutely...as long as it isn't on campus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join