It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

It's always been we. Shirts and advertisements changed it to you to sell stuff. But at least the thread reminded me if some songs.
XfR9iY5y94s

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

It was always "you" not 'we' - sorry, it's a Mandela Effect.

For those saying why does it only affect mundane things, the counter point is that it seems to affect popular culture and iconic things.

A top 40 song that was globally popular for years isn't mundane.

Not to mention other affected songs / artists (Prince, Queen) - not mundane.

JFK wasn't mundane.

Hitler wasn't mundane.

A kids book that nearly every kid had isn't mundane.

The Bible isn't mundane.

The most popular soft drink isn't mundane.

An iconic statue, an iconic painting - not mundane.

A missing continent isn't mundane.

Moved continents aren't mundane.

The human body isn't mundane.

The Statue Of Liberty isn't mundane.

Star Trek, I Love Lucy, Sex In The City (etc) weren't mundane (globally popular)..

Star Wars, Field Of Dreams, Forest Gump, Interview With A Vampire (etc) weren't mundane (pop catch phrases, top grossing, popular globally).

Iconic award winning actors (Sally Fields, Christopher Reeves etc) aren't mundane.

The list goes on...

The Mandela Effect doesn't affect only America - and doesn't affect only "mundane" things.

In fact it seems to only affects things that are very very popular.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The more i dive into this ME thing, the more i wonder if we're shifting to multiple realities or if there's just one that is slowly merging...

I'll post a link to your thread in my ME thread because this is interesting.

It's strange when you notice people's behavior has changed overnight from what you remember and they insist that they've always been a certain way. My parents have both changed drastically from the people that raised me and while some things are still the same there are definitely changes. It isn't limited to just pop culture though this is the most readily available discrepancy.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was definitely "We", not "you".

Why? Well, just think about the next lyric, it wouldn't make sense with "you"...

"...because if we don't dance (and if we don't dance) then nobody will."

edit on 6/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

It was always WE, for as far back as I can remember it was WE, Sorry no Mandela effect here, and I hate that it is called Mandela, as ,again, I always remembered Mandeal living and becoming president of South Africa. Hell they even made a movie about called Invictus with Morgan Freeman.

In fact you doesn't make sense in context with the lyrics. For the song to say we except for that one line??

edit on 6/11/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I remember it as "we", does that mean I'm not part of the old timeline?
edit on 6/11/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're part of your own timeline and switched/merged into mine or vice versa it's hard to tell. Listen this sh!t is really complicated to explain because all i have is a theory to go on. Nothing has changed for you because you still remember it like it was. I concluded for myself that to many things have just changed to dismiss it as faulty memory. I never said i was right nor do i try to convince people. I just want to discuss more cases of the ME. As far as i can tell my family didn't change maybe they will in the future i don't know.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
For those arguing the lyrics context...

The lyric is:
Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine

It used to be:
You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind

How does that not make any contextual sense?

You makes perfect contextual sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

All these "Mandela Effects" are nothing more than faulty memory, it is not some grand interdimensional weaving . I honestly can't believe this is even a thing. It was someone having a faulty memory of something then posting it and at that point group think and mass hysteria kicks in .

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Nope.

Sorry you feel that way?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We can dance if we want to
We've got all your life and mine

OK, and contextually WE makes sense here when saying "all your life and mine" when talking about two people, which is what the whole song is talking about it ,would be WE not You. I seriously can't believe Mandela Effect is a thing people believe.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It is not "how I feel" it is the facts and it is reality, to believe in a switching interdimensional mixing of timelines is crazy talk.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
For those arguing the lyrics context...

The lyric is:
Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind

It used to be:
You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind

How does that not make any contextual sense?

You makes perfect contextual sense.

Try looking at the lyrics from the whole song.

I say, we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world

As you can see this refers to more than one person.
edit on 6/11/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

OK, picture it this way. If you were walking down the street and some guy came up to you and started talking this way, about an interdimensional mixing of our timeline and world with others ,and it all is because of the LHC is opening portals to other dimensions and they are leaking through, most people ,including a lot of you in here, would get away from that person as quickly as possible and think he was crazy. But, in ATS behind the anonymity of the internet you accept it?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're part of your own timeline and switched/merged into mine or vice versa it's hard to tell. Listen this sh!t is really complicated to explain because all i have is a theory to go on. Nothing has changed for you because you still remember it like it was. I concluded for myself that to many things have just changed to dismiss it as faulty memory. I never said i was right nor do i try to convince people. I just want to discuss more cases of the ME. As far as i can tell my family didn't change maybe they will in the future i don't know.

So you admit you have no facts. HOWEVER Seem Intent On PRESENTING That You do. Reality is simple if you see this a lot more than likely your memory sucks.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's always been "we can dance". "You" wouldn't make any sense in the context of the song.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just listened to this song the other day in a Lyft ride....the song later goes, "we can dance, we can dance, everything is out of control" repeat.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry but that's not so easy as it sound. I'm german and we discussed world wars and Hitler like no tomorrow. History class practically evolved around him and the two world wars in every new school year. It was drilled in our memory and i can state for a fact that Hitler never had blue eyes. He wanted the aryan race to have blue eyes because of his brown eyes and his austrian heritage. I wrote whole history essays about this sh!t and that was in the 90's.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Again the song is about the lead singer and his friends , we, getting kicked out of clubs for dancing.

Ill roll like a ME believer though...In my timeline the sky is actually green, all the pretty people in the world love me and Slayer actually sing about fluffy bunnies.

That is all just as factually accurate as this ME.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I remember that singer using the words "You" in the song quite clearly. The galaxy Sagittarius is becoming part of the Milky way and I am left wondering if this up coming collision of galaxies has something to do with the alteration..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join