It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should anyone believe Comey about Russia influence election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Trump cultist rhetoric is old news and anyone still using it is just intellectually lazy. You need to come up with some new material man..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

As for Ukraine, they have every right to be upset. Instead of participating in an election, the Maidan coup overthrew the democratically elected president and plunged Ukraine into chaos right on the border with Russia.

As for Chechnya, it had been a part of the Russia soviet republic. If it wasn't, it would have been a sovereign state like the 15 ex Soviet republics. Because Chechnya wasn't a Soviet republic, it had no right to become a sovereign state. Basque is not Spanish and they don't get to be a state. Not every ethnicity group has its own state.
edit on 11-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Trump cultist rhetoric is old news and anyone still using it is just intellectually lazy. You need to come up with some new material man..

You need to stay on topic and read up on the terms and conditions of ATS.

As much as it fancies me to know how I important I am to you, I'm not the topic of this thread, and I will say what I please.

If that "triggers," you, oh well. You can throw all the personal insults at me you'd like. If the mods actually did their jobs, they'd be along to refer you to the specifics in the terms and conditions (that you explicitly agreed to) that you're violating.

Don't like being called cultists?

Stop acting like them. Obama-drones 2.0.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Good point. He's a secretive man. Instead of sharing his thoughts and opinions with the president, the AG, or the congress, he chose to do it his own way and leak to the press. That's not someone anyone can trust.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

He'll still be testifiying over the next month or so. The Intel Sub Committee gave the White House 2 weeks to turn over any tapes (of Presidential Conversation).....who knows if anything is in there to indicate more info on Russia?

More info THERE..may indicate more..or where to search for more

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: gortex

I have yet to hear Comey explain what influence means.

From what I've seen of Comey he seems a smart and erudite chap I imagine he chooses his words advisedly,

Influence The power to have an effect on people or things, or a person or thing that is able to do this:

dictionary.cambridge.org...

It's possible there was some Influencing going on here through the election.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

PS: 12 noon News now: Sessions to Testify Senate Intelligence Committee...apparently 3rd meeting was held with Russian Ambassador and Sessions

How or not Trump may be involved unclear until later this week....stay tuned

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Lol you come in here and leave your typical response with your typical tone, adding really no substance at all to this conversation other than some back patting for mentioning a few buzzwords and ending it off with 'Trump cultist'.
You forgot to add some type of 'waaaa or daaaaaa', and when I call out how anyone still using that rhetoric is being intellectually lazy you say I'm being off topic and should read up on the T&C, and calling on the mods? If I agreed with your assessment and added my own rhetoric and buzzwords would you feel the same way or would you instead star my post?

Wow.. who's triggered? I know you're style, you wait for a safe time to come out, leave your snarky response, and dissapear till the next opportunity.

If anyone else had said the same thing to you, you'd have a much different response.

Don't worry, I'll leave you to your safe space.

ETA: hypocrisy or?

Don't like being called cultists? 

Stop acting like them.

Don't like being called a lazy intellectual?

Stop acting like one.

edit on 11-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

So, you are telling me that the FBI is not investigating the Russian hacks....Oh, Ok....LMAO, uh, yes they are. www.latimes.com...

The FBI 2as denied access to the servers. So no there was never an investigation in to Russian hacking. The whole hacking thing is a claim made by the DNC with zero evidence to prove it. You would think they would have turned over the server to the FBI for further investigation. The reason they chose not to leads me to believe they are either hiding something or fabricating it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

From what I've seen of Comey he seems a smart and erudite chap I imagine he chooses his words advisedly,

Influence The power to have an effect on people or things, or a person or thing that is able to do this:

I thought he did to until he admitted to a crime under oath. Him leaking documents being the director of the FBI is very serious..........

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Apparently Comey's testimony had some real impact.

Now what could the Attorney general of the US have to hide?

www.rawstory.com...

How long do you think he will be loyal to Trump?

Can you see the hand writing on the wall yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: AboveBoard

Russia fear mongering. Russia has never been hostile to another country. Care to show me one instance they have?

Um. Ok.

Cold War. Hostile to US. "We will bury you."

Sting- Russians

Um. Ukraine. Annexing Crimea. It is proven that Russia was behind the disruption and the cause of that mess. Brookings Institute: Russian /US Relations

The Conservative Heritage Foundation describes the problems Russia poses for the US:

Within the overarching need for a U.S. comprehensive strategy, Russia poses four distinct, but related problems for U.S. policy:

First, Putin’s Russia is a regime that combines a lack of respect for political, civil, and economic rights with a dysfunctional economy.

Second and most dangerous for the United States, Russia poses a series of worldwide strategic and diplomatic challenges, including buildup of its nuclear arsenal and military.

Third, Russia poses threats to discrete U.S. friends, allies, and interests around the world.

Fourth, Russia’s cooperation with bad actors and its increasing tendency to play a spoiler role pose another set of threats.

Another cyber warfare attack by Russia on France happened this year with the intent of Election meddling, luckily unsuccessful.

The Russians are not our US friends, governmentally speaking. The recent cyber attack by Russia with the intent of disrupting our democracy was hostile in nature. That example alone should be enough.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 11-6-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Russia would have never annexed Crimea if there wasn't a coup in Ukraine. That teaches people all around the world, don't do a coup, s'il vous plait.

No American has ever been killed by a Russian or an Iranian. On the contrary, hundreds of thousands of Americans were killed by Germans and Japanese, thousands of Americans were killed by Arabs.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: gortex

I thought he did to until he admitted to a crime under oath. Him leaking documents being the director of the FBI is very serious..........

Except it wasn't a crime, but hey, believe as you will. He consulted with many people first - he knows the law and is not an idiot. Mueller gave him permission to speak to the Senate Intelligence Committee - that is a strong indication that Comey has done absolutely nothing wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Russia would have never annexed Crimea if there wasn't a coup in Ukraine. That teaches people all around the world, don't do a coup, s'il vous plait.

No American has ever been killed by a Russian or an Iranian. On the contrary, hundreds of thousands of Americans were killed by Germans and Japanese, thousands of Americans were killed by Arabs.

And they "helped" that coup in the Ukraine, friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Evidence? How did Russia help start a coup in Ukraine?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: kurthall

FBI does not know anything about what Russians do. Unless CIA provides them the intel. They are involved in domestic matters. They have no teams operating in other countries or are they ever involved in gathering foreign intel. Maybe Comey knows what Russians do because Obama make an EO that allows intel agencies to share.

wrong....the FBI keeps track of high priority Russians in this country, have for along time
wrong....the FBI has resources outside the US to help solve high priority crimes, have for along time

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is my opinion that the ONLY reason why Trump had everyone leave the room to have a 1-on-1 conversation is Trump baited Comey to say anything he could later use against him on the recordings he was making. Trump knew he was THE weasel.

Yes, he has recordings. This is his proven and admitted to historical M.O. from the business world.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I wish ATS trumpers, would go back and re-read all of the malarkey they posted....It was so anti-Hillary, the elections rigged, Hillary is going to win, because it was rigged. trump himself, said it was rigged dozens of times. He cried like a baby, it was rigged. He also tweeted it was rigged.

Now, nope, he won fair and square, he also goes so far as to say he won the popular vote. Which is BS. I just love those inauguration Photos, the ones he said had sooooo many more people than Obama did, and he proudly tweeted about. Then we saw the pictures......LOL

The man lies so much, he believes it himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join