It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14th Hole's a Killer: 2 Deadly Snakes Fight on Golf Course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
We've seen gators on American courses and squirrels on British courses but in South Africa golfer Cara Treherne spotted this little obstruction while playing the 14th hole at Leopard Creek Country Golf Club.

Aside from being quite mesmerizing the sighting of the two Black Mamba snakes engaging in combat is as rare as it was unwelcome.

"We debated about carrying on playing the hole, but after a little while longer, we decided to drive past them at a wide berth and go to the next hole," Cara told LatestSightings.com. "We found concentrating on golf quite difficult over the next few holes. I feel this was a once-in-a-lifetime sighting."
www.livescience.com...

Personally I'd have just called the game a draw and gone back to the 19th.

edit on 11-6-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Time for a 9-Iron.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think in fact that they are mating.

A hole in one of sorts....

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

They are two males according to the expert, not sure snakes swing that way.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Battle Royale for dominance for territory or mating rights in a venomous snakes world. This isn't a duel to the death, they could kill each other in a heartbeat.

They intertwine and wrestle in a test of strength , what better playing field than a golf course?

Rare moment is right, to see them. The rest of the time they are around, just out of sight. Like the waiting female, wherever she was hiding and watching.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Can u imagin liveing around that ... if u get bit out on a hike u got about 45 min to find help and less than a day to live

I cant think of anything that lethal ... iv heard of people steping into a rattlesnake den with better odds of surviveing

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Are they fighting or copulating?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My thought exactly. They had smiles on their faces.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
We've seen gators on American courses and squirrels on British courses,

Good comparison, unless they come looking for your nuts......

On a local "public" course I have heard tails of the 9th hole crack head, basically she offers a quick blowy and I heard you can card a "break in play" if the offer ever arises. Golf, the perfect way to ruining a good walk..

RA

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They are two males according to the expert, not sure snakes swing that way.

I never thought you would be the one to out themselves as homosnakeaphobic.

shame on you.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

They weren't fighting, they were...well let's just say they need some Barry White CD's and a tie on the door knob.

Males fight in the presence of a female and since I see no females in the foreground or background, mister mamba is getting some-way to go dude!
edit on 11-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Male snakes do this to fight for the local female. The winner of the elaborate wrestling match gets copulation rights with the female. Shes around that gulf course...somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Black mambas are fast and agressive and often chase irritating humans at near our sprinting speed. Trying to whack one with a 9 iron is not recommended

I just deal with pesky snakes with a 410 or a 12 gauge

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Rematch!! One should wear a coloured bib to help the judges decide. I mean, how do we know who won? There's a few takedowns and you have to admire the willingness of the competitors to fight in the pocket. I believe they were using rear naked chokes and was that a rare omoplata in the 50th second?

You're right on the 'mesmerising,' it's a shame they didn't film it to the end.

Posting this again because it's so edge-of-the-seat. Tourist lizard wanders into the bad side of town and snake gangbangers want his wallet, phone and car keys.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
That was probably the most amazing piece of natural world film I've ever seen, wow, thanks for posting, I was on the edge of my seat, wow, just wow!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Tick the snakes off and it really would have been once in a lifetime. Those things can kill fast!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Male snakes do this to fight for the local female. The winner of the elaborate wrestling match gets copulation rights with the female. Shes around that gulf course...somewhere.

Not to mention ... after the main event, all her babies ...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
gortex

Whew...that was hard to get through. But they were mesmerizing as some said. I don't think I would've stayed around to tape them. Probably would've been screaming like a girl and running in the opposite direction tbh. But I'm glad they got it on tape if it is something rarely seen.

With that said..I think between yours and Kandinsky's video ..I've reached my monthly limit of snake videos. (possibly my yearly limit)

Thanks for sharing this though. I'd rather view them this way than in real life.

blend57
edit on 11-6-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit! : /

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've golfed within feet from alligators, but never poisonous snakes. Think I'd just play through past the hole and take a trip-bogie for the hole that day.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Looks to me those 2 snakes are gettin busy,doesn't look like a fight to me

new topics

top topics

join