It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump, More Powerful Than You Think!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is now officially official... the country has lost its mind.

First, Trump was just looking for publicity, then he was the worst businessman of all time, then he was a tax cheat, then he was a Russian spy, then he was an establishment plant, then he was a devout White Supremacist, then he was a xenophobic, then he was a sexist, then he was a bully... heck, I've probably missed a few...

I thought every crazy theory in the world had been thrown at him, but this one... oh, this one makes the others look tame.

Now, Donald J. Trump causes... genetic mutation toward obesity!

That's right, ATS. A biology professor in Seattle has confirmed for us that all that weight gain is caused by the orange commander-in-chief!

A biology professor at the University of Washington in Seattle believes the stress caused by President Donald Trump’s time in office will lead to a permanent change in human genetics.

Ward argued that significant traumas — like abuse or military combat — can cause “permanent change” to the human genome. He went on to suggest Trump’s presidency is akin to those traumas and will have an “evolutionary consequence” on humanity.

Now, I get that stress causes weight gain... there's a lot of evidence for that. But come on... to put blame for stress-induced weight gain on the shoulders of a President, and to suggest evolutionary impacts from the intensity? Isn't that a little far? What's next? Trump causes AIDS? Mad cow disease? Will California demand a warning on all political commercials featuring Trump? A'la "The people in this advertisement are known to the State of California to cause cancer in humans"?

It's not even sad anymore... just amusing. Anyone care to bet on what evils will be discovered to be Trump-related next? I call dibs on a mosquito population explosion...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I pick serpent invasion

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Wait, it gets better, this guy Peter Ward from your article has a popular book out on Climate Change. I have not read the book, but the synopsis seems to indicate he is likening AGW to the Permian Extinction event somehow. Looks like we're destined as a species to get fat and then die.

Peter Ward
Professor, UW Dept of Biology

His Book

Under a Green Sky: global warming, the mass extinctions, of the past and what they can tell us about our future mass extinctions.

In Under a Green Sky, Ward explains how the Permian extinction as well as four others happened, and describes the freakish oceans—belching poisonous gas—and sky—slightly green and always hazy—that would have attended them. Those ancient upheavals demonstrate that the threat of climate change cannot be ignored, lest the world's life today—ourselves included—face the same dire fate that has overwhelmed our planet several times before

edit on 11-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Funny, I've dropped about 20 lbs, workout six times a week and feel better than ever since the election.

Sex life is good too. I'm a stud.

If people need advice on how I've accomplished that and how I prevented Trump from buying food for me, transporting it from car to kitchen, cooking it and shoving it down my throat I'd be happy to help. Seems like a real accomplishment. Trump showed up at my door with the intention of making me fat and eating donuts and I somehow turned him away.

Might go on my resume.
edit on 11-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Trump's next plan is to block out the Sun, Burns style.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

So, propaganda does cause Trump Derangement Syndrome, it's official.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Maybe you should read up on Epigenetics. So the last line was a dig however it's not unreasonable to hypothesize on the long reaching changes on the human body due to the policies of a leader. There's been studies of descendents of famine survivors...and not too long ago a study of Holocaust survivors, interesting stuff.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Perhaps Obama's presidency wasn't healthy for you.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Only lunatics, completely lost to any form of sanity, will entertain this nonsense - which means only Progressives.
Though, if over time the genetics of Progressives changes because of Trump and they all get fat and become extinct over a generation or two, that would be great for humanity. The ultimate win for Trump - and humanity.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

After much careful consideration I have figured out exactly what is going on! It is a conspiracy of the highest level. If all the anti Trumpers get fat then it will be easier to spot them. They will no longer be able to slip into a Trump rally unnoticed. Just keep an eye on them and stop the trouble before it starts. Unfortunately I will be watched very carefully.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I don't know if 'the country has lost its mind,' but the good professor has lost his marbles. He's clearly projecting his own anxieties about a Trump presidency otherwise the same would apply to people traumatised by the Obama presidency and those before him.

Come to think of it, *if* politics creates epigenetic changes, it will always have done so, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yeah but it's science
He is a professor, so you just can't dismiss it as psycho babble, it's science

Then again, figure if I was marooned on a island, he isn't a professor that I would want to help get me off the island

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Key word there.. Long term...

6 months is not long enough to have had any measurable effect.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I think the trumpster is awesome, why?

Because in my mind, he is the first step to an openly corporate ruled world, no more pretending, no more puppets, it will be a more honest world.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What's your take on Epigenetics? The original article from Gizmodo is about Epigenetics, there's literally one line about Trump and just because it was about Trump doesn't mean the guy precludes effects of other presidents. The Blaze per usual, reaching far to paint a picture.

This could have been an interesting science discussion as opposed to yet another "bahaha liberals" thread.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I find epigenetics fascinating. There are some intriguing studies that have come out in the past 5-6 years. In particular, there's one about post-War East European women having higher incidences of children with mental disorders.

It is a thread about Liberals and so on, but deep down, if true, it's really about all people. Even those on the Republican side are susceptible to epigenetics although the notion is likely to ruffle the feathers of some.

ETA - perhaps epigenetics and woeful politicians are to blame for USA's Top 10 spot for obesity? "I do not eat too much, it's because I'm politically alienated!"
edit on 6.11.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Key word there.. Long term...

6 months is not long enough to have had any measurable effect.

Policies enacted by president have very long reach. Bill Clinton's welfare reform for example still effects people in poverty today, perhaps the people born to people on welfare at that time have some minor but in common expression of a particular gene and will have passed that particular expression to their children.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You have nerves comparing what the Holocaust victims went trough, going trough actual hell and back, with what pathetic, spoiled libtards brats are going trough, just because their candidate lost?

That's just poor taste

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Yeah but it's science
He is a professor, so you just can't dismiss it as psycho babble, it's science

Then again, figure if I was marooned on a island, he isn't a professor that I would want to help get me off the island

He must be one of those climate change scientists...though the argument that Trump is making people fat is probably more lucid than that.
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I believe that McDonalds et al and the fast food culture that the USA have plonked on the world (or should I say rammed down peoples throats) over the last 30 or so years as well as just modern consuming habits have contributed waaaayyyy way towards the way people were/are becoming shaped before your current president was elected n'est pas?

Sounds like some researcher needs analgesic for his anal sphincter to me!?

I cannot believe I have just posted in the mud pit!!!

Shame on me..

Lags
edit on 11-6-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Words added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join