It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you suggest, wanting to open my mind.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I agree with a lot of what you say - I respect animals, and while I am not a vegetarian of any sort - I believe that the circle of life includes all animals eating what they are designed to eat, I do believe we should stop the abuse that happens due to thoughts of profit alone. It is not natural to think about financial gain before thinking about what impact that gain has on the earth, on others.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: pirhanna

Kinda interesting exercise I did last night.

I've just been frustrated lately, I let people get on my nerves even when they haven't done anything.

While I am working on figuring my underlying feelings and thoughts, my most immediate thought was that I needed to get my mind correct when it comes to interacting with others.

I imagined embracing every person I thought of. Slowly, consciously connecting with each person, regardless of my recent thoughts and feelings towards them.

It brought a large amount of peace.

See thoughts in the huge space that you are - but notice that thought does not know anything - you are what is knowing that there are thought stories occurring.

Those thoughts and feelings just arise but if you believe that they are yours and that you are doing them they will cause stress. If you recognise yourself as simply the space that is aware of what is happening within it - you will find that you have always been peace.
No thing can 'bring' peace. Peace is ever present (here always) but can be veiled by concepts.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Things like dancing, fighting. ..relatively intuitive things can get you in thst sort of mindset.

I used to fence a lot and, it got to the stage where, when I was fighting, I passed through all the moves and forms without thinking and there was, for a time, nothing outside the point of my sabre or epee, and the opponents. They were moments of utter clarity.

I get a similar thing from riding a bike, everything else fades and you are left with just the path you travel along.

Doing anything to a high enough degree for a period can induce this state, so pick something you like and keep at it.

edit on 56pSun, 11 Jun 2017 10:16:56 -050020172017-06-11T10:16:56-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 48pSun, 11 Jun 2017 10:17:48 -050020172017-06-11T10:17:48-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Kriya yoga. See kriya.org. Find a local chapter and get initiated. Then practice daily. Best meditation ever. Also try vipassana.

Find an ecstatic dance or sacred dance group that meets periodically. Everyone dances their own dance, however their body and spirit moves them. It is freeing and can lead to a beautiful experience.

Try finding a gong wash. I had the most powerful transcendant experience at a wash. It was a variety of instruments, drums and huge gongs, and the vibration goes through your physical and etheric bodies, healing on multiple levels.

Go see Amma.

Walk in places of great natural beauty and commune with the trees, the creatures. See the beauty and the Divine in each.

Chant OM with a group, and feel the change within.

Read and meditate deeply on the words of Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta, Mooji, Tolle, Ramakrishna, Yogananda. Find material on youtube of each.

Learn about Ho’oponopono, Hawaiian forgiveness technique. Practice it daily. It is life-changing. I love you...I am sorry...please forgive me...thank you.

Study shamanism with a true shaman, not a new agey imposter. Learn soul retrieval, to walk in astral realms.

When you know, not just think or believe, but know that you are the Divine, as is every person, creature stone and plant, that is everything. Then go live a life of being present, compassionate, creative, joyful, loving, noble, and of service. There is no seeking at that point.

Namaste.

Galadriel

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Never mind..
edit on 11-6-2017 by mericks74 because: Yeah..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Caver78
Meditation is a tool that can show you what your true nature is.

This statement bothers/worries me.

I made a thread a while ago about "unintentional meditation" where I described ending up in a state of complete "No mind" relaxation due to fatigue, where odd flashes would appear in my mind, often very nasty, sick, horrific imagery or scenarios.

Are you saying that stuff is who I am?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There is another thing I would suggest to assist your quest. Change your diet.

One day I've decided to try another experiment. That was a raw vegan food lifestyle.

What it actually means is that your food must consists only of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, fresh herbs (dill, parsley, coriander, basil, etc.) and fresh seedlings. That's all. And everything must be fresh and raw, no processing (like boiling, freezing) is allowed. Pretty crazy, right? No pizzas, no pasta, no donuts, no drinks. No borscht, dude!

I had a year of this diet. And that was freaking amazing. The only processed thing I was allowing to myself at that period was home-prepared coffee. I've lost about 25 kilos, and felt waaaaay much better. The mindset has changed (I don't know whether it was a placebo effect though). I had soooo much energy, like when I was a kid, you know!

The problem is that in Moscow it is a real problem to have a good choice of fruit and vegetables all the year round and the quality is poor, not mentioning the overpricing. So actually it is really danger to have this diet for a long period of time here - you don't know what you buy and eat. So if you live where fruits and stuff are abound, jump at my suggestion. Get a week trial!))

A raw vegan food lifestyle is a tough way; maybe you should change your diet gradually, like:
1. Exclude alcohol.
2. Exclude soft drinks.
3. Exclude ready-to-cook meals (like frozen cutlets).
4. Exclude sauces.

Get a habit of CHECKING the ingredients of the pack before you put it in your trolley. You'll be amazed. When I was visiting the USA I was shocked to know that they added a so-called "corn syrup" in EVERYTHING. What the heck?

Do not economize on food. Food is what will become you. If you exclude stuff like alcohol, tobacco, desserts, etc. you'll have a lot of money to spend on fresh and qualitative food.

99% of food that you eat contains additives and preservatives. Think about it.
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

I made a thread a while ago about "unintentional meditation" where I described ending up in a state of complete "No mind" relaxation due to fatigue, where odd flashes would appear in my mind, often very nasty, sick, horrific imagery or scenarios.

I answered this question in the post you replied to but I will answer it again in case you missed it.
You are aware - you are not the stuff - you are what is seeing and knowing the stuff that appears and disappears.
You are what never comes or goes - always here and now seeing and knowing whatever shows up here and now.
Your true nature is not what appears because what appears does not stay - you are ever present and aware.

edit on 12-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I answered this question in the post you replied to but I will answer it again in case you missed it.
You are aware - you are not the stuff - you are what is seeing and knowing the stuff that appears and disappears.
You are what never comes or goes - always here and now seeing and knowing whatever shows up here and now.
Your true nature is not what appears because what appears does not stay - you are ever present and aware.

Ah I see.
Thanks.

That leads me to another question if you don't mind answering, without meaning to hijack the thread too much.

What exactly are these nasty flashes of imagery if not me? And how can meditation be helpful for me if that's what happens? It's totally put me off actively practicing it.

I'm not being critical of the practice btw, genuinely seeking answers.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Practice on living in the moment, there are many books.

Although very cliche...it is absolutely attainable and will make a difference in your life.

Congrats on knowing that you CAN open up, many people never get there.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

It was a revelation to me when someone finally told me about "moving meditation" since no one ever knows till they try I figured Deadlyhope might benefit. (just in case).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What exactly are these nasty flashes of imagery if not me?

Well, even the flashes are you but they are not here all the time - they are just flashes - where are they now?

And how can meditation be helpful for me if that's what happens? It's totally put me off actively practicing it.

Meditation will not be helpful to you. What help do you need? What are you looking for?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I came back to this post just to glance over responses from our great and diverse community. Lots of good suggestions as expected. Just wanted to add that most of them are included in Western Zen. If you haven't already looked into it I should also add that Western Zen incorporates the great aspects of Zen without making it a religion. Some of the Zen Masters walk a thin line there, but whatever your chosen religion, including none, Western Zen will only compliment it and never interfere.
Whatever you choose to try, I hope you find what you seek!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What exactly are these nasty flashes of imagery if not me?

Well, even the flashes are you but they are not here all the time - they are just flashes - where are they now?

And how can meditation be helpful for me if that's what happens? It's totally put me off actively practicing it.

Meditation will not be helpful to you. What help do you need? What are you looking for?

I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
My understanding is that meditation can be beneficial for a number of reasons.
But when in that state, if I suddenly become a person who's holding up severed heads to his face and screaming “#ing look at me!" at them in a mocking manner like it's the funniest joke ever, I'm confused as to where the benefit is.

I mean, what the hell is that all about?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Regarding drug use, an hallucination trips are more likely to make users experience their inner workings, but it probably screws with the brain chemical balance that they kind of trap themselves.

Experiences vary with meditation, some exercises are more physical while others more psychological. Gopi Krishna, a Yogi I've read about was a practitioner of meditation for 17 years when he had some kind of experience and his whole view of the world changed drastically. He also said he had some problems regulating his body temperature after it.

The sky the limit it just finding a learning curve of sorts or something to work with at first, all the while going through a destructive process.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Did laughter happen when that happened?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

Did laughter happen when that happened?

No, no laughter. But "I" thought it was very clever and witty. I had a sense it was a show for others seeing through my eyes also. I think that's the sort of thing that impressed them.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
All of the above but certain herbs can make it quicker.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Meditation is not an act, that is a gross misconception but very persistent among seekers.
There is a lot of money to be made with spiritual mumbo jumbo, do not be fooled.

As for the OP, sorry it is not knowledge, hence any reference to sites and threads will not be of any benefit.
All that simply means you'll become second hand and eventually be repeating the taught like so many others have done and are doing.
The best advise then is of course, "go out in nature", breath the joy of life.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just realize that the unknown is infinite compared to the known & that most are stuck in a narrow bandwidth of knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join